From: "agnt9d9" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 02:42:10 -0000
Subject: Wanton Distruction @ Tokul East

Just wanted to let everyone know most of the skinny's (ladders) have
been torn apart at Tokul
East. Rumor has it an equestrian mob is responsible. Can anyone
confirm?

As I am not so familiar with the trail names, I cannot say which
trails exactly, (i am under the
impression it was two fairly new trails), but I was sorely
disappointed today after having to
drag my bike through some of the muddy bogs that were previously
navigable by way of the
most excellent ladder system. Not only are all the ladders unridable,
but who ever did this
just cut them down and left all the debris in the way. Very
irritating. Is this start of the Great
Horse and Bike War of '07? If it is, I'm in. Argh! Horses...

To: "agnt9d9" <[email protected]
From: "Bob Bournique" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 19:55:44 -0700
Subject: Re: Wanton Distruction @ Tokul East

There has been a lot of off list discussion about it for the past
couple days. The general idea at this point is that is was NOT the
horsey folks. So, no user group war should be planned.

The probable perp IMHO was the land manager. Just why and to what
extent they will possibly continue are being explored. Best to let
this drop on the BBTC public list as of now. Members will be notified
when the truth comes out.

Thank you.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Jun 29, 8:35 am, Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote:
> Note that "off list discussion" and "Best to let this drop on the BBTC
> public list" means that they wanted it to be secret.
>
> Mike
>
> From: "agnt9d9" <[email protected]>
> Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 02:42:10 -0000
> Subject: Wanton Distruction @ Tokul East
>
> Just wanted to let everyone know most of the skinny's (ladders) have
> been torn apart at Tokul
> East. Rumor has it an equestrian mob is responsible. Can anyone
> confirm?
>
> As I am not so familiar with the trail names, I cannot say which
> trails exactly, (i am under the
> impression it was two fairly new trails), but I was sorely
> disappointed today after having to
> drag my bike through some of the muddy bogs that were previously
> navigable by way of the
> most excellent ladder system. Not only are all the ladders unridable,
> but who ever did this
> just cut them down and left all the debris in the way. Very
> irritating. Is this start of the Great
> Horse and Bike War of '07? If it is, I'm in. Argh! Horses...
>
> To: "agnt9d9" <[email protected]
> From: "Bob Bournique" <[email protected]>
> Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 19:55:44 -0700
> Subject: Re: Wanton Distruction @ Tokul East
>
> There has been a lot of off list discussion about it for the past
> couple days. The general idea at this point is that is was NOT the
> horsey folks. So, no user group war should be planned.
>
> The probable perp IMHO was the land manager. Just why and to what
> extent they will possibly continue are being explored. Best to let
> this drop on the BBTC public list as of now. Members will be notified
> when the truth comes out.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you are fond of!
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Wrong again...there was nothing illegal about them. The land is held
in private and open to mountain biking.

On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 10:38:11 -0700, SGK <[email protected]> wrote:

>On Jun 29, 8:35 am, Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Note that "off list discussion" and "Best to let this drop on the BBTC
>> public list" means that they wanted it to be secret.
>>
>> Mike
>>
>> From: "agnt9d9" <[email protected]>
>> Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 02:42:10 -0000
>> Subject: Wanton Distruction @ Tokul East
>>
>> Just wanted to let everyone know most of the skinny's (ladders) have
>> been torn apart at Tokul
>> East. Rumor has it an equestrian mob is responsible. Can anyone
>> confirm?
>>
>> As I am not so familiar with the trail names, I cannot say which
>> trails exactly, (i am under the
>> impression it was two fairly new trails), but I was sorely
>> disappointed today after having to
>> drag my bike through some of the muddy bogs that were previously
>> navigable by way of the
>> most excellent ladder system. Not only are all the ladders unridable,
>> but who ever did this
>> just cut them down and left all the debris in the way. Very
>> irritating. Is this start of the Great
>> Horse and Bike War of '07? If it is, I'm in. Argh! Horses...
>>
>> To: "agnt9d9" <[email protected]
>> From: "Bob Bournique" <[email protected]>
>> Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 19:55:44 -0700
>> Subject: Re: Wanton Distruction @ Tokul East
>>
>> There has been a lot of off list discussion about it for the past
>> couple days. The general idea at this point is that is was NOT the
>> horsey folks. So, no user group war should be planned.
>>
>> The probable perp IMHO was the land manager. Just why and to what
>> extent they will possibly continue are being explored. Best to let
>> this drop on the BBTC public list as of now. Members will be notified
>> when the truth comes out.
>>
>> Thank you.
>> --
>> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to
>> humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8
>> years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
>>
>> Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you are fond of!
>>
>> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

>Wrong again...there was nothing illegal about them. The land is held
>in private and open to mountain biking.

Sure. And that's why they had to discuss it in secrecy! Liar.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande