Mountain Bikers Don't Like Sharing, After All!

Edward Dolan wrote:
> "S Curtiss" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >
> > "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> >> Try to get real, why don't you? Those of us who are superior to the
> >> common run of humanity KNOW it and there is no reason why we should not
> >> claim what is rightly ours. All three of us, Vandemann, Curtiss and I,
> >> are clearly superior to the everyday slobs that we see all about us. Who
> >> cares if others, who are far stupider than we are, recognize us or not.
> >> Nay, I shall continue on my path of self-proclaimed Greatness until the
> >> Grim Reaper says otherwise.
> >>

> > Please do not include me as being "superior". If you want to dance about
> > proclaiming "I am great - I am better than you" then have at it. I would
> > much rather be in the larger group simply looking away and shaking our
> > heads while wondering if your parents dropped you on your head as a child.

> You obviously are not familiar with the membership of ARBR. You are superior
> to them, but of course you are infinitely inferior to Ed Dolan the Great. I
> thought that was understood without ME having to point it out to you.
>
> I regard you as nothing but a biker slob.You have the morality of a cretin
> with your despicable mountain biking agenda. May you rot in Hell forever for
> desecrating my sacred footpaths with your freaking bike. I am going to
> advise the Devil to single you out for special torments.

Ed, you assert that you are a saint and even are so bold as to claim
that you have almost ascended to the stature of a god and yet now imply
that you are in league with the devil. The conundrum continues. Oh
you with the split personality. Take your meds and confine yourself to
your rubber room for the duration of this debate.

Curtis, you are wasting your time with Mr. D. and Mr V. When it comes
to the rules of engagement, neither plays fairly in the debating arena.
Many of their arguments are replete with logical fallacies. They are
both stubborn and inflexible. Both are purveyors of disinformation.
They are enamored of cyclical rhetoric which is employed to advocate
their own personal agenda. Unsubstantiated opinions are offered as
though fact. When cornered, their only response is no response or
intorduction of an irrelevant diversion. You can't win arguing with
these sorts. As far as Ed Dolan is concerned, his multitude of
repetitious screeds (read Gospels according to St. Edward) stands in
testimony that he missed his calling as a preacher. Then again much
the same can be said of Vanderman. It is obvious to me that all of you
are bright people, though one, by hi own admission, considers himself
vastly superior to all (HEADward GRATE). At this juncture you should
all realize that you will never agree with one another or convince one
another so eventually you will just have to agree to disagree. I know
there will be no satisfaction to be had from that, but this is the
inevitable outcome when an impasse has been reached and what we have
here is a stalemate. - Jim McNamara

> "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...

>>> Please do not include me as being "superior". If you want to dance about
>>> proclaiming "I am great - I am better than you" then have at it. I would
>>> much rather be in the larger group simply looking away and shaking our
>>> heads while wondering if your parents dropped you on your head as a
>>> child.

>> You obviously are not familiar with the membership of ARBR. You are
>> superior to them, but of course you are infinitely inferior to Ed Dolan
>> the Great. I thought that was understood without ME having to point it
>> out to you.
>>
>> I regard you as nothing but a biker slob.You have the morality of a
>> cretin with your despicable mountain biking agenda. May you rot in Hell
>> forever for desecrating my sacred footpaths with your freaking bike. I am
>> going to advise the Devil to single you out for special torments.

> You pointing out your claim of superiority carries as much authority as me
> stating my dog is the King of Minnesota.

Well, you did not like it much when I put you on a par with Vandeman and me,
now you are complaining when I put you with the cretins of ARBR. You are
certainly hard to please.

> I regard you as nothing. Simply nothing. You are merely words that appear
> on my computer offering me an exercise in typing skills.

You have the advantage of me there as I cannot type worth a damn. I spend a
few minutes getting my thoughts down and then I spend 4 times that amount of
time correcting all the typos.

> May I rot in Hell...? Doubtful... Since you have already proclaimed
> yourself an "atheist" I also doubt you will be "advising the Devil" of
> anything except your desire to have a glass of ice water. By all means,
> let us know how that works out for ya.

Yes, I may be an atheist but chances are you are not. Therefore, I can
threaten you with the loss of your immortal soul since I have no doubt that
you think you have one. Why not practice some of your Christian theology and
work to conserve and preserve nature, instead of working for its' ruination
by advocating that mountain bikes be permitted on my sacred footpaths.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

"JimmyMac" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Edward Dolan wrote:
>> "S Curtiss" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> >
>> > "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> > news:[email protected]...

>> > Please do not include me as being "superior". If you want to dance
>> > about
>> > proclaiming "I am great - I am better than you" then have at it. I
>> > would
>> > much rather be in the larger group simply looking away and shaking our
>> > heads while wondering if your parents dropped you on your head as a
>> > child.

>> You obviously are not familiar with the membership of ARBR. You are
>> superior
>> to them, but of course you are infinitely inferior to Ed Dolan the Great.
>> thought that was understood without ME having to point it out to you.
>>
>> I regard you as nothing but a biker slob.You have the morality of a
>> cretin
>> with your despicable mountain biking agenda. May you rot in Hell forever
>> for
>> desecrating my sacred footpaths with your freaking bike. I am going to
>> advise the Devil to single you out for special torments.

> Ed, you assert that you are a saint and even are so bold as to claim
> that you have almost ascended to the stature of a god and yet now imply
> that you are in league with the devil. The conundrum continues. Oh
> you with the split personality. Take your meds and confine yourself to
> your rubber room for the duration of this debate.

Gods and Devils are conversant with one another. I thought everyone knew
this.

> Curtis, you are wasting your time with Mr. D. and Mr V. When it comes
> to the rules of engagement, neither plays fairly in the debating arena.
> Many of their arguments are replete with logical fallacies. They are
> both stubborn and inflexible. Both are purveyors of disinformation.
> They are enamored of cyclical rhetoric which is employed to advocate
> their own personal agenda. Unsubstantiated opinions are offered as
> though fact. When cornered, their only response is no response or
> intorduction of an irrelevant diversion. You can't win arguing with
> these sorts.

Vandeman is much more concise in his arguments than I am. I do tend to
wander about a bit as I do not like to get too concentrated on any one
thing. I am essentially a dilettante at heart and while I recognized the
necessity for professionals, I have never wanted to be one. I glory in my
amateurishness.

It is also my belief that newsgroups are not a suitable forum for getting
anyone to ever change their opinions about anything. Instead, I see Usenet
forums as good for nothing but fun and games. That is my only agenda, to
have some fun. JimmyMac does not play the game of Usenet as well as I do.
That is his only objection. I will sometimes let him have the last word
since he so clearly desires it, but I make damn sure he never gets the best
word.

As far as Ed Dolan is concerned, his multitude of
> repetitious screeds (read Gospels according to St. Edward) stands in
> testimony that he missed his calling as a preacher. Then again much
> the same can be said of Vanderman. It is obvious to me that all of you
> are bright people, though one, by hi own admission, considers himself
> vastly superior to all (HEADward GRATE). At this juncture you should
> all realize that you will never agree with one another or convince one
> another so eventually you will just have to agree to disagree. I know
> there will be no satisfaction to be had from that, but this is the
> inevitable outcome when an impasse has been reached and what we have
> here is a stalemate. - Jim McNamara

I have already moved on. No one can ever accuse Ed Dolan the Great of being
a one note Johnny. The best way of ending a thread is by resorting to name
calling, after which it is realized by one and all that the thread is over
and done with. Besides, it is well known that those of us here on these
bicycle newsgroups have very short attention spans.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "S Curtiss" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>
>> "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>>> You obviously are not familiar with the membership of ARBR. You are
>>> superior to them, but of course you are infinitely inferior to Ed Dolan
>>> the Great. I thought that was understood without ME having to point it
>>> out to you.
>>>
>>> I regard you as nothing but a biker slob.You have the morality of a
>>> cretin with your despicable mountain biking agenda. May you rot in Hell
>>> forever for desecrating my sacred footpaths with your freaking bike. I
>>> am going to advise the Devil to single you out for special torments.

>> You pointing out your claim of superiority carries as much authority as
>> me stating my dog is the King of Minnesota.

> Well, you did not like it much when I put you on a par with Vandeman and
> me, now you are complaining when I put you with the cretins of ARBR. You
> are certainly hard to please.
>
>> I regard you as nothing. Simply nothing. You are merely words that appear
>> on my computer offering me an exercise in typing skills.

> You have the advantage of me there as I cannot type worth a damn. I spend
> a few minutes getting my thoughts down and then I spend 4 times that
> amount of time correcting all the typos.
>
>> May I rot in Hell...? Doubtful... Since you have already proclaimed
>> yourself an "atheist" I also doubt you will be "advising the Devil" of
>> anything except your desire to have a glass of ice water. By all means,
>> let us know how that works out for ya.

> Yes, I may be an atheist but chances are you are not. Therefore, I can
> threaten you with the loss of your immortal soul since I have no doubt
> that you think you have one. Why not practice some of your Christian
> theology and work to conserve and preserve nature, instead of working for
> its' ruination by advocating that mountain bikes be permitted on my sacred
> footpaths.

"Your" sacred footpaths...? Apparently, my dog IS the King of Minnesota.

On Thu, 11 May 2006 13:58:16 -0400, "S Curtiss" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>"Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...

>>>Name one, not many, just one!

>> All the people (scientists) who have seen my lecture on the subject.
>> Not one could find any fault with it, making me the world expert on
>> the subject.

>You mean the like-minded individuals that attended the same conferences as
>you?

No, world-renowned scientists in such fields as conservation biology.

The people that managed to sit still for 15 minutes while you read
from
>a typed script that you presented as an answer to a "call for papers"? The
>people that really attended because of the agenda of the conference and the
>known authority of the keynote speakers (of which you have NEVER been
>listed) ? You mean the people that sat in the room of the posters and
>presenters with 5-10 minutes between each presentation? You mean these
>conferences with "secret" reviews and unpublished findings and
>recommendations with the only follow up being who gets an award for being
>the best at making everyone feel good about themselves?
>I've looked up the conferences you reference on your site. I've looked for
>your name referenced by ANYONE else attending these things. And there is
>NOTHING.
>Your claim has about as much validity as water on the surface of the moon.

"Sour grapes" ring a bell?
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On 11 May 2006 18:03:54 -0700, "JimmyMac" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Edward Dolan wrote:
>> "S Curtiss" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> >
>> > "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> > news:[email protected]...

>> > Please do not include me as being "superior". If you want to dance about
>> > proclaiming "I am great - I am better than you" then have at it. I would
>> > much rather be in the larger group simply looking away and shaking our
>> > heads while wondering if your parents dropped you on your head as a child.

>> You obviously are not familiar with the membership of ARBR. You are superior
>> to them, but of course you are infinitely inferior to Ed Dolan the Great. I
>> thought that was understood without ME having to point it out to you.
>>
>> I regard you as nothing but a biker slob.You have the morality of a cretin
>> with your despicable mountain biking agenda. May you rot in Hell forever for
>> desecrating my sacred footpaths with your freaking bike. I am going to
>> advise the Devil to single you out for special torments.

>Ed, you assert that you are a saint and even are so bold as to claim
>that you have almost ascended to the stature of a god and yet now imply
>that you are in league with the devil. The conundrum continues. Oh
>you with the split personality. Take your meds and confine yourself to
>your rubber room for the duration of this debate.
>
>Curtis, you are wasting your time with Mr. D. and Mr V. When it comes
>to the rules of engagement, neither plays fairly in the debating arena.
> Many of their arguments are replete with logical fallacies. They are
>both stubborn and inflexible. Both are purveyors of disinformation.
>They are enamored of cyclical rhetoric which is employed to advocate
>their own personal agenda. Unsubstantiated opinions are offered as
>though fact. When cornered, their only response is no response or
>intorduction of an irrelevant diversion. You can't win arguing with
>these sorts. As far as Ed Dolan is concerned, his multitude of
>repetitious screeds (read Gospels according to St. Edward) stands in
>testimony that he missed his calling as a preacher. Then again much
>the same can be said of Vanderman. It is obvious to me that all of you
>are bright people, though one, by hi own admission, considers himself
>vastly superior to all (HEADward GRATE). At this juncture you should
>all realize that you will never agree with one another or convince one
>another so eventually you will just have to agree to disagree. I know
>there will be no satisfaction to be had from that, but this is the
>inevitable outcome when an impasse has been reached and what we have
>here is a stalemate. - Jim McNamara

Try to stick to the topic of the newsgroup: mountain biking. DUH!

>> Regards,
>>
>> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
>> aka
>> Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

>>> All the people (scientists) who have seen my lecture on the subject.
>>> Not one could find any fault with it, making me the world expert on
>>> the subject.

>>You mean the like-minded individuals that attended the same conferences as
>>you?

> No, world-renowned scientists in such fields as conservation biology.

??? You're lack of substance here speaks volumes. World-renowned scientists
in such fields as cat litter clumping recognize me as the world expert on
how full of s**t you are. Names...? References...? Dates...? Quotes...?
Independant verification...?
Without it... Your statement is just as true as mine.

> The people that managed to sit still for 15 minutes while you read
> from
>>a typed script that you presented as an answer to a "call for papers"? The
>>people that really attended because of the agenda of the conference and
>>the
>>known authority of the keynote speakers (of which you have NEVER been
>>listed) ? You mean the people that sat in the room of the posters and
>>presenters with 5-10 minutes between each presentation? You mean these
>>conferences with "secret" reviews and unpublished findings and
>>recommendations with the only follow up being who gets an award for being
>>the best at making everyone feel good about themselves?
>>I've looked up the conferences you reference on your site. I've looked for
>>your name referenced by ANYONE else attending these things. And there is
>>NOTHING.
>>Your claim has about as much validity as water on the surface of the moon.

> "Sour grapes" ring a bell?

You are the one making unsubstantiated claims. My grapes are quite sweet and
seedless and damn tasty.