Mountain Bikers Are Destroying Colorado!

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Mike Vandeman, Jun 27, 2004.

1. BikeBikeBikeBike

BikeBikeBikeBike Well-Known Member

So wait, geological formations that provide no use are more important that sweet single tracks that provide huge amounts of entertainment? What advantage is ancient sandstone formations providing us anyways? I fail to see the logic in your post good sir. What exactly do you see is being lost?

2. Weatherby

Weatherby Well-Known Member

In the 11 years since the OP was first made, is it safe to presume the limestone is completely gone?

I have an off roading expedition this summer to Colorado and it would a bummer if the limestone formations were all gone.

3. Jcycle

Jcycle Active Member

Somebody forgot their tin foil hat I guess. Maybe it would protect from all that whooping and hollering. Good grief.

4. Jcycle

Jcycle Active Member

I should mention that I have lived in Colorado. There are much bigger environmental threats to Colorado than some noisy folks on bikes.

5. Corzhens

Corzhens Well-Known Member

This thread reminds me of Marikina City here in the Philippines where they have a bike lane. Although this comment is not related to the topic, I would just like to let you know that bikers are respected in some parts of our country. However, it seems like only in a few cities and towns but the rest of the country have no concern whatsoever for bikers.

6. pinkride

pinkride New Member

That is really a shame, since bikers and nature are not and must not be enemies. In order for that to happen we have to follow some simple rules and use common sense, which some times we don't.

7. Corzhens

Corzhens Well-Known Member

Isn't there a regulation in using that Colorado park? I am a mountain biker myself but I wouldn't dare tread on grasses that looked worn and soil with visible erosion. Those are indications of overuse. And why do those bikers continue doing that? Couldn't they see the damage they are causing to the area? Well, sorry for the many questions, I just wanted to relieve myself of the tension.

8. Scotty_Dog

Scotty_Dog New Member

This thread was started 11 years ago by a psychotic mountain biker hater. Please stop posting to this thread and simply let it fade away.