Mountain Bike Seatpost that tilts forward and down

Tommy Taylor

Guest
I'm looking for a mountain bike seat post that tilts forward and down. I am
currently using an older model Cane Creek Thudbuster because it tilts down
more than any post that I've seen.

My Thudbuster is getting wobbly and I need to replace it. Cane Creek's new
models don't tilt down as much. Their new setup is like a Thomson.
Thomsons won't work...at least the older model that I have just won't tilt
down enough.

I need something that gets the nose of the saddle down.

Thanks!

Tommy

In article <[email protected]>,
"Tommy Taylor" <[email protected]> wrote:

> I'm looking for a mountain bike seat post that tilts forward and
> down. I am currently using an older model Cane Creek Thudbuster
> because it tilts down more than any post that I've seen.
>
> My Thudbuster is getting wobbly and I need to replace it. Cane
> Creek's new models don't tilt down as much. Their new setup is like
> a Thomson. Thomsons won't work...at least the older model that I have
> just won't tilt down enough.
>
> I need something that gets the nose of the saddle down.

Hmmm. Maybe you need a different saddle that fits you better and/or a
good bike fitting by someone who's an expert at it.

On Feb 22, 10:46 am, "Tommy Taylor" <[email protected]>
wrote:
> I'm looking for a mountain bike seat post that tilts forward and down. I am
> currently using an older model Cane Creek Thudbuster because it tilts down
> more than any post that I've seen.
>
> My Thudbuster is getting wobbly and I need to replace it. Cane Creek's new
> models don't tilt down as much. Their new setup is like a Thomson.
> Thomsons won't work...at least the older model that I have just won't tilt
> down enough.
>
> I need something that gets the nose of the saddle down.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Tommy

Sounds like your frame is too big. Your seat should be level or
pointed UP.

On Feb 22, 11:43 am, BigJulie <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Feb 22, 10:46 am, "Tommy Taylor" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> > I'm looking for a mountain bike seat post that tilts forward and down.  I am
> > currently using an older model Cane Creek Thudbuster because it tilts down
> > more than any post that I've seen.

> > I need something that gets the nose of the saddle down.

> > Thanks!

> Sounds like your frame is too big. Your seat should be level or
> pointed UP.

Because bike fitting generally says that the saddle should be level
doesn't mean that every individual will be most comfortable that way.
Bike fitting makes a good starting point but a cyclist can (or maybe
should) experiment from there. There are an infinite number of
variations and no two people are the same.

I've been an adult cyclist for 35 years and ride 6-10K miles per
year. I prefer my saddle positioned with the nose tilted down on a
road bike and flat on a mountain bike. (I also prefer a longer stem
and wider handlebars than a bike fitting would give me).

To answer the original posters question, I can suggest the Thomson
Elite seatpost, about $60 on sale.

Tom

In article
<f8729f67-04d4-45b8-89e2-fa1d9a0fafb1@s37g2000prg.googlegroups.com>,

> Because bike fitting generally says that the saddle should be level
> doesn't mean that every individual will be most comfortable that way.

True enough.

> I've been an adult cyclist for 35 years and ride 6-10K miles per
> year. I prefer my saddle positioned with the nose tilted down on a
> road bike and flat on a mountain bike. (I also prefer a longer stem
> and wider handlebars than a bike fitting would give me).

Probably one of the reasons you prefer your saddle nose-down.

> Sounds like your frame is too big. Your seat should be level or
> pointed UP.

I've got problems that aren't related to the fit of the bike. I forgot the
exact name that the urologist called it...varicoles of the sack or something
like that. A tilted seat takes the varicoles out of play. I would rather
have a level seat because it's easier on the palms, arms, and shoulders.

>>[email protected] ....Thomson Elite seatpost, about $60 on sale.

I've got a Thomson Elite...it's not the newest model. With the angle of the
seat tube, the seat doesn't end up pointing down at all. The new Thudbuster
post looks just like the Thomson.

Thanks!

Tommy

In article <[email protected]>,
"Tommy Taylor" <[email protected]> wrote:

> I'm looking for a mountain bike seat post that tilts forward and down. I am
> currently using an older model Cane Creek Thudbuster because it tilts down
> more than any post that I've seen.
>
> My Thudbuster is getting wobbly and I need to replace it. Cane Creek's new
> models don't tilt down as much. Their new setup is like a Thomson.
> Thomsons won't work...at least the older model that I have just won't tilt
> down enough.
>
> I need something that gets the nose of the saddle down.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Tommy

Hm. I understand your specific issues, and while I'm still concerned
it's not the right solution, I think this seatpost design has virtually
infinite downward tilt:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=19826

Funn seatpost, V2.

V3 might work, but I can't tell from the picture:

http://funnmtb.com/saddles/seatpost.html

>> Funn seatpost, V2.

> V3 might work, but I can't tell from the picture:
>
> http://funnmtb.com/saddles/seatpost.html
>
> --
> Ryan Cousineau [email protected] http://www.wiredcola.com/

After reading all of the posts, I found there are many seat posts that will
tilt forward enough for me.

I purchased the Titec El Norte. The person that I talked to at Jenson USA
said that he thought that the Titec would work. He found one from stock and
assured me that it would do the job. It's now on my bike, tilted as
required. Problem solved.

THANKS ALL!

Tommy

In article <[email protected]>,
"Tommy Taylor" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Ryan Cousineau" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> Funn seatpost, V2.

> > V3 might work, but I can't tell from the picture:
> >
> > http://funnmtb.com/saddles/seatpost.html
> >
> > --
> > Ryan Cousineau [email protected] http://www.wiredcola.com/

> After reading all of the posts, I found there are many seat posts that will
> tilt forward enough for me.
>
> I purchased the Titec El Norte. The person that I talked to at Jenson USA
> said that he thought that the Titec would work. He found one from stock and
> assured me that it would do the job. It's now on my bike, tilted as
> required. Problem solved.
>
> THANKS ALL!
>
> Tommy

Just for reference: