Mountain Biker Tries to Claim that Hikers Do More Damage

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Mike Vandeman, Jun 22, 2003.

  1. On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 06:07:47 GMT, "Dashi Toshii" <[email protected]> wrote:

    . ."Peter H" <[email protected]> wrote in message .news:[email protected]... .> Dashi Toshii
    wrote: .> .> >"Peter H" <[email protected]> wrote in message .> >news:[email protected]... .>
    > .> > .> >>Given that my sense of humor is wryer than thine..... .> >> .> >> .> > .> >Oh, from the
    UK are you... .> > .> >Dashii .> > .> > .> > .> > .> No. . .Glad to hear that. I like the British
    humor and you seem like a jerk.

    "Seem"?!

    .*PLONK . .Dashii .

    ===

    http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

  2. Doug Haxton

    Doug Haxton Guest

    Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > .>Small animals that I have seen killed or injured by bicycles are snake and .>chipmunks. . .To
    > which one might quite rightly point out, "So what?"
    >
    > Same as when mountain bikers get killed mountain biking.

    Your statement equating the death of a mountain biker with that of a chipmunk is duly noted.

    C'mon, fess up...this is all an act, isn't it?

    Doug

  3. On 12 Jul 2003 12:43:59 -0700, [email protected] (Doug Haxton) wrote:

    .Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>... .> .>Small animals that I have seen killed or
    injured by bicycles are snake and .> .>chipmunks. .> . .> .To which one might quite rightly point
    out, "So what?" .> .> Same as when mountain bikers get killed mountain biking. . .Your statement
    equating the death of a mountain biker with that of a .chipmunk is duly noted.

    It's called "compensation": mountain bikers don't care about the death of wildlife, so ....
    ===

    http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

  4. Rice

    Rice New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 9, 2003

    If you find us so insane and savage, what is the point of writing about your critisims on a mtb messageboard? Do you think it makes a difference if you wrote this or not, are you hoping to convert every mountainbiker who read your stuff. I agree with you on one point; no bikers on hiker's trails but I think that must be just about it.

    Go bug another forum!

  5. Doug Haxton

    Doug Haxton Guest

    On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 01:28:32 GMT, Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On 12 Jul 2003 12:43:59 -0700, [email protected] (Doug Haxton) wrote:
    >
    >.Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:<[email protected]>... .> .>Small animals that I have seen killed or
    >injured by bicycles are snake and .> .>chipmunks. .> . .> .To which one might quite rightly point
    >out, "So what?" .> .> Same as when mountain bikers get killed mountain biking. . .Your statement
    >equating the death of a mountain biker with that of a .chipmunk is duly noted.
    >
    >It's called "compensation": mountain bikers don't care about the death of wildlife, so ....

    Let's get this clear: do *you* put the death of a mountain biker on the same level of tragedy as the
    death of a chipmunk?

    BTW, I'm not a mountain biker (or a biker of any kind), and I couldn't care less if a snake
    gets run over.

    Doug

  6. On 13 Jul 2003 12:30:07 +0950, Rice <[email protected]> wrote:

    .Mike Vandeman wrote:
    . > On 12 Jul 2003 12:43:59 -0700, [email protected] (Doug Haxton) wrote:
    . > .Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in message
    . > news:<[email protected]>... .> .>Small animals
    . > that I have seen killed or injured by bicycles are snake and .>
    . > .>chipmunks. .> . .> .To which one might quite rightly point out, "So
    . > what?" .> .> Same as when mountain bikers get killed mountain biking. .
    . > .Your statement equating the death of a mountain biker with that of a
    . > .chipmunk is duly noted.
    . > It's called "compensation": mountain bikers don't care about the death
    . > of wildlife, so ....
    . > ===
    . > I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans
    . > ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting
    . > auto dependence and road construction.)
    . > http://home.pacbell.net/mjvandehttp://home.pacbell.net/mjvande . . . . .If you find us so
    insane and savage, what is the point of writing about .your critisims on a mtb messageboard?

    Where else? This is where mountain biking is to be discussed. Too bad mountain bikers don't have the
    guts to tell the TRUTH about their selfish, destructive sport.

    Do you think it makes a difference .if you wrote this or not, are you hoping to convert every
    mountainbiker .who read your stuff. I agree with you on one point; no bikers on hiker's .trails but
    I think that must be just about it. . .Go bug another forum!

    What are you afraid of?????????????????
    ===

    http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

  7. On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 20:46:44 -0600, Doug Haxton <[email protected]> wrote:

    .On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 01:28:32 GMT, Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> .wrote: . .>On 12 Jul 2003
    12:43:59 -0700, [email protected] (Doug Haxton) wrote: .> .>.Mike Vandeman <[email protected]>
    wrote in message news:<[email protected]>... .>.> .>Small animals that I
    have seen killed or injured by bicycles are snake and .>.> .>chipmunks. .>.> . .>.> .To which one
    might quite rightly point out, "So what?" .>.> .>.> Same as when mountain bikers get killed mountain
    biking. .>. .>.Your statement equating the death of a mountain biker with that of a .>.chipmunk is
    duly noted. .> .>It's called "compensation": mountain bikers don't care about the death of
    .>wildlife, so .... . .Let's get this clear: do *you* put the death of a mountain biker on .the same
    level of tragedy as the death of a chipmunk?

    No, of course not! Chipmunks are MUCH more valuable to the Earth than mountain bikers. Mountain
    bikers are FAR more destructive than a chipmunk could ever be! And chipmunks are far cuter than
    mountain bikers. In fact, I can't think of anything good about mountain bikers, except that they
    sometimes self-destruct.

    .BTW, I'm not a mountain biker (or a biker of any kind), and I couldn't .care less if a snake
    gets run over.

    Remember ... compensation....

    .Doug

    ===

    http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

  8. Tlacatecatl

    Tlacatecatl Guest

    Stop Feeding the Troll!

  9. Mike,

    Where did you find this old post to regurgitate? This is months old, not weeks, but months. And, you
    are just as wrong today as you were then.

  10. Gary S .

    Gary S . Guest

    On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 18:51:36 -0700, Tlacatecatl <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Stop Feeding the Troll!

    This troll is equipped with an information diode, so no information can possibly flow towards him.

    He is impervious to new ideas, and believes himself to be the source of all knowledge and truth.

    On the plus side, I think he exemplifies about 50% of the chapters in the DSM IV.

    Happy trails, Gary (net.yogi.bear)

    Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA Please reply to: garyDOTschwartzATpoboxDOTcom

  11. Peter H

    Peter H Guest

    Gary S. wrote:

    > the chapters in the DSM IV.

    ??

    Pete H

    --
    The universe is largely unexplored. NPR News item

  12. Gary S .

    Gary S . Guest

    On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 05:23:11 -0400, Peter H <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Gary S. wrote:
    >
    >> the chapters in the DSM IV.
    >>
    >Pete H

    Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders - Fourth Edition (DSM-IV), published by the
    American Psychiatric Association, Washington D.C., 1994, the main diagnostic reference of Mental
    Health professionals in the United States of America.

    Happy trails, Gary (net.yogi.bear)

    Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA Please reply to: garyDOTschwartzATpoboxDOTcom

  13. Andy Chequer

    Andy Chequer Guest

    "Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Mike,
    >
    > Where did you find this old post to regurgitate? This is months old, not weeks, but months. And,
    > you are just as wrong today as you were then.

    He doesn't need to write material, does he? After all, you're still arguing with him, aren't
    you, moron?

    Andy Chequer