Mountain Bikers Don't Like to Share Trails, After All!

Mike Vandeman wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 09:52:34 -0700, cc <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>Mike Vandeman wrote:

>>>I don't advocate or promote either.
>>>
>>>Mountain bikers advocate mountain biking and sharing trails -- until
>>>it gets in their way. What hypocrites!:
>>>

>>With any other mode of
>>human-powered transportation,
>>yes.

> No, mountain bikers claim hikers "just don't want to share". Neither
> do you, hypocrites.

You're not even laughable any
more, mike . .

The US Forest Service rulings designate hiking and off-road cycling
together. ATVs, 4X4s and motorcycles fall into a seperate management
category.
Since hiking and cycling are classified together, then it is within the
designation of cooperation for cyclists and hikers to band together in
cooperation to make sure the rules concerning motorized use be adhered to.
Since you continue to apply the same tactics terrorists use to divide
opinion and avoid actual scrutiny, you fail to grasp your own loss in the
larger scope of cooperation, access and shared use.

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 23:04:49 -0700, cc wrote:

> arachnid wrote:
>> On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 21:47:09 +0000, JP wrote:
>>

>>>"S Curtiss" <[email protected]> wrote in message

>> It must have been full-moon that week because a few days later I met a
>> hiker who was doing the entire CT on a diet of Clif bars and dry
>> dogfood.
>>

> ROFL . . what brand?

I'm sure I asked but I don't own any dogs so the brand names didn't stick.
I do recall his saying it was wise to research the brands because most
contain viscera and ground-up cancerous tumors, among other unpleasant
things.

OTOH, did you see that "SupersizeMe" episode in which Spurlock subsisted
on nothing but hamburgers for a month? He gained 30 pounds,
developed an abnormal liver, and of course his cholesterol levels headed
for the moon.

arachnid wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 23:04:49 -0700, cc wrote:
>

>>arachnid wrote:

>>>It must have been full-moon that week because a few days later I met a
>>>hiker who was doing the entire CT on a diet of Clif bars and dry
>>>dogfood.
>>>

>>ROFL . . what brand?

> I'm sure I asked but I don't own any dogs so the brand names didn't stick.
> I do recall his saying it was wise to research the brands because most
> contain viscera and ground-up cancerous tumors, among other unpleasant
> things.
>
> OTOH, did you see that "SupersizeMe" episode in which Spurlock subsisted
> on nothing but hamburgers for a month? He gained 30 pounds,
> developed an abnormal liver, and of course his cholesterol levels headed
> for the moon.

Yes. Disturbing. I think his
health is still not back to
normal.