Mountain Biker Tries to Claim that Hikers Do More Damage

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 06:07:47 GMT, "Dashi Toshii" <[email protected]> wrote:

. ."Peter H" <[email protected]> wrote in message .news:[email protected]... .> Dashi Toshii
wrote: .> .> >"Peter H" <[email protected]> wrote in message .> >news:[email protected]... .>
> .> > .> >>Given that my sense of humor is wryer than thine..... .> >> .> >> .> > .> >Oh, from the
UK are you... .> > .> >Dashii .> > .> > .> > .> > .> No. . .Glad to hear that. I like the British
humor and you seem like a jerk.

"Seem"?!

.*PLONK . .Dashii .

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> .>Small animals that I have seen killed or injured by bicycles are snake and .>chipmunks. . .To
> which one might quite rightly point out, "So what?"
>
> Same as when mountain bikers get killed mountain biking.

Your statement equating the death of a mountain biker with that of a chipmunk is duly noted.

C'mon, fess up...this is all an act, isn't it?

Doug

On 12 Jul 2003 12:43:59 -0700, [email protected] (Doug Haxton) wrote:

.Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>... .> .>Small animals that I have seen killed or
injured by bicycles are snake and .> .>chipmunks. .> . .> .To which one might quite rightly point
out, "So what?" .> .> Same as when mountain bikers get killed mountain biking. . .Your statement
equating the death of a mountain biker with that of a .chipmunk is duly noted.

It's called "compensation": mountain bikers don't care about the death of wildlife, so ....
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Originally posted by Mike Vandeman
On 12 Jul 2003 12:43:59 -0700, [email protected] (Doug Haxton) wrote:

.Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>... .> .>Small animals that I have seen killed or
injured by bicycles are snake and .> .>chipmunks. .> . .> .To which one might quite rightly point
out, "So what?" .> .> Same as when mountain bikers get killed mountain biking. . .Your statement
equating the death of a mountain biker with that of a .chipmunk is duly noted.

It's called "compensation": mountain bikers don't care about the death of wildlife, so ....
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

If you find us so insane and savage, what is the point of writing about your critisims on a mtb messageboard? Do you think it makes a difference if you wrote this or not, are you hoping to convert every mountainbiker who read your stuff. I agree with you on one point; no bikers on hiker's trails but I think that must be just about it.

Go bug another forum!

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 01:28:32 GMT, Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote:

>On 12 Jul 2003 12:43:59 -0700, [email protected] (Doug Haxton) wrote:
>
>.Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:<[email protected]>... .> .>Small animals that I have seen killed or
>injured by bicycles are snake and .> .>chipmunks. .> . .> .To which one might quite rightly point
>out, "So what?" .> .> Same as when mountain bikers get killed mountain biking. . .Your statement
>equating the death of a mountain biker with that of a .chipmunk is duly noted.
>
>It's called "compensation": mountain bikers don't care about the death of wildlife, so ....

Let's get this clear: do *you* put the death of a mountain biker on the same level of tragedy as the
death of a chipmunk?

BTW, I'm not a mountain biker (or a biker of any kind), and I couldn't care less if a snake
gets run over.

Doug

On 13 Jul 2003 12:30:07 +0950, Rice <[email protected]> wrote:

.Mike Vandeman wrote:
. > On 12 Jul 2003 12:43:59 -0700, [email protected] (Doug Haxton) wrote:
. > .Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in message
. > news:<[email protected]>... .> .>Small animals
. > that I have seen killed or injured by bicycles are snake and .>
. > .>chipmunks. .> . .> .To which one might quite rightly point out, "So
. > what?" .> .> Same as when mountain bikers get killed mountain biking. .
. > .Your statement equating the death of a mountain biker with that of a
. > .chipmunk is duly noted.
. > It's called "compensation": mountain bikers don't care about the death
. > of wildlife, so ....
. > ===
. > I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans
. > ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting
. > auto dependence and road construction.)
. > http://home.pacbell.net/mjvandehttp://home.pacbell.net/mjvande . . . . .If you find us so
insane and savage, what is the point of writing about .your critisims on a mtb messageboard?

Where else? This is where mountain biking is to be discussed. Too bad mountain bikers don't have the
guts to tell the TRUTH about their selfish, destructive sport.

Do you think it makes a difference .if you wrote this or not, are you hoping to convert every
mountainbiker .who read your stuff. I agree with you on one point; no bikers on hiker's .trails but
I think that must be just about it. . .Go bug another forum!

What are you afraid of?????????????????
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 20:46:44 -0600, Doug Haxton <[email protected]> wrote:

.On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 01:28:32 GMT, Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> .wrote: . .>On 12 Jul 2003
12:43:59 -0700, [email protected] (Doug Haxton) wrote: .> .>.Mike Vandeman <[email protected]>
wrote in message news:<[email protected]>... .>.> .>Small animals that I
have seen killed or injured by bicycles are snake and .>.> .>chipmunks. .>.> . .>.> .To which one
might quite rightly point out, "So what?" .>.> .>.> Same as when mountain bikers get killed mountain
biking. .>. .>.Your statement equating the death of a mountain biker with that of a .>.chipmunk is
duly noted. .> .>It's called "compensation": mountain bikers don't care about the death of
.>wildlife, so .... . .Let's get this clear: do *you* put the death of a mountain biker on .the same
level of tragedy as the death of a chipmunk?

No, of course not! Chipmunks are MUCH more valuable to the Earth than mountain bikers. Mountain
bikers are FAR more destructive than a chipmunk could ever be! And chipmunks are far cuter than
mountain bikers. In fact, I can't think of anything good about mountain bikers, except that they
sometimes self-destruct.

.BTW, I'm not a mountain biker (or a biker of any kind), and I couldn't .care less if a snake
gets run over.

Remember ... compensation....

.Doug

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Mike,

Where did you find this old post to regurgitate? This is months old, not weeks, but months. And, you
are just as wrong today as you were then.

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 18:51:36 -0700, Tlacatecatl <[email protected]> wrote:

>Stop Feeding the Troll!

This troll is equipped with an information diode, so no information can possibly flow towards him.

He is impervious to new ideas, and believes himself to be the source of all knowledge and truth.

On the plus side, I think he exemplifies about 50% of the chapters in the DSM IV.

Happy trails, Gary (net.yogi.bear)

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA Please reply to: garyDOTschwartzATpoboxDOTcom

Gary S. wrote:

> the chapters in the DSM IV.

??

Pete H

--
The universe is largely unexplored. NPR News item

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 05:23:11 -0400, Peter H <[email protected]> wrote:

>Gary S. wrote:
>
>> the chapters in the DSM IV.
>>
>Pete H

Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders - Fourth Edition (DSM-IV), published by the
American Psychiatric Association, Washington D.C., 1994, the main diagnostic reference of Mental
Health professionals in the United States of America.

"Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Mike,
>
> Where did you find this old post to regurgitate? This is months old, not weeks, but months. And,
> you are just as wrong today as you were then.

He doesn't need to write material, does he? After all, you're still arguing with him, aren't
you, moron?

Andy Chequer