Mountain bike shoes for big feet

Thebigguy

Jan 18, 2017
I ride a Surly LHT and wear mountain bike shoes for ease of walking but the soles finally separated on my really OLD shoes and now I can't find shoes to fit. I wear a 48 or 49 size but can't find a shoe wide enough anywhere.
I know I'll have to order online but I'm looking for some help in suggesting good shoes that come in wide sizes.
Any and all help is appreciated!

JonDot

Apr 7, 2011
SIDI Dominator. I have to get EE to H width and their wide shoe works for me. Might be a little pricey, but well built and I have been told they stand behind their products. Best shoe I have owned.

Thebigguy

Jan 18, 2017
SIDI Dominator. I have to get EE to H width and their wide shoe works for me. Might be a little pricey, but well built and I have been told they stand behind their products. Best shoe I have owned.
Thanks much for the info! I'm past the point of caring what they cost (within reason) just so I can get back on the machine!

lrisius

Feb 17, 2010
+1 for the Sidis. Look for the "Mega" (wide) version. I've been wearing a pair of 51s for 10-15 years. Good shoes. I've replaced the straps once or twice.

Thebigguy

Jan 18, 2017
+1 for the Sidis. Look for the "Mega" (wide) version. I've been wearing a pair of 51s for 10-15 years. Good shoes. I've replaced the straps once or twice.
Thanks for the reply! I've been trying to find a pair of the megas to check for fit but no luck so I guess It's an online order. They're not cheap but sure worth it if they work!

snoogins70

Feb 19, 2017
I have a high volume foot, too. Mine aren't as long as yours, but I need a WIDE toe box. I've always found Diadora's shoes to roomy enough for me, especially if I go a half size larger. They seem to build their shoes on wider lasts.