Mountain Biker looking at buying 2010 Trek 1.1

macphisto55

Aug 14, 2011
O.K., so I'm mostly a mountain biker but would like to get into doing some road cycling with a few friends that have road bikes. It's tough getting to mountain bike more than a couple of times a week with two young kids and all so I would like to be able to just walk out my door and ride.

A guy I know through a mutual friend has an almost new 2010 Trek 1.1 that he will sell me for $380.. He only rode it one weekend and decided cycling wasn't for him. The size of the bike is perfect for me. I do realize that this is a low end bike but I'm not looking to spend much money at all. I mostly want the bike to get exercise in when my time is limited. There are some good road riding routes here in Southern California so I would also like to do longer rides once in a while.

Anyway, Any advise as to whether this is a good deal or if I should wait around for a better deal is appreciated.

I figure if I really like road cycling I can sell this bike and get a higher end bike a year down the road

Thanks

That's a great price on an entry level road bike. If it fits and is in almost new condition, I would not hesitate to make the purchase.

Reactions: DeanN