Mountain biker in coma after fall, not expected to live

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mike Vandeman

I would have thought it obvious that :

1. Nature is unpredictable
2. Speed kills
3. Bicycles, like ALL vehicles, must not be ridden faster than their limited stopping distance
allows. Bicycles have very little ability to stop under off-road conditions.
4. Endangering oneself is bad enough, but the laws of physics imply that the same danger the rider
faces is wreaked on anyone or anything in his/her path.

Mike

To: [email protected], bbtc <[email protected]> From: Joel Green
<[email protected]> List-Unsubscribe: <mailto:[email protected]> Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 2003 11:27:46 -0700 (PDT) Subject: Sad news from Bellingham...

The following was reprinted from the Bellingham Herald website.

Mountain biker in coma after fall on Galbraith Daniel Graham of Bellingham is in serious condition
at Harborview after Sunday mishap The Bellingham Herald A Bellingham man is in a coma at Harborview
Medical Center after he broke his neck in a fall from his mountain bike on Galbraith Mountain.
Daniel Graham has some brain damage and is not expected to live, said Bryant Davis, a friend and
neighbor of the Graham family. Friends are starting a fund at Washington Mutual to raise money for
his wife Scarlet, and son Quinn, who turned 10 on Saturday. Graham, a manager at Federal Express in
Burlington, was listed in serious condition Tuesday at Harborview. Graham was riding with two
friends downhill on Bob's trail, a winding chute on the west side of the mountain biking area
Sunday. He fell after completing a jump. He was wearing a helmet. One friend administered CPR, while
another ran down the hill to a nearby house to call 911, Davis said. Galbraith Mountain, located
just east of Bellingham, is perhaps the most popular mountain biking spot in Whatcom County, used by
hundreds of mountain bikers every year. Mountain bikers have been active on the mountain since the
sport hit Bellingham in the 1980s.

Joel Green

Web Site: http://www.mountainmojo.com

===
I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

The local scoop is that the poor guy had trail building equipment in his pack took a double jump wiped out and took an axe to the spinal cord.
Originally posted by Mike Vandeman
I would have thought it obvious that :

1. Nature is unpredictable
2. Speed kills
3. Bicycles, like ALL vehicles, must not be ridden faster than their limited stopping distance
allows. Bicycles have very little ability to stop under off-road conditions.
4. Endangering oneself is bad enough, but the laws of physics imply that the same danger the rider
faces is wreaked on anyone or anything in his/her path.

Mike

To: [email protected], bbtc <[email protected]> From: Joel Green
<[email protected]> List-Unsubscribe: <mailto:[email protected]> Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 2003 11:27:46 -0700 (PDT) Subject: Sad news from Bellingham...

The following was reprinted from the Bellingham Herald website.

Mountain biker in coma after fall on Galbraith Daniel Graham of Bellingham is in serious condition
at Harborview after Sunday mishap The Bellingham Herald A Bellingham man is in a coma at Harborview
Medical Center after he broke his neck in a fall from his mountain bike on Galbraith Mountain.
Daniel Graham has some brain damage and is not expected to live, said Bryant Davis, a friend and
neighbor of the Graham family. Friends are starting a fund at Washington Mutual to raise money for
his wife Scarlet, and son Quinn, who turned 10 on Saturday. Graham, a manager at Federal Express in
Burlington, was listed in serious condition Tuesday at Harborview. Graham was riding with two
friends downhill on Bob's trail, a winding chute on the west side of the mountain biking area
Sunday. He fell after completing a jump. He was wearing a helmet. One friend administered CPR, while
another ran down the hill to a nearby house to call 911, Davis said. Galbraith Mountain, located
just east of Bellingham, is perhaps the most popular mountain biking spot in Whatcom County, used by
hundreds of mountain bikers every year. Mountain bikers have been active on the mountain since the
sport hit Bellingham in the 1980s.

Joel Green

Web Site: http://www.mountainmojo.com

===
I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)

Mike, you must be one of the most warped in the brain people I have ever seen posting on any
newsgroup!

You take pleasure out of people having accidents and use their misfortune to support your totally
wrong 'environmental' stand.

Man, I feel sorry for you.

You work for one of the 'worst' companies that are actively raping our last old growth forests up
here in Canada as we speak, for your own phone books, and have tried to get others booted from
voluntary positions and from 'their' jobs for posting 'real' info instead of bull **** to the
newsgroups.

You got the boot from the Sierra Club for that too!

I mean just where do you get off?

What kind of credibility do you think you have?

Does 'your' boss know you post insane drivel to the internet using your work address?

Are you representing pacbell.net here?

Your header implies that.

Maybe 'they' should be asked if you are their 'official' spokes person, eh.

Hmmmm....

Mike
86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Mike Vandeman wrote:
>
> I would have thought it obvious that :
>
> 1. Nature is unpredictable
> 2. Speed kills
> 3. Bicycles, like ALL vehicles, must not be ridden faster than their limited stopping distance
> allows. Bicycles have very little ability to stop under off-road conditions.
> 4. Endangering oneself is bad enough, but the laws of physics imply that the same danger the rider
> faces is wreaked on anyone or anything in his/her path.
>
> Mike
>
> To: [email protected], bbtc <[email protected]> From: Joel Green
> <[email protected]> List-Unsubscribe: <mailto:[email protected]> Date:
> Wed, 10 Sep 2003 11:27:46 -0700 (PDT) Subject: Sad news from Bellingham...
>
> The following was reprinted from the Bellingham Herald website.
>
>
> Mountain biker in coma after fall on Galbraith Daniel Graham of Bellingham is in serious condition
> at Harborview after Sunday mishap The Bellingham Herald A Bellingham man is in a coma at
> Harborview Medical Center after he broke his neck in a fall from his mountain bike on Galbraith
> Mountain. Daniel Graham has some brain damage and is not expected to live, said Bryant Davis, a
> friend and neighbor of the Graham family. Friends are starting a fund at Washington Mutual to
> raise money for his wife Scarlet, and son Quinn, who turned 10 on Saturday. Graham, a manager at
> Federal Express in Burlington, was listed in serious condition Tuesday at Harborview. Graham was
> riding with two friends downhill on Bob's trail, a winding chute on the west side of the mountain
> biking area Sunday. He fell after completing a jump. He was wearing a helmet. One friend
> administered CPR, while another ran down the hill to a nearby house to call 911, Davis said.
> Galbraith Mountain, located just east of Bellingham, is perhaps the most popular mountain biking
> spot in Whatcom County, used by hundreds of mountain bikers every year. Mountain bikers have been
> active on the mountain since the sport hit Bellingham in the 1980s.
>
> Joel Green
>
> Web Site: http://www.mountainmojo.com
>
> ===
> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
> help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Mike Romain wrote:

>Mike, you must be one of the most warped in the brain people I have ever seen posting on any
>newsgroup!
>
>You take pleasure out of people having accidents and use their misfortune to support your totally
>wrong 'environmental' stand.
>
He's done it before. Ad infinitum. Ad nauseum. Ad sillium.

>Man, I feel sorry for you.
>
Kind of you, but to no purpose, unfortunately. Sympathy, reason,
empathy, logic..... all rather like pouring sand down a rat hole.

>
>What kind of credibility do you think you have?
>
He has no credible answer, since he has no credible basis from which to answer. (One clue is the
misanthropic tag line on all his posts.)

>
>Does 'your' boss know you post insane drivel to the internet using your work address?
>
>Are you representing pacbell.net here?
>
>
>
>
They're better served by not appearing on the scene; if one lies down with dogs, one gets up
with fleas.

>
>
>>===
>>I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
>>help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
>>
>>http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
>>
>>

--
If the assumptions are wrong, the conclusions aren't likely to be very good.
R. E. Machol

Mike, You are what is commonly referred to as an asshole. The guy is dying, his family is in
anguish, and his friends are trying to do some good for his family. You butt in and spew more of
your self-serving ****. SHAME ON YOU!!!

"Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>
> 2. Speed kills
> 3. Bicycles, like ALL vehicles, must not be ridden faster than their
limited
> stopping distance allows. Bicycles have very little ability to stop under off-road conditions.
> 4. Endangering oneself is bad enough, but the laws of physics imply that
the
> same danger the rider faces is wreaked on anyone or anything in his/her
path.
>
> Mike
>
>
>
>
>
> Mountain biker in coma after fall on Galbraith Daniel Graham of Bellingham is in serious condition
> at Harborview after
Sunday
> mishap The Bellingham Herald A Bellingham man is in a coma at Harborview Medical Center after
> he broke
his
> neck in a fall from his mountain bike on Galbraith Mountain. Daniel Graham has some brain damage
> and is not expected to live, said
Bryant
> Davis, a friend and neighbor of the Graham family. Friends are starting a fund at Washington
> Mutual to raise money for his
wife
> Scarlet, and son Quinn, who turned 10 on Saturday. Graham, a manager at Federal Express in
> Burlington, was listed in serious condition Tuesday at Harborview. Graham was riding with two
> friends downhill on Bob's trail, a winding
chute on
> the west side of the mountain biking area Sunday. He fell after completing a jump. He was wearing
> a helmet. One friend administered CPR, while another ran down the hill to a nearby
house
> to call 911, Davis said. Galbraith Mountain, located just east of Bellingham, is perhaps the most
popular
> mountain biking spot in Whatcom County, used by hundreds of mountain
bikers
> every year. Mountain bikers have been active on the mountain since the sport hit
Bellingham
> in the 1980s.
>
> Joel Green
>
>
> ===
> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
> help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
>

On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 18:26:21 -0400, Mike Romain <[email protected]> wrote:

.Mike, you must be one of the most warped in the brain people I have ever .seen posting on any
newsgroup! . .You take pleasure out of people having accidents and use their .misfortune to support
your totally wrong 'environmental' stand. . .Man, I feel sorry for you. . .You work for one of the
'worst' companies

Which company is that? Obviously, you have no idea whom I work for.

that are actively raping our .last old growth forests up here in Canada as we speak, for your own
.phone books, and have tried to get others booted from voluntary .positions and from 'their' jobs
for posting 'real' info instead of bull .**** to the newsgroups.

(Like YOUR BS?) ... while they were supposed to be working.

.You got the boot from the Sierra Club for that too!

BS.

.I mean just where do you get off? . .What kind of credibility do you think you have?

The best. I stick to truth, unlike you.

.Does 'your' boss know you post insane drivel to the internet using your .work address?

What is my work address, dumdum?

.Are you representing pacbell.net here? . .Your header implies that.

Where does it say that?

.Maybe 'they' should be asked if you are their 'official' spokes person, .eh.

You obviously have a few screws loose.

.Hmmmm.... . .Mike .86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 .88 Cherokee 235
BFG AT's . .Mike Vandeman wrote: .> .> I would have thought it obvious that : .> .> 1. Nature is
unpredictable .> 2. Speed kills .> 3. Bicycles, like ALL vehicles, must not be ridden faster than
their limited .> stopping distance allows. Bicycles have very little ability to stop under .>
off-road conditions. .> 4. Endangering oneself is bad enough, but the laws of physics imply that the
.> same danger the rider faces is wreaked on anyone or anything in his/her path. .> .> Mike .> .>
To: [email protected], bbtc <[email protected]> .> From: Joel Green
<[email protected]> .> List-Unsubscribe: <mailto:[email protected]> .>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 11:27:46 -0700 (PDT) .> Subject: Sad news from Bellingham... .> .> The
following was reprinted from the Bellingham Herald website. .> .> .> Mountain biker in coma after
fall on Galbraith .> Daniel Graham of Bellingham is in serious condition at Harborview after Sunday
.> mishap .> The Bellingham Herald .> A Bellingham man is in a coma at Harborview Medical Center
after he broke his .> neck in a fall from his mountain bike on Galbraith Mountain. .> Daniel Graham
has some brain damage and is not expected to live, said Bryant .> Davis, a friend and neighbor of
the Graham family. .> Friends are starting a fund at Washington Mutual to raise money for his wife
.> Scarlet, and son Quinn, who turned 10 on Saturday. .> Graham, a manager at Federal Express in
Burlington, was listed in serious .> condition Tuesday at Harborview. .> Graham was riding with two
friends downhill on Bob's trail, a winding chute on .> the west side of the mountain biking area
Sunday. .> He fell after completing a jump. He was wearing a helmet. .> One friend administered CPR,
while another ran down the hill to a nearby house .> to call 911, Davis said. .> Galbraith Mountain,
located just east of Bellingham, is perhaps the most popular .> mountain biking spot in Whatcom
County, used by hundreds of mountain bikers .> every year. .> Mountain bikers have been active on
the mountain since the sport hit Bellingham .> in the 1980s. .> .> Joel Green .> .> Web Site:
http://www.mountainmojo.com .> .> === .> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is
off-limits to .> humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8 .> years fighting
auto dependence and road construction.) .> .> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

===

On Sat, 4 Oct 2003 22:33:40 -0400, "MLL" <[email protected]> wrote:

.Mike, .You are what is commonly referred to as an asshole. The guy is dying, his .family is in
anguish, and his friends are trying to do some good for his .family. You butt in and spew more of
your self-serving ****. SHAME ON YOU!!!

Mountain bikers don't like anyone to tell the TRUTH about their sick sport, which is responsible for
his accident.

."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
.news:[email protected]... .> I would have thought it obvious that : .> .>
1. Nature is unpredictable .> 2. Speed kills .> 3. Bicycles, like ALL vehicles, must not be ridden
faster than their .limited .> stopping distance allows. Bicycles have very little ability to stop
under .> off-road conditions. .> 4. Endangering oneself is bad enough, but the laws of physics imply
that .the .> same danger the rider faces is wreaked on anyone or anything in his/her .path. .> .>
Mike .> .> .> To: [email protected], bbtc <[email protected]> .> From:
Joel Green <[email protected]> .> List-Unsubscribe:
<mailto:[email protected]> .> Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 11:27:46 -0700 (PDT) .>
Subject: Sad news from Bellingham... .> .> The following was reprinted from the Bellingham Herald
website. .> .> .> Mountain biker in coma after fall on Galbraith .> Daniel Graham of Bellingham is
in serious condition at Harborview after .Sunday .> mishap .> The Bellingham Herald .> A Bellingham
man is in a coma at Harborview Medical Center after he broke .his .> neck in a fall from his
mountain bike on Galbraith Mountain. .> Daniel Graham has some brain damage and is not expected to
live, said .Bryant .> Davis, a friend and neighbor of the Graham family. .> Friends are starting a
fund at Washington Mutual to raise money for his .wife .> Scarlet, and son Quinn, who turned 10 on
Saturday. .> Graham, a manager at Federal Express in Burlington, was listed in serious .> condition
Tuesday at Harborview. .> Graham was riding with two friends downhill on Bob's trail, a winding
.chute on .> the west side of the mountain biking area Sunday. .> He fell after completing a jump.
He was wearing a helmet. .> One friend administered CPR, while another ran down the hill to a nearby
.house .> to call 911, Davis said. .> Galbraith Mountain, located just east of Bellingham, is
perhaps the most .popular .> mountain biking spot in Whatcom County, used by hundreds of mountain
.bikers .> every year. .> Mountain bikers have been active on the mountain since the sport hit
.Bellingham .> in the 1980s. .> .> Joel Green .> .> Web Site: http://www.mountainmojo.com .> .> ===
.> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to .> humans ("pure habitat"). Want
to help? (I spent the previous 8 .> years fighting auto dependence and road construction.) .> .>
http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande .

===

On 5 Oct 2003 06:46:09 +0950, DanTheMantisMan <[email protected]> wrote:

.Mike Vandeman wrote:
. > I would have thought it obvious that :
. > 1. Nature is unpredictable
. > 2. Speed kills
. > 3. Bicycles, like ALL vehicles, must not be ridden faster than their
. > limited stopping distance allows. Bicycles have very little ability
. > to stop under off-road conditions.
. > 4. Endangering oneself is bad enough, but the laws of physics imply that
. > the same danger the rider faces is wreaked on anyone or anything in
. > his/her path.
. > Mike
. > To: [email protected], bbtc
. > <[email protected]> From: Joel Green <[email protected]>
. > List-Unsubscribe: mailto:[email protected]<mailto-
. > :[email protected]> Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003
. > 11:27:46 -0700 (PDT) Subject: Sad news from Bellingham...
. > The following was reprinted from the Bellingham Herald website.
. > Mountain biker in coma after fall on Galbraith Daniel Graham of
. > Bellingham is in serious condition at Harborview after Sunday mishap The
. > Bellingham Herald A Bellingham man is in a coma at Harborview Medical
. > Center after he broke his neck in a fall from his mountain bike on
. > Galbraith Mountain. Daniel Graham has some brain damage and is not
. > expected to live, said Bryant Davis, a friend and neighbor of the Graham
. > family. Friends are starting a fund at Washington Mutual to raise money
. > for his wife Scarlet, and son Quinn, who turned 10 on Saturday. Graham,
. > a manager at Federal Express in Burlington, was listed in serious
. > condition Tuesday at Harborview. Graham was riding with two friends
. > downhill on Bob's trail, a winding chute on the west side of the
. > mountain biking area Sunday. He fell after completing a jump. He was
. > wearing a helmet. One friend administered CPR, while another ran down
. > the hill to a nearby house to call 911, Davis said. Galbraith Mountain,
. > located just east of Bellingham, is perhaps the most popular mountain
. > biking spot in Whatcom County, used by hundreds of mountain bikers every
. > year. Mountain bikers have been active on the mountain since the sport
. > hit Bellingham in the 1980s.
. > Joel Green
. > Web Site: http://www.mountainmojo.com/http://www.mountainmojo.com
. > ===
. > I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans
. > ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting
. > auto dependence and road construction.)
. > http://home.pacbell.net/mjvandehttp://home.pacbell.net/mjvande . .The local scoop is that the
poor guy had trail building equipment in his .pack took a double jump

Whatever for???

wiped out and took an axe to the spinal cord.

===

Mike,

He has incorrectly assumed your were an employee of Sympatico/Bell, without knowledge that the
[email protected] addresses are used by all subscribers of Sympatico's ISP services.

PS... Got no time for huggin' trees, gotta run over a few with my bike! ;-)

Perdy.

> On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 18:26:21 -0400, Mike Romain <[email protected]>
wrote:
>
> .Mike, you must be one of the most warped in the brain people I have ever .seen posting on any
> newsgroup! . .You take pleasure out of people having accidents and use their .misfortune to
> support your totally wrong 'environmental' stand. . .Man, I feel sorry for you. . .You work for
> one of the 'worst' companies
>
> Which company is that? Obviously, you have no idea whom I work for.
>
> that are actively raping our .last old growth forests up here in Canada as we speak, for your own
> .phone books, and have tried to get others booted from voluntary .positions and from 'their' jobs
> for posting 'real' info instead of bull .**** to the newsgroups.
>
> (Like YOUR BS?) ... while they were supposed to be working.
>
> .You got the boot from the Sierra Club for that too!
>
> BS.
>
> .I mean just where do you get off? . .What kind of credibility do you think you have?
>
> The best. I stick to truth, unlike you.
>
> .Does 'your' boss know you post insane drivel to the internet using your .work address?
>
> What is my work address, dumdum?
>
> .Are you representing pacbell.net here? . .Your header implies that.
>
> Where does it say that?
>
> .Maybe 'they' should be asked if you are their 'official' spokes person, .eh.
>
> You obviously have a few screws loose.
>
> .Hmmmm.... . .Mike .86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 .88 Cherokee
> 235 BFG AT's . .Mike Vandeman wrote: .> .> I would have thought it obvious that : .> .> 1. Nature
> is unpredictable .> 2. Speed kills .> 3. Bicycles, like ALL vehicles, must not be ridden faster
> than their
limited
> .> stopping distance allows. Bicycles have very little ability to stop
under
> .> off-road conditions. .> 4. Endangering oneself is bad enough, but the laws of physics imply
that the
> .> same danger the rider faces is wreaked on anyone or anything in his/her
path.
> .> .> Mike .> .> To: [email protected], bbtc
<[email protected]>
> .> From: Joel Green <[email protected]> .> List-Unsubscribe:
> <mailto:[email protected]> .> Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 11:27:46 -0700 (PDT) .>
> Subject: Sad news from Bellingham... .> .> The following was reprinted from the Bellingham Herald
> website. .> .> .> Mountain biker in coma after fall on Galbraith .> Daniel Graham of Bellingham is
> in serious condition at Harborview after
Sunday
> .> mishap .> The Bellingham Herald .> A Bellingham man is in a coma at Harborview Medical Center
> after he
broke his
> .> neck in a fall from his mountain bike on Galbraith Mountain. .> Daniel Graham has some brain
> damage and is not expected to live, said
Bryant
> .> Davis, a friend and neighbor of the Graham family. .> Friends are starting a fund at Washington
wife
> .> Scarlet, and son Quinn, who turned 10 on Saturday. .> Graham, a manager at Federal Express in
> Burlington, was listed in
serious
> .> condition Tuesday at Harborview. .> Graham was riding with two friends downhill on Bob's trail,
> a winding
chute on
> .> the west side of the mountain biking area Sunday. .> He fell after completing a jump. He was
> wearing a helmet. .> One friend administered CPR, while another ran down the hill to a
nearby house
> .> to call 911, Davis said. .> Galbraith Mountain, located just east of Bellingham, is perhaps the
most popular
> .> mountain biking spot in Whatcom County, used by hundreds of mountain
bikers
> .> every year. .> Mountain bikers have been active on the mountain since the sport hit
Bellingham
> .> in the 1980s. .> .> Joel Green .> .> Web Site: http://www.mountainmojo.com .> .> === .> I am
> working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to .> humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
> help? (I spent the previous 8 .> years fighting auto dependence and road construction.) .> .>
>
> ===
>

> On Sat, 4 Oct 2003 22:33:40 -0400, "MLL" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> .Mike, .You are what is commonly referred to as an asshole. The guy is dying, his .family is in
> anguish, and his friends are trying to do some good for his .family. You butt in and spew more of
> your self-serving ****. SHAME ON
YOU!!!
>
> Mountain bikers don't like anyone to tell the TRUTH about their sick
sport,
> which is responsible for his accident.
>
> ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> .news:[email protected]... .> I would have thought it obvious that :
> .> .> 1. Nature is unpredictable .> 2. Speed kills .> 3. Bicycles, like ALL vehicles, must not
> be ridden faster than their .limited .> stopping distance allows. Bicycles have very little
> ability to stop
under
> .> off-road conditions. .> 4. Endangering oneself is bad enough, but the laws of physics imply
that
> .the .> same danger the rider faces is wreaked on anyone or anything in his/her .path. .> .> Mike
> .> .> .> To: [email protected], bbtc
<[email protected]>
> .> From: Joel Green <[email protected]> .> List-Unsubscribe:
> <mailto:[email protected]> .> Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 11:27:46 -0700 (PDT) .>
> Subject: Sad news from Bellingham... .> .> The following was reprinted from the Bellingham Herald
> website. .> .> .> Mountain biker in coma after fall on Galbraith .> Daniel Graham of Bellingham is
> in serious condition at Harborview after .Sunday .> mishap .> The Bellingham Herald .> A
> Bellingham man is in a coma at Harborview Medical Center after he
broke
> .his .> neck in a fall from his mountain bike on Galbraith Mountain. .> Daniel Graham has some
> brain damage and is not expected to live, said .Bryant .> Davis, a friend and neighbor of the
> Graham family. .> Friends are starting a fund at Washington Mutual to raise money for his .wife .>
> Scarlet, and son Quinn, who turned 10 on Saturday. .> Graham, a manager at Federal Express in
> Burlington, was listed in
serious
> .> condition Tuesday at Harborview. .> Graham was riding with two friends downhill on Bob's trail,
> a winding .chute on .> the west side of the mountain biking area Sunday. .> He fell after
> completing a jump. He was wearing a helmet. .> One friend administered CPR, while another ran down
> the hill to a
nearby
> .house .> to call 911, Davis said. .> Galbraith Mountain, located just east of Bellingham, is
> perhaps the
most
> .popular .> mountain biking spot in Whatcom County, used by hundreds of mountain .bikers .> every
> year. .> Mountain bikers have been active on the mountain since the sport hit .Bellingham .> in
> the 1980s. .> .> Joel Green .> .> Web Site: http://www.mountainmojo.com .> .> === .> I am working
> on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to .> humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I
> spent the previous 8 .> years fighting auto dependence and road construction.) .> .>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande .
>
> ===
>

Mike Romain <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Mike, you must be one of the most warped in the brain people I have ever seen posting on any
> newsgroup!

Yes that was noted and documented years ago.
>
> You take pleasure out of people having accidents and use their misfortune to support your totally
> wrong 'environmental' stand.

The man has no qualms about getting Sierra Club members fired for not being radical enough. Do you
really think a little thing like using someone's death is below him.

> You got the boot from the Sierra Club for that too!

Get your facts straight, he just got banned from leadership positions, and can never publicly state
that his views represent the Sierra Clubs views.

> What kind of credibility do you think you have?

He thinks he has plenty of credibility. Other than that there is only one other person who takes his
**** seriously and she is almost equally whacked in the head. The Sierra Club leadership has washed
their hands of him because he goes way beyond their point of view. This is why he has recently been
critical of them. That and the fact that they smacked him down pretty hard.

-- The Ogre http://ogrehut.net

On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 18:26:21 -0400, Mike Romain <[email protected]> wrote:

.Mike, you must be one of the most warped in the brain people I have ever .seen posting on any
newsgroup! . .You take pleasure out of people having accidents and use their .misfortune to support
your totally wrong 'environmental' stand.

Why should I be happy, just because an environmental rapist got killed by his own axe? You would be
better off trying to PREVENT this from occurring, instead of trying to sweep it under the rug! At
least I am trying to prevent it from re-occurring, by banning mountain biking and trail-building. If
you had any sense, you would AGREE with me!

.Mike Vandeman wrote: .> .> I would have thought it obvious that : .> .> 1. Nature is unpredictable
.> 2. Speed kills .> 3. Bicycles, like ALL vehicles, must not be ridden faster than their limited .>
stopping distance allows. Bicycles have very little ability to stop under .> off-road conditions. .>
4. Endangering oneself is bad enough, but the laws of physics imply that the .> same danger the
rider faces is wreaked on anyone or anything in his/her path. .> .> Mike .> .> To:
[email protected], bbtc <[email protected]> .> From: Joel Green
<[email protected]> .> List-Unsubscribe: <mailto:[email protected]> .>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 11:27:46 -0700 (PDT) .> Subject: Sad news from Bellingham... .> .> The
following was reprinted from the Bellingham Herald website. .> .> .> Mountain biker in coma after
fall on Galbraith .> Daniel Graham of Bellingham is in serious condition at Harborview after Sunday
.> mishap .> The Bellingham Herald .> A Bellingham man is in a coma at Harborview Medical Center
after he broke his .> neck in a fall from his mountain bike on Galbraith Mountain. .> Daniel Graham
has some brain damage and is not expected to live, said Bryant .> Davis, a friend and neighbor of
the Graham family. .> Friends are starting a fund at Washington Mutual to raise money for his wife
.> Scarlet, and son Quinn, who turned 10 on Saturday. .> Graham, a manager at Federal Express in
Burlington, was listed in serious .> condition Tuesday at Harborview. .> Graham was riding with two
friends downhill on Bob's trail, a winding chute on .> the west side of the mountain biking area
Sunday. .> He fell after completing a jump. He was wearing a helmet. .> One friend administered CPR,
while another ran down the hill to a nearby house .> to call 911, Davis said. .> Galbraith Mountain,
located just east of Bellingham, is perhaps the most popular .> mountain biking spot in Whatcom
County, used by hundreds of mountain bikers .> every year. .> Mountain bikers have been active on
the mountain since the sport hit Bellingham .> in the 1980s. .> .> Joel Green .> .> Web Site:
http://www.mountainmojo.com .> .> === .> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is
off-limits to .> humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8 .> years fighting

===

On 5 Oct 2003 00:56:13 -0700, [email protected] (The Ogre) wrote:

.Mike Romain <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>... .>
Mike, you must be one of the most warped in the brain people I have ever .> seen posting on any
newsgroup! . .Yes that was noted and documented years ago. .> .> You take pleasure out of people
having accidents and use their .> misfortune to support your totally wrong 'environmental' stand. .
.The man has no qualms about getting Sierra Club members fired for not .being radical enough. Do you
really think a little thing like using .someone's death is below him. . .> You got the boot from the
Sierra Club for that too! . .Get your facts straight, he just got banned from leadership .positions,
and can never publicly state that his views represent the .Sierra Clubs views.

BS. They missed their own deadline, & had to drop the complaint.

.> What kind of credibility do you think you have? . .He thinks he has plenty of credibility. Other
than that there is only .one other person who takes his **** seriously and she is almost .equally
whacked in the head. The Sierra Club leadership has washed .their hands of him because he goes way
beyond their point of view. .This is why he has recently been critical of them. That and the fact
.that they smacked him down pretty hard.

BS. Get your facts straight. Oops, I forgot: you are a mountain biker. "Fact" is not in your
vocabulary.

.-- The Ogre .http://ogrehut.net

===

On Sun, 5 Oct 2003 00:36:08 -0400, "Perdy Tired" <[email protected]> wrote:

.Mike, . .He has incorrectly assumed your were an employee of Sympatico/Bell, without .knowledge
that the [email protected] addresses are used by all subscribers of Sympatico's ISP .services. .
.PS... Got no time for huggin' trees, gotta run over a few with my bike! .;-)

Break a leg! :)

.Perdy. . . ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
.news:[email protected]... .> On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 18:26:21 -0400, Mike
Romain <[email protected]> .wrote: .> .> .Mike, you must be one of the most warped in the brain
people I have ever .> .seen posting on any newsgroup! .> . .> .You take pleasure out of people
having accidents and use their .> .misfortune to support your totally wrong 'environmental' stand.
.> . .> .Man, I feel sorry for you. .> . .> .You work for one of the 'worst' companies .> .> Which
company is that? Obviously, you have no idea whom I work for. .> .> that are actively raping our .>
.last old growth forests up here in Canada as we speak, for your own .> .phone books, and have tried
to get others booted from voluntary .> .positions and from 'their' jobs for posting 'real' info
instead of bull .> .**** to the newsgroups. .> .> (Like YOUR BS?) ... while they were supposed to be
working. .> .> .You got the boot from the Sierra Club for that too! .> .> BS. .> .> .I mean just
where do you get off? .> . .> .What kind of credibility do you think you have? .> .> The best. I
stick to truth, unlike you. .> .> .Does 'your' boss know you post insane drivel to the internet
using your .> .work address? .> .> What is my work address, dumdum? .> .> .Are you representing
pacbell.net here? .> . .> .Your header implies that. .> .> Where does it say that? .> .> .Maybe
'they' should be asked if you are their 'official' spokes person, .> .eh. .> .> You obviously have a
few screws loose. .> .> .Hmmmm.... .> . .> .Mike .> .86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose
to tail in '00 .> .88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's .> . .> .Mike Vandeman wrote: .> .> .> .> I would have
thought it obvious that : .> .> .> .> 1. Nature is unpredictable .> .> 2. Speed kills .> .> 3.
Bicycles, like ALL vehicles, must not be ridden faster than their .limited .> .> stopping distance
allows. Bicycles have very little ability to stop .under .> .> off-road conditions. .> .> 4.
Endangering oneself is bad enough, but the laws of physics imply .that the .> .> same danger the
rider faces is wreaked on anyone or anything in his/her .path. .> .> .> .> Mike .> .> .> .> To:
[email protected], bbtc .<[email protected]> .> .> From: Joel Green
<[email protected]> .> .> List-Unsubscribe: <mailto:[email protected]> .>
.> Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 11:27:46 -0700 (PDT) .> .> Subject: Sad news from Bellingham... .> .> .>
.> The following was reprinted from the Bellingham Herald website. .> .> .> .> .> .> Mountain biker
in coma after fall on Galbraith .> .> Daniel Graham of Bellingham is in serious condition at
Harborview after .Sunday .> .> mishap .> .> The Bellingham Herald .> .> A Bellingham man is in a
coma at Harborview Medical Center after he .broke his .> .> neck in a fall from his mountain bike on
Galbraith Mountain. .> .> Daniel Graham has some brain damage and is not expected to live, said
.Bryant .> .> Davis, a friend and neighbor of the Graham family. .> .> Friends are starting a fund
at Washington Mutual to raise money for his .wife .> .> Scarlet, and son Quinn, who turned 10 on
Saturday. .> .> Graham, a manager at Federal Express in Burlington, was listed in .serious .> .>
condition Tuesday at Harborview. .> .> Graham was riding with two friends downhill on Bob's trail, a
winding .chute on .> .> the west side of the mountain biking area Sunday. .> .> He fell after
completing a jump. He was wearing a helmet. .> .> One friend administered CPR, while another ran
down the hill to a .nearby house .> .> to call 911, Davis said. .> .> Galbraith Mountain, located
just east of Bellingham, is perhaps the .most popular .> .> mountain biking spot in Whatcom County,
used by hundreds of mountain .bikers .> .> every year. .> .> Mountain bikers have been active on the
mountain since the sport hit .Bellingham .> .> in the 1980s. .> .> .> .> Joel Green .> .> .> .> Web
Site: http://www.mountainmojo.com .> .> .> .> === .> .> I am working on creating wildlife habitat
that is off-limits to .> .> humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8 .> .>
years fighting auto dependence and road construction.) .> .> .> .> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
.> .> === .> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to .> humans ("pure
habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8 .> years fighting auto dependence and road
construction.) .> .> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande .

===

. ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
.news:[email protected]... .> On Sat, 4 Oct 2003 22:33:40 -0400, "MLL"
<[email protected]> wrote: .> .> .Mike, .> .You are what is commonly referred to as an asshole. The
guy is dying, his .> .family is in anguish, and his friends are trying to do some good for his .>
.family. You butt in and spew more of your self-serving ****. SHAME ON .YOU!!! .> .> Mountain bikers
don't like anyone to tell the TRUTH about their sick .sport, .> which is responsible for his
accident. .> .> ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message .>
.news:[email protected]... .> .> I would have thought it obvious that : .>
.> .> .> 1. Nature is unpredictable .> .> 2. Speed kills .> .> 3. Bicycles, like ALL vehicles, must
not be ridden faster than their .> .limited .> .> stopping distance allows. Bicycles have very
little ability to stop .under .> .> off-road conditions. .> .> 4. Endangering oneself is bad enough,
but the laws of physics imply .that .> .the .> .> same danger the rider faces is wreaked on anyone
or anything in his/her .> .path. .> .> .> .> Mike .> .> .> .> .> .> To:
[email protected], bbtc .<[email protected]> .> .> From: Joel Green
<[email protected]> .> .> List-Unsubscribe: <mailto:[email protected]> .>
.> Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 11:27:46 -0700 (PDT) .> .> Subject: Sad news from Bellingham... .> .> .>
.> The following was reprinted from the Bellingham Herald website. .> .> .> .> .> .> Mountain biker
in coma after fall on Galbraith .> .> Daniel Graham of Bellingham is in serious condition at
Harborview after .> .Sunday .> .> mishap .> .> The Bellingham Herald .> .> A Bellingham man is in a
coma at Harborview Medical Center after he .broke .> .his .> .> neck in a fall from his mountain
bike on Galbraith Mountain. .> .> Daniel Graham has some brain damage and is not expected to live,
said .> .Bryant .> .> Davis, a friend and neighbor of the Graham family. .> .> Friends are starting
a fund at Washington Mutual to raise money for his .> .wife .> .> Scarlet, and son Quinn, who turned
10 on Saturday. .> .> Graham, a manager at Federal Express in Burlington, was listed in .serious .>
.> condition Tuesday at Harborview. .> .> Graham was riding with two friends downhill on Bob's
trail, a winding .> .chute on .> .> the west side of the mountain biking area Sunday. .> .> He fell
after completing a jump. He was wearing a helmet. .> .> One friend administered CPR, while another
ran down the hill to a .nearby .> .house .> .> to call 911, Davis said. .> .> Galbraith Mountain,
located just east of Bellingham, is perhaps the .most .> .popular .> .> mountain biking spot in
Whatcom County, used by hundreds of mountain .> .bikers .> .> every year. .> .> Mountain bikers have
been active on the mountain since the sport hit .> .Bellingham .> .> in the 1980s. .> .> .> .> Joel
Green .> .> .> .> Web Site: http://www.mountainmojo.com .> .> .> .> === .> .> I am working on
creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to .> .> humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I
spent the previous 8 .> .> years fighting auto dependence and road construction.) .> .> .> .>
http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande .> . .> .> === .> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is
auto dependence and road construction.) .> .> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande .

What's that?

You would be better off trying to PREVENT this from occurring, instead of trying to sweep it under
the rug! At least I am trying to prevent it from re-occurring, by banning mountain biking and
trail-building. If you had any sense, you would AGREE with me!
===

> On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 18:26:21 -0400, Mike Romain
>
> Why should I be happy, just because an environmental rapist got killed
by his
> own axe? You would be better off trying to PREVENT this from
occurring, instead
> of trying to sweep it under the rug!

Cool!!! When I take off on my mountain bike tomorrow and tear through some grasses off the trail, I
will be extra careful. Every Monday I call it my Mike V. memorial ride.

Tear it up dudes!!!!!

At least I am trying to prevent it from
> re-occurring, by banning mountain biking and trail-building. If you
had any
> sense, you would AGREE with me!
>
> .Mike

Mike Vandeman wrote:

>

Yup

> 2. Speed kills

Don't move then.

> 3. Bicycles, like ALL vehicles, must not be ridden faster than their
limited
> stopping distance allows. Bicycles have very little ability to stop under off-road conditions.

Didn't know that, next time I'm breaking hard in the dirt I'll keep in mind that I'm not
actually stopping.

> 4. Endangering oneself is bad enough, but the laws of physics imply that
the
> same danger the rider faces is wreaked on anyone or anything in his/her
path.

I didn't see where there was something in his path. Read that he jumped then crashed, I didn't see
where he hit something, the ground is hard enough to mess you up.

>
>
>
>
> at Harborview after
Sunday
> mishap The Bellingham Herald A Bellingham man is in a coma at Harborview Medical Center after
> he broke
his
> neck in a fall from his mountain bike on Galbraith Mountain. Daniel Graham has some brain damage
> and is not expected to live, said
Bryant
> Davis, a friend and neighbor of the Graham family. Friends are starting a fund at Washington
wife
> Scarlet, and son Quinn, who turned 10 on Saturday. Graham, a manager at Federal Express in
> Burlington, was listed in serious condition Tuesday at Harborview. Graham was riding with two
> friends downhill on Bob's trail, a winding
chute on
> the west side of the mountain biking area Sunday. He fell after completing a jump. He was wearing
> a helmet. One friend administered CPR, while another ran down the hill to a nearby
house
> to call 911, Davis said. Galbraith Mountain, located just east of Bellingham, is perhaps the most
popular
> mountain biking spot in Whatcom County, used by hundreds of mountain
bikers
> every year. Mountain bikers have been active on the mountain since the sport hit
Bellingham
> in the 1980s.
>
> Joel Green
>
>
> ===
>

--
Mark Wolfe http://www.wolfenet.org gpg fingerprint = 42B6 EFEB 5414 AA18 01B7 64AC EF46 F7E6 82F6
8C71 Bill Gates to his broker: "You idiot, I said $150 million on **SNAPPLE**!!!"

Trying to make political capital out of events like these will get you nowhere.

But then, painting the limp phallus of your ego with the team colours and then running around
dangling it in people's faces has always been where you're at.

If you were a comedian, you'd be Tom Green. Nuff said.

Andy Chequer

>
> at Harborview after Sunday mishap The Bellingham Herald A Bellingham man is in a coma at
> Harborview Medical Center after he broke his neck in a fall from his mountain bike on Galbraith
> Mountain. Daniel Graham has some brain damage and is not expected to live, said Bryant Davis, a
> friend and neighbor of the Graham family. Friends are starting a fund at Washington Mutual to
> raise money for his wife Scarlet, and son Quinn, who turned 10 on Saturday. Graham, a manager at
> Federal Express in Burlington, was listed in serious condition Tuesday at Harborview. Graham was
> riding with two friends downhill on Bob's trail, a winding chute on the west side of the mountain
> biking area Sunday. He fell after completing a jump. He was wearing a helmet. One friend
> administered CPR, while another ran down the hill to a nearby house to call 911, Davis said.
> Galbraith Mountain, located just east of Bellingham, is perhaps the most popular mountain biking
> spot in Whatcom County, used by hundreds of mountain bikers every year. Mountain bikers have been
> active on the mountain since the sport hit Bellingham in the 1980s.

From Googling: The Bellingham Herald ... Daniel Graham died Wednesday, according to a hospital
spokeswoman. Galbraith Mountain, located just east of Bellingham, is perhaps the most popular
mountain ... news.bellinghamherald.com/stories/ 20030914/LocalState/155797.shtml - 30k

--Karen M.

On Sun, 05 Oct 2003 09:32:24 -0700, Mark Wolfe <[email protected]> wrote:

.Mike Vandeman wrote: . .> I would have thought it obvious that : .> .> 1. Nature is unpredictable .
.Yup . .> 2. Speed kills . .Don't move then. . . .> 3. Bicycles, like ALL vehicles, must not be
ridden faster than their .limited .> stopping distance allows. Bicycles have very little ability to
stop under .> off-road conditions. . .Didn't know that, next time I'm breaking hard in the dirt I'll
keep in mind .that I'm not actually stopping. . .> 4. Endangering oneself is bad enough, but the
laws of physics imply that .the .> same danger the rider faces is wreaked on anyone or anything in
his/her .path. . .I didn't see where there was something in his path. Read that he jumped .then
crashed, I didn't see where he hit something, the ground is hard .enough to mess you up.

The point is that he COULD have hit someone or something.

. .> .> To: [email protected], bbtc <[email protected]> .> From: Joel
Green <[email protected]> .> List-Unsubscribe: <mailto:[email protected]>
.> Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 11:27:46 -0700 (PDT) .> Subject: Sad news from Bellingham... .> .> The
fall on Galbraith .> Daniel Graham of Bellingham is in serious condition at Harborview after .Sunday
after he broke .his .> neck in a fall from his mountain bike on Galbraith Mountain. .> Daniel Graham
has some brain damage and is not expected to live, said .Bryant .> Davis, a friend and neighbor of
the Graham family. .> Friends are starting a fund at Washington Mutual to raise money for his .wife
friends downhill on Bob's trail, a winding .chute on .> the west side of the mountain biking area
while another ran down the hill to a nearby .house .> to call 911, Davis said. .> Galbraith
Mountain, located just east of Bellingham, is perhaps the most .popular .> mountain biking spot in
Whatcom County, used by hundreds of mountain .bikers .> every year. .> Mountain bikers have been
active on the mountain since the sport hit .Bellingham .> in the 1980s. .> .> Joel Green .> .> Web
Site: http://www.mountainmojo.com .> .> === .> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is

===

Status
Not open for further replies.