Mountain Bikers Don't Like to Share Trails, After All!

Mike Vandeman

Guest
It was only a matter of time, but has happened sooner than I thought
it would. We now have evidence of dirtbikers of the motorized kind
taking to the hiking and mountain biking trails in North Vanouver's
forests. See this link:
http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=83150 I thought that I heard
motors up in our forests, recently, but assumed it was the "DNV
sanctioned chainsaws for mountain bike trail building".

So Pandora's box is opening up with all sorts of nasty surprises to
come our way, thanks to the opening up of our forests and natural
parkland to the wheeled variety of recreation without proper
management.
Meanwhile, the mountain bikers do not like it one bit. I guess it is
my time to step back and let the mountain bikers do battle with the
dirt bikers until our District municipality gets sick of it all and
throws
the whole lot out! That will be the day (when pig's fly?). I also
warned our municpality this would be the result of their leniency, a
couple years ago. Yes, we do get the forests we deserve. Sadly.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Oh, shut up. Tom

Mike Vandeman wrote:
> It was only a matter of time, but has happened sooner than I thought
> it would. We now have evidence of dirtbikers of the motorized kind
> taking to the hiking and mountain biking trails in North Vanouver's
> forests. See this link:
> http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=83150 I thought that I heard
> motors up in our forests, recently, but assumed it was the "DNV
> sanctioned chainsaws for mountain bike trail building".

Mike, you'll be happy to know
I got myself some nice
lug-soled hiking boots and
squashed the **** out of some
plants that were popping up in
the middle of MY hiking trail
this weekend. It was too bad
that the trail was so
technical in places that I was
completely unable to enjoy
nature at all. Imagine, having
to STOP to look around!

I am also happy to report that
I killed several ants,
mosquitos, and a few fish in
my travels. How inconsiderate
of me. Clearly hiking and
camping must be stopped!

cc

On 15 Aug 2006 22:22:37 -0700, "tom" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Oh, shut up. Tom

The truth hurts, huh?

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 01:28:27 -0700, cc <[email protected]> wrote:

>Mike Vandeman wrote:
>> It was only a matter of time, but has happened sooner than I thought
>> it would. We now have evidence of dirtbikers of the motorized kind
>> taking to the hiking and mountain biking trails in North Vanouver's
>> forests. See this link:
>> http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=83150 I thought that I heard
>> motors up in our forests, recently, but assumed it was the "DNV
>> sanctioned chainsaws for mountain bike trail building".
>>

>Mike, you'll be happy to know
>I got myself some nice
>lug-soled hiking boots and
>squashed the **** out of some
>plants that were popping up in
>the middle of MY hiking trail
>this weekend. It was too bad
>that the trail was so
>technical in places that I was
>completely unable to enjoy
>nature at all. Imagine, having
>to STOP to look around!
>
>I am also happy to report that
>I killed several ants,
>mosquitos, and a few fish in
>my travels.

Liar.

How inconsiderate
>of me. Clearly hiking and
>camping must be stopped!

I don't support either, of course. But YOU do.

>cc

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 01:28:27 -0700, cc <[email protected]> wrote:

>Mike Vandeman wrote:
>> It was only a matter of time, but has happened sooner than I thought
>> it would. We now have evidence of dirtbikers of the motorized kind
>> taking to the hiking and mountain biking trails in North Vanouver's
>> forests. See this link:
>> http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=83150 I thought that I heard
>> motors up in our forests, recently, but assumed it was the "DNV
>> sanctioned chainsaws for mountain bike trail building".
>>

>Mike, you'll be happy to know
>I got myself some nice
>lug-soled hiking boots

Only a fool would use such boots.

and
>squashed the **** out of some
>plants that were popping up in
>the middle of MY hiking trail
>this weekend. It was too bad
>that the trail was so
>technical in places that I was
>completely unable to enjoy
>nature at all. Imagine, having
>to STOP to look around!
>
>I am also happy to report that
>I killed several ants,
>mosquitos, and a few fish in
>my travels. How inconsiderate
>of me. Clearly hiking and
>camping must be stopped!
>
>cc

===

Mike Vandeman wrote:
> On 15 Aug 2006 22:22:37 -0700, "tom" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>Oh, shut up. Tom

> The truth hurts, huh?

We'll let you know when you actually post something truthful.

Mike Vandeman wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 01:28:27 -0700, cc <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>Mike Vandeman wrote:
>>
>>>It was only a matter of time, but has happened sooner than I thought
>>>it would. We now have evidence of dirtbikers of the motorized kind
>>>taking to the hiking and mountain biking trails in North Vanouver's
>>>forests. See this link:
>>>http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=83150 I thought that I heard
>>>motors up in our forests, recently, but assumed it was the "DNV
>>>sanctioned chainsaws for mountain bike trail building".
>>>

>>Mike, you'll be happy to know
>>I got myself some nice
>>lug-soled hiking boots and
>>squashed the **** out of some
>>plants that were popping up in
>>the middle of MY hiking trail
>>this weekend. It was too bad
>>that the trail was so
>>technical in places that I was
>>completely unable to enjoy
>>nature at all. Imagine, having
>>to STOP to look around!
>>
>>I am also happy to report that
>>I killed several ants,
>>mosquitos, and a few fish in
>>my travels.

> Liar.

??

> How inconsiderate
>
>>of me. Clearly hiking and
>>camping must be stopped!

> I don't support either, of course. But YOU do.

you don't support hiking, but
you do it anyway? that makes
sense . . . but we already
knew you were a hypocrite.

Mike Vandeman wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 01:28:27 -0700, cc <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>Mike Vandeman wrote:
>>
>>>It was only a matter of time, but has happened sooner than I thought
>>>it would. We now have evidence of dirtbikers of the motorized kind
>>>taking to the hiking and mountain biking trails in North Vanouver's
>>>forests. See this link:
>>>http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=83150 I thought that I heard
>>>motors up in our forests, recently, but assumed it was the "DNV
>>>sanctioned chainsaws for mountain bike trail building".
>>>

>>Mike, you'll be happy to know
>>I got myself some nice
>>lug-soled hiking boots

> Only a fool would use such boots.

Just kidding. I wear these:

http://tinyurl.co.uk/a4c4

> Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you are fond of!

HAHHAAAA . . Mike, do you
wear one of these too?

http://zapatopi.net/afdb/

Awww.... Still not grasping reality...?
The US Forest Service rulings designate hiking and off-road cycling
together. ATVs, 4X4s and motorcycles fall into a seperate management
category.
Since hiking and cycling are crassified together, then it is within the
designation of cooperation for cyclists and hikers to band together in
cooperation to make sure the rules concerning motorized use be adhered to.
Since you continue to apply the same tactics terrorists use to divide
opinion and avoid actual scrutiny, you fail to grasp your own loss in the
larger scope of cooperation, access and shared use.

> On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 01:28:27 -0700, cc <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>Mike, you'll be happy to know
>>I got myself some nice
>>lug-soled hiking boots

> Only a fool would use such boots.

So every other hiker that is concerned about walking safely on uneven ground
is a fool...?
You go ahead and "hike" in your loafers... The rest of the world will
utilize the available tools to maintain their own safety and enjoyment while
gaining a further appreciation for the outdoors.

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 09:13:44 -0700, cc <[email protected]> wrote:

>Mike Vandeman wrote:

>>>Mike, you'll be happy to know
>>>I got myself some nice
>>>lug-soled hiking boots and
>>>squashed the **** out of some
>>>plants that were popping up in
>>>the middle of MY hiking trail
>>>this weekend. It was too bad
>>>that the trail was so
>>>technical in places that I was
>>>completely unable to enjoy
>>>nature at all. Imagine, having
>>>to STOP to look around!
>>>
>>>I am also happy to report that
>>>I killed several ants,
>>>mosquitos, and a few fish in
>>>my travels.

>> Liar.
>>

>??
>
>> How inconsiderate
>>
>>>of me. Clearly hiking and
>>>camping must be stopped!

>> I don't support either, of course. But YOU do.
>>

>you don't support hiking, but
>you do it anyway? that makes
>sense . . . but we already
>knew you were a hypocrite.

I don't advocate or promote either.

Mountain bikers advocate mountain biking and sharing trails -- until
it gets in their way. What hypocrites!:

"who the f*ck was that asshole on the blue ATV screaming up and down
the access road? real cool gunning the throttle as you past me
climbing and kicking rocks up in my face. plus your exhaust chokes
riders and the noise is stupidly annoying what are the rules on
riding those things up there? i think the dude was also parked at the
upper gate by the two portashitters."
===

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 09:17:17 -0700, cc <[email protected]> wrote:

>Mike Vandeman wrote:

>>>Mike, you'll be happy to know
>>>I got myself some nice
>>>lug-soled hiking boots

>> Only a fool would use such boots.
>>

>Just kidding. I wear these:
>
>http://tinyurl.co.uk/a4c4

Those are lug-soled shoes. They aren't flat.

>> Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you are fond of!

>HAHHAAAA . . Mike, do you
>wear one of these too?
>
>http://zapatopi.net/afdb/

===

Mike Vandeman wrote:
> Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you

are fond of!

Is that what's causing this? You've had a cell phone by your head for
too long? It's starting to make sense now.

Mike Vandeman wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 09:13:44 -0700, cc <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>Mike Vandeman wrote:

>>>Liar.
>>>

>>??
>>

>>> How inconsiderate

>>>I don't support either, of course. But YOU do.
>>>

>>you don't support hiking, but
>>you do it anyway? that makes
>>sense . . . but we already
>>knew you were a hypocrite.

> I don't advocate or promote either.
>
> Mountain bikers advocate mountain biking and sharing trails -- until
> it gets in their way. What hypocrites!:

With any other mode of
human-powered transportation,
yes. That's like saying it's
unreasonable for me to object
to cars on the trails I ride.

"S Curtiss" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> "Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 01:28:27 -0700, cc <[email protected]> wrote:
>>

>>>Mike, you'll be happy to know
>>>I got myself some nice
>>>lug-soled hiking boots

>> Only a fool would use such boots.
>>

> So every other hiker that is concerned about walking safely on uneven
> ground is a fool...?
> You go ahead and "hike" in your loafers... The rest of the world will
> utilize the available tools to maintain their own safety and enjoyment
> while gaining a further appreciation for the outdoors.
>

> "Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 01:28:27 -0700, cc <[email protected]> wrote:
>>

>>>Mike, you'll be happy to know
>>>I got myself some nice
>>>lug-soled hiking boots

>> Only a fool would use such boots.
>>

> So every other hiker that is concerned about walking safely on uneven
> ground is a fool...?
> You go ahead and "hike" in your loafers... The rest of the world will
> utilize the available tools to maintain their own safety and enjoyment
> while gaining a further appreciation for the outdoors.

Mike only hikes barefoot, as he respects the total integrity of nature.
Since studies have shown that clothing emits sounds and smells that upset
wildlife
he prefers to hike in the nude.
Studies are now underway to determine how upsetting it is to wildlife
having to look at Mike Vandeman's naked body. They were initiated
after complaints from other hikers and a whipsnake.

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 21:47:09 +0000, JP wrote:

> "S Curtiss" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>
>> "Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>>> Only a fool would use such boots.
>>>

>> So every other hiker that is concerned about walking safely on uneven
>> ground is a fool...?
>> You go ahead and "hike" in your loafers... The rest of the world will
>> utilize the available tools to maintain their own safety and enjoyment
>> while gaining a further appreciation for the outdoors.
>>

>> "Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>>> Only a fool would use such boots.
>>>

>> So every other hiker that is concerned about walking safely on uneven
>> ground is a fool...?
>> You go ahead and "hike" in your loafers... The rest of the world will
>> utilize the available tools to maintain their own safety and enjoyment
>> while gaining a further appreciation for the outdoors.
>>

> Mike only hikes barefoot, as he respects the total integrity of nature.
> Since studies have shown that clothing emits sounds and smells that upset
> wildlife
> he prefers to hike in the nude.
> Studies are now underway to determine how upsetting it is to wildlife
> having to look at Mike Vandeman's naked body. They were initiated
> after complaints from other hikers and a whipsnake.

I encountered a nude hiker on the Colorado Trail a few years ago. He
claimed to be an ultralighter, and said not bringing clothes shaved a
couple more pounds off his packweight. I tend to think he was just a
nudist dayhiker catching some high-altitude rays, but then again there's
not much an ultralighter won't do to reduce his packweight.

It must have been full-moon that week because a few days later I met a
hiker who was doing the entire CT on a diet of Clif bars and dry dogfood.

arachnid wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 21:47:09 +0000, JP wrote:
>

>>"S Curtiss" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>
>>>"Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>news:[email protected]...

> It must have been full-moon that week because a few days later I met a
> hiker who was doing the entire CT on a diet of Clif bars and dry dogfood.

ROFL . . what brand?

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 09:52:34 -0700, cc <[email protected]> wrote:

>Mike Vandeman wrote:

>>>??

>>>you don't support hiking, but
>>>you do it anyway? that makes
>>>sense . . . but we already
>>>knew you were a hypocrite.

>> I don't advocate or promote either.
>>
>> Mountain bikers advocate mountain biking and sharing trails -- until
>> it gets in their way. What hypocrites!:
>>

>With any other mode of
>human-powered transportation,
>yes.

No, mountain bikers claim hikers "just don't want to share". Neither
do you, hypocrites.

That's like saying it's
>unreasonable for me to object
>to cars on the trails I ride.