Mountain Biking (Any Type) Around Burlington Vermont

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Timothy Lee Bur, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Hello everyone. Any of you from around Vermont or know of good places to ride cross country,
    freeride or downhill in or around Burlington.

    There are some cool technical places behind Burlington high school and near the end of the bike path
    near Oakledge Park in Burlington.

    Does anyone know which Ski Mountains in Vermont or close to Vermont offer lift service for
    downhill bikers?

    Catamount is also a great place for cross country biking. Anyones know of any other great places in
    the area for ANY KIND of biking?

    Thanks a ton!

    :.)
    Tim

    Tags:

  2. Josh

    Josh Guest

    "Timothy Lee Burgher" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hello everyone. Any of you from around Vermont or know of good places to ride cross country,
    > freeride or downhill in or around Burlington.
    >
    > There are some cool technical places behind Burlington high school and near the end of the bike
    > path near Oakledge Park in Burlington.
    >
    > Does anyone know which Ski Mountains in Vermont or close to Vermont offer lift service for
    > downhill bikers?
    >
    > Catamount is also a great place for cross country biking. Anyones know of any other great places
    > in the area for ANY KIND of biking?
    >
    > Thanks a ton!

    Vermont? As in Vermont, USA? No, no, there are no places to ride. In fact, mountain biking isn't
    allowed. It's against the law.

    http://groups.google.com/groups?q=vermont+mtb+ride&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=ride+mtb+vermont

    Josh

  3. "Timothy Lee Burgher" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hello everyone. Any of you from around Vermont or know of good places to ride cross country,
    > freeride or downhill in or around Burlington.
    >
    > There are some cool technical places behind Burlington high school and near the end of the bike
    > path near Oakledge Park in Burlington.
    >
    > Does anyone know which Ski Mountains in Vermont or close to Vermont offer lift service for
    > downhill bikers?
    >
    > Catamount is also a great place for cross country biking. Anyones know of any other great places
    > in the area for ANY KIND of biking?
    >
    > Thanks a ton!
    >
    > :.)
    > Tim

    Well, it's all the way on the other side of the state, but you cant beat kingdom trails
    (www.kindomtrails.org). 100 miles of extremely well marked and maintained single track. it aint free
    to ride ($20 for a yearly pass, $5 for a day pass) but your money goes to the mapping, marking and
    maintaining so its well worth it. this place ROCKS!!

  4. Thanks for the tips!

    I've seen those pages and they are great, but was wondering more specifically if people had any
    favorite places to bike. Also, which Ski mountains are great for downhill and have lift service in
    the summer.

    Thanks a ton!

    Now I will go look at the pages you posted, more like the google search that I should have
    done myself.

    Peace, Tim