Mountain biker in coma after fall, not expected to live

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Sun, 5 Oct 2003 21:02:37 +0100, "Andy Chequer"
<andy@(removethisbittosend)thisisasparagus.com> wrote:

.Trying to make political capital out of events like these will get you .nowhere. . .But then,
painting the limp phallus of your ego with the team colours and .then running around dangling it in
people's faces has always been where .you're at. . .If you were a comedian, you'd be Tom Green. Nuff
said. . .Andy Chequer

Did you say somehting?
===
I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

"Karen M." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> > The following was reprinted from the Bellingham Herald website.
> >
> > Mountain biker in coma after fall on Galbraith Daniel Graham of Bellingham is in serious
> > condition at Harborview after
Sunday
> > mishap The Bellingham Herald A Bellingham man is in a coma at Harborview Medical Center after he
broke his
> > neck in a fall from his mountain bike on Galbraith Mountain. Daniel Graham has some brain damage
> > and is not expected to live, said
Bryant
> > Davis, a friend and neighbor of the Graham family. Friends are starting a fund at Washington
> > Mutual to raise money for his
wife
> > Scarlet, and son Quinn, who turned 10 on Saturday. Graham, a manager at Federal Express in
> > Burlington, was listed in
serious
> > condition Tuesday at Harborview. Graham was riding with two friends downhill on Bob's trail, a
> > winding
chute on
> > the west side of the mountain biking area Sunday. He fell after completing a jump. He was
> > wearing a helmet. One friend administered CPR, while another ran down the hill to a nearby
house
> > to call 911, Davis said. Galbraith Mountain, located just east of Bellingham, is perhaps
> > the most
popular
> > mountain biking spot in Whatcom County, used by hundreds of mountain
bikers
> > every year. Mountain bikers have been active on the mountain since the sport hit
Bellingham
> > in the 1980s.
>
> From Googling: The Bellingham Herald ... Daniel Graham died Wednesday, according to a hospital
> spokeswoman. Galbraith Mountain, located just east of Bellingham, is perhaps the most popular
> mountain ... news.bellinghamherald.com/stories/ 20030914/LocalState/155797.shtml - 30k
>
> --Karen M.

Thanks Karen... That is a beautiful spot to ride. Now it will be sad to ride there. Heartfelt
condolences to the family.............

-Bob

Bob wrote:

> "Karen M." <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>The Bellingham Herald ... Daniel Graham died Wednesday, according to a hospital spokeswoman.
>>Galbraith Mountain, located just east of Bellingham, is perhaps the most popular mountain ...
>>news.bellinghamherald.com/stories/ 20030914/LocalState/155797.shtml - 30k
>>
>>--Karen M.
>
>
> Thanks Karen... That is a beautiful spot to ride. Now it will be sad to ride there. Heartfelt
> condolences to the family.............
>
> -Bob
>
>

I feel for the family, I am so sorry to hear about this. My boy has recently turned 10 as well, it
would break my heart to not see him grow up. Life is dangerous, please be careful, most of us have
people in our lives who count on us every single day ... and wouldn't want it any other way.

--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado (remove ".nospam" to reply)

"Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> I would have thought it obvious that :
>
> 1. Nature is unpredictable
Hence your existance.....cause had your mom known, i can only speak for myself but..... adoption
or abortion?

> 2. Speed kills
walking through a doorway and banging your temple on the wrong spot kills too.... stay away from
doorways? and how many fat-asses die sitting on their couch chuggin pepsi....atleast... dare i say
1000 times as many... poor argument

> 3. Bicycles, like ALL vehicles, must not be ridden faster than their
limited
> stopping distance allows. Bicycles have very little ability to stop under off-road conditions.

HAHAHA... my bike stops just fine thanks.... often way before i do, as many a friend will tell ya
with a laugh. Ever heard of a Porsche? somethin like 0-60mph on 5 seconds..... 60-0mph in
2.5 seconds... thats what we all need.. i agree

> 4. Endangering oneself is bad enough, but the laws of physics imply that
the
> same danger the rider faces is wreaked on anyone or anything in his/her
path.

DANGER!!! DANGER!!! YOU pansy ass.....The words Freedom....You have the right to cry... i have the
right to enjoy it...tough love i guess Its not like we're plunking gophers, or poaching bears... We
are riding a bike.... in the forest... trying to leave existance as is, while using up less
resources than what is needed to build, power and run your computer.... or computer(s).....deal with
it.... or are you really Dr. Duh?

On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 01:51:42 GMT, "B Good" <[email protected]> wrote:

. ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
.news:[email protected]... .> I would have thought it obvious that : .> .>
1. Nature is unpredictable .Hence your existance.....cause had your mom known, i can only speak for
.myself but..... adoption or abortion? . .> 2. Speed kills .walking through a doorway and banging
your temple on the wrong spot kills .too.... stay away from doorways? .and how many fat-asses die
sitting on their couch chuggin .pepsi....atleast... dare i say 1000 times as many... poor argument .
.> 3. Bicycles, like ALL vehicles, must not be ridden faster than their .limited .> stopping
distance allows. Bicycles have very little ability to stop under .> off-road conditions. .
.HAHAHA... my bike stops just fine thanks.... often way before i do, as many .a friend will tell ya
with a laugh. .Ever heard of a Porsche? somethin like 0-60mph on 5 seconds..... 60-0mph in .2.5
seconds... thats what we all need.. i agree . .> 4. Endangering oneself is bad enough, but the laws
of physics imply that .the .> same danger the rider faces is wreaked on anyone or anything in
his/her .path. . .DANGER!!! DANGER!!! YOU pansy ass.....The words Freedom....You have the .right to
cry... i have the right to enjoy it.

No, you don't. There's no RIGHT to mountain bike: http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande/mtb10.htm.

..tough love i guess .Its not like we're plunking gophers, or poaching bears.

But you kill any small animal or plant that happens to be in the trail.

.. We are riding a .bike.... in the forest... trying to leave existance as is,

BS. If you wanted to do that, you would WALK.

while using up .less resources than what is needed to build, power and run your computer.... .or
computer(s).....deal with it.... or are you really Dr. Duh? .

===
I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)

On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 16:56:12 GMT, Craig Brossman <[email protected]> wrote:

.Bob wrote: . .> "Karen M." <[email protected]> wrote in message .>>The Bellingham Herald
.>>... Daniel Graham died Wednesday, according to a hospital spokeswoman. .>>Galbraith Mountain,
located just east of Bellingham, is perhaps the .>>most popular mountain ...
.>>news.bellinghamherald.com/stories/ 20030914/LocalState/155797.shtml - .>>30k .>> .>>--Karen M. .>
.> .> Thanks Karen... .> That is a beautiful spot to ride. .> Now it will be sad to ride there. .>
Heartfelt condolences to the family............. .> .> -Bob .> .> . .I feel for the family, I am so
sorry to hear about this. My boy has .recently turned 10 as well, it would break my heart to not see
him grow up. .Life is dangerous,

BS. MOUNTAIN BIKING is dangerous. Idiot.

please be careful, most of us have people in our .lives who count on us every single day ... and
wouldn't want it any .other way.

===

"Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> .I feel for the family, I am so sorry to hear about this. My boy has .recently turned 10 as well,
> it would break my heart to not see him
grow up.
> .Life is dangerous,
>
> BS. MOUNTAIN BIKING is dangerous. Idiot.

You messed up again in your writing skills. You meant to say that "being an idiot, you are dangerous
to mountain bikers."

>
> please be careful, most of us have people in our .lives who count on us every single day ... and
> wouldn't want it any .other way.
>
> ===
> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
> help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Status
Not open for further replies.