Mountain Bikers Don't Like to Stop!

Mike Vandeman wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 23:24:02 -0700, Bill <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Did you not understand the part about them being deer trails on and
>> rarely another human? No weeds on the trial.

> BS. Even more than on frequently used trails. Besides, it is illegal
> to ride off-trail.

Illegal? The deer have pre-trampled all the weeds and usually sleep
during much of the day. The closest I have come was about 100 feet and
we just looked at each other, so big deal. I almost literally ran into a
few dozen of them who decided to graze on the grass at a freeway exit.
About 2 dozen cars were stopped either taking pictures or just
bamboozled that the deer were so brazen, and walking on the freeway at noon.

>> Bill Baka (again)

Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 02:17:24 GMT, Bill <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Olebiker wrote:
>>>
>>> That's your opinion, Mike, not the truth. You are entitled to your
>>> opinion, but the rest of us don't have to accept it as truth when we
>>> know better.
>>>
>>> **** Durbin
>>>

>>Amen, again.
>>He makes it sound like riding in the wilderness is like shooting baby
>>ducks walking behind their mother.

> Not yet, but I HAVE seen animals killed by mountain bikers.

If you have seen anamals killed in the wild, then you are in the wild also.
therefore, by your own logic you are destroying the habitab simply by being
there

On 19 Jun 2007 13:53:05 GMT, Chris <[email protected]> wrote:

>Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in
>news:[email protected]:

>>>Amen, again.
>>>He makes it sound like riding in the wilderness is like shooting baby
>>>ducks walking behind their mother.

>> Not yet, but I HAVE seen animals killed by mountain bikers.
>>

>If you have seen anamals killed in the wild, then you are in the wild also.
>therefore, by your own logic you are destroying the habitab simply by being
>there

BS. I have never killed a snake. Mountain bikers do it all the time.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> On 19 Jun 2007 13:53:05 GMT, Chris <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in
>>news:[email protected]:

>>> Not yet, but I HAVE seen animals killed by mountain bikers.
>>>

>>If you have seen anamals killed in the wild, then you are in the wild
>>also. therefore, by your own logic you are destroying the habitab
>>simply by being there

> BS. I have never killed a snake. Mountain bikers do it all the time.

Simply by you hiking thru the wilderness, you are having a negative
impact on the plants and animals that are trying to exist there.

You scare any animal that may be near you, if it is feeding, you
reduce its intake, maybe causing it to starve the following winter.
Separate a mother from her young, causing the young to be eaten,
etc......

The point is that simply by you being there, you have a negative
impact on the habit that you are so dearly attempting to save.

You need to follow your own advice and stay out of the wilderness and
leave those poor animals alone and allow a 'pure habitat' to exist

On 25 Jun 2007 12:40:25 GMT, Chris <[email protected]> wrote:

>Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in
>news:[email protected]:
>
>> On 19 Jun 2007 13:53:05 GMT, Chris <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in
>>>news:[email protected]:

>>>If you have seen anamals killed in the wild, then you are in the wild
>>>also. therefore, by your own logic you are destroying the habitab
>>>simply by being there

>> BS. I have never killed a snake. Mountain bikers do it all the time.

> Simply by you hiking thru the wilderness, you are having a negative
>impact on the plants and animals that are trying to exist there.
>
> You scare any animal that may be near you, if it is feeding, you
>reduce its intake, maybe causing it to starve the following winter.
>Separate a mother from her young, causing the young to be eaten,
>etc......
>
> The point is that simply by you being there, you have a negative
>impact on the habit that you are so dearly attempting to save.
>
> You need to follow your own advice and stay out of the wilderness and
>leave those poor animals alone and allow a 'pure habitat' to exist

Maybe if YOU practiced any of that, you would be believable, instead
of simply being a HYPOCRITE.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Chris <[email protected]> wrote in news:Xns995A4CBB76A58chrisyahoocom@
66.150.105.47:

> Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>
>> On 19 Jun 2007 13:53:05 GMT, Chris <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in
>>>news:[email protected]:

>>>If you have seen anamals killed in the wild, then you are in the wild
>>>also. therefore, by your own logic you are destroying the habitab
>>>simply by being there

>> BS. I have never killed a snake. Mountain bikers do it all the time.

> Simply by you hiking thru the wilderness, you are having a negative
> impact on the plants and animals that are trying to exist there.
>
> You scare any animal that may be near you, if it is feeding, you
> reduce its intake, maybe causing it to starve the following winter.
> Separate a mother from her young, causing the young to be eaten,
> etc......
>
> The point is that simply by you being there, you have a negative
> impact on the habit that you are so dearly attempting to save.
>
> You need to follow your own advice and stay out of the wilderness

and
> leave those poor animals alone and allow a 'pure habitat' to exist

Mike,
No reply ??
Chris Foster

On Jun 8, 2:46 pm, Olebiker <[email protected]> wrote:
> Mike, every activity has its responsible participants and its jerks.
> Mountain biking is no different. Some guys are jerks who terrorize
> other trail users, ride when the ground is wet, skid through turns,
> and cut illegal trails. On the other hand, there are riders who take
> the time to design and maintain trails that minimize the impact of
> mountain biking on the environment. These are the same guys who
> repair the damage done by the jerks.
>
> If you are ever in Tallahassee, I can show you the effects of both the
> jerks and the responsible riders.

You should never use reason to persuade an opponent from a position
they arrived at using other means.

"Darryl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Jun 8, 2:46 pm, Olebiker <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Mike, every activity has its responsible participants and its jerks.
>> Mountain biking is no different. Some guys are jerks who terrorize
>> other trail users, ride when the ground is wet, skid through turns,
>> and cut illegal trails. On the other hand, there are riders who take
>> the time to design and maintain trails that minimize the impact of
>> mountain biking on the environment. These are the same guys who
>> repair the damage done by the jerks.
>>
>> If you are ever in Tallahassee, I can show you the effects of both the
>> jerks and the responsible riders.

> You should never use reason to persuade an opponent from a position
> they arrived at using other means.

If not reason then what?