Mountain bike rides- Balkans PICS)))))))

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.rides archive' started by Nino K., Jul 20, 2003.

  1. Nino K.

    Nino K. Guest

    Hi, here is gallery of pictures from Mtn bike ride in Durmitor- Monte Negro. I ride it during the
    June 2002. See on www.pbase.com/bikebosnia

    Some older pictures on www.pbase.com/kliponino

    Nino K. Bike Bosnia

    Tags:

  2. Peter

    Peter Guest

    Great pictures, wanted o cycle through Montenegro or Cerna Gora this year myself but had some
    problems with getting money from the Bankomat's (Wrong credit-card) there so had to return. What I'm
    wondering is what are the roads like in Durmitor is it like very rocky or is it possible to cycle
    there with 37mm tires? Maybe you can tell me also about the campsites and their availability. Thanks

    Peter

    "Nino K." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi, here is gallery of pictures from Mtn bike ride in Durmitor- Monte Negro. I ride it during the
    > June 2002. See on www.pbase.com/bikebosnia
    >
    > Some older pictures on www.pbase.com/kliponino
    >
    > Nino K. Bike Bosnia

  3. Nino K.

    Nino K. Guest

    "Peter" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Great pictures, wanted o cycle through Montenegro or Cerna Gora this year myself but had some
    > problems with getting money from the Bankomat's (Wrong credit-card) there so had to return. What
    > I'm wondering is what are the roads like in Durmitor is it like very rocky or is it possible to
    > cycle there with 37mm tires? Maybe you can tell me also about the campsites and their
    > availability. Thanks
    >
    > Peter

    Actually, I don't know anything about campsites in that area. I was staying in hotel in Zabljak and
    I knew that is possible to take room or apartment in the private houses. If you want low budget
    vacation I can only recommend to you several nice places in my neighborhood in Sarajevo. Yes, it's
    not some fancy place at this moment for vacation, but all my friends from abroad who visit are very
    satisfied. Contact me over e-mail address for all addition information. All the best, Nino K.

  4. Ivo Miesen

    Ivo Miesen Guest

    [email protected] (Nino K.) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Peter" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Great pictures, wanted o cycle through Montenegro or Cerna Gora this year myself but had some
    > > problems with getting money from the Bankomat's (Wrong credit-card) there so had to return. What
    > > I'm wondering is what are the roads like in Durmitor is it like very rocky or is it possible to
    > > cycle there with 37mm tires? Maybe you can tell me also about the campsites and their
    > > availability. Thanks
    > >
    > > Peter
    >
    > Actually, I don't know anything about campsites in that area. I was staying in hotel in Zabljak
    > and I knew that is possible to take room or apartment in the private houses. If you want low
    > budget vacation I can only recommend to you several nice places in my neighborhood in Sarajevo.
    > Yes, it's not some fancy place at this moment for vacation, but all my friends from abroad who
    > visit are very satisfied. Contact me over e-mail address for all addition information. All the
    > best, Nino K.

    I cycled through Montenegro april last year. I've seen campsites in Zabljak and on the cost, but
    many were still closed. Options for wild camping were scant, the countryside is not fitting for it
    (lack of flat spaces). It was quite possible to find hotels in the €15-€25 range. Even while 'only'
    staying on roads, the scenery was spectacular. I used a 37mm tyre at front, a 32mm at the back. that
    was absolutely enough, even at some dirt roads earlier on in that trip, in Serbia. Nino, a report of
    my trip has been translated into Serbian, and appeared on Jovan Erakovic's site.

    Ivo