Mountain Biking In Israel

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Supabonbon, Jun 17, 2003.

  1. Supabonbon

    Supabonbon Guest

    No, I'm not kidding. Heading over June 28th for two weeks. I'll be in the Tel Aviv area, mostly.
    I'll be in Eilat July 4th-6th, probably be heading north towards the Galilee sometime during the
    trip too. If anybody has any information about rides, let me know. /s

    Tags:

  2. Xtc

    Xtc Guest

    Don't forget your "CamelBak"! LOL "supabonbon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > No, I'm not kidding. Heading over June 28th for two weeks. I'll be in the Tel Aviv area, mostly.
    > I'll be in Eilat July 4th-6th, probably be heading north towards the Galilee sometime during the
    > trip too. If anybody has any information about rides, let me know. /s

  3. Danny

    Danny Guest

    Insurance would be a good thing.. Let me know if you need a decent benificiary... :)

    Danny (Seriously though.. go and enjoy, but be careful!)

  4. On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 22:29:24 GMT, "Xtc" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Don't forget your "CamelBak"! LOL

    Or a flak jacket.

  5. crazy6r54

    crazy6r54 Guest

    Hot spot,don't ride the bus. Or maybe you better ware body armor and buy more life insurance.

    Fire up MTB 03

  6. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    B a r r y B u r k e J r . wrote:

    >>Don't forget your "CamelBak"! LOL
    >

    > Or a flak jacket.

    We were supposed to play rugby against Israel last year when there were daily bombings and
    shootings. To safeguard us, they were going to fly us in to a military base, give us an armed escort
    to a ring-fenced ground with armed protection and no spectators and then fly us out again after the
    game. We declined, and Israel came and played in Luxembourg instead.

  7. Hriv

    Hriv Guest

    As an Israeli resident, I can assure you that taking some simple precautions will make your trip
    safe and fun here. For example, rule no 1: Never take a bus- take a taxi! Thers lots of great trails
    and bike trips here. Amasing moonlight and desert canyon trips. I can email you some videos, photos
    and maps of trips Ive allready made if you would like. Mostly day trips (4-6 hours), some downhills,
    desert day or night. I can allsow recomend good books but I dout if theve got an english version. As
    sugested by others, a camelback or any other hydration system is a must! Also sunscreen. So have a
    good time here and email me for any information you need.

    [email protected]

    "supabonbon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > No, I'm not kidding. Heading over June 28th for two weeks. I'll be in the Tel Aviv area, mostly.
    > I'll be in Eilat July 4th-6th, probably be heading north towards the Galilee sometime during the
    > trip too. If anybody has any information about rides, let me know. /s

  8. Zilla

    Zilla Guest

    Shalom fellow rider!

    --
    - Zilla Cary, NC (Remove XSPAM)

    "Hriv" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > As an Israeli resident, I can assure you that taking some simple
    precautions
    > will make your trip safe and fun here. For example, rule no 1: Never take
    > bus- take a taxi! Thers lots of great trails and bike trips here. Amasing moonlight and
    desert
    > canyon trips. I can email you some videos, photos and maps of trips Ive allready made if you would
    > like. Mostly day trips (4-6 hours), some downhills, desert day or night. I can allsow recomend
    > good books but I
    dout
    > if theve got an english version. As sugested by others, a camelback or any other hydration system
    > is a must! Also sunscreen. So have a good time here and email me for any information you need.
    >
    > [email protected]
    >
    > "supabonbon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > No, I'm not kidding. Heading over June 28th for two weeks. I'll be in the Tel Aviv area, mostly.
    > > I'll be in Eilat July 4th-6th, probably be heading north towards the Galilee sometime during the
    > > trip too. If anybody has any information about rides, let me know. /s

  9. Hriv

    Hriv Guest

    Shalom to you to colleague rider :) . Have a great riding summer in North Carolina!

    "Zilla" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...
    > Shalom fellow rider!
    >
    > --
    > - Zilla Cary, NC (Remove XSPAM)

  10. Supabonbon

    Supabonbon Guest

    "Hriv" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > As an Israeli resident, I can assure you that taking some simple precautions will make your trip
    > safe and fun here. For example, rule no 1: Never take a bus- take a taxi! Thers lots of great
    > trails and bike trips here. Amasing moonlight and desert canyon trips. I can email you some
    > videos, photos and maps of trips Ive allready made if you would like. Mostly day trips (4-6
    > hours), some downhills, desert day or night. I can allsow recomend good books but I dout if theve
    > got an english version. As sugested by others, a camelback or any other hydration system is a
    > must! Also sunscreen. So have a good time here and email me for any information you need.
    >
    > [email protected]

    Toda raba Haim! I rented a car last time and expect to do the same. Where are you? Where's most of
    the riding you do? Like I wrote, I'm going to span a fair part of the country, so if we could meet
    up somewhere for a ride that would be great.

    Scott

  11. supabonbon wrote:
    > No, I'm not kidding. Heading over June 28th for two weeks. I'll be in the Tel Aviv area, mostly.
    > I'll be in Eilat July 4th-6th, probably be heading north towards the Galilee sometime during the
    > trip too. If anybody has any information about rides, let me know.

    I'm hoping you're gonna tell Sharon to go for peace instead of keeping provoking for more violence
    while youre there.

    Regards

    Bruno

  12. Jd

    Jd Guest

  13. Sounds like a good time. As long as you're not a palistinian. Steve <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...
    > supabonbon wrote:
    > > No, I'm not kidding. Heading over June 28th for two weeks. I'll be in the Tel Aviv area, mostly.
    > > I'll be in Eilat July 4th-6th, probably be heading north towards the Galilee sometime during the
    > > trip too. If anybody has any information about rides, let me know.
    >
    > I'm hoping you're gonna tell Sharon to go for peace instead of keeping provoking for more violence
    > while youre there.
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Bruno

  14. Supabonbon

    Supabonbon Guest

    "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > supabonbon wrote:
    > > No, I'm not kidding. Heading over June 28th for two weeks. I'll be in the Tel Aviv area, mostly.
    > > I'll be in Eilat July 4th-6th, probably be heading north towards the Galilee sometime during the
    > > trip too. If anybody has any information about rides, let me know.
    >
    > I'm hoping you're gonna tell Sharon to go for peace instead of keeping provoking for more violence
    > while youre there.
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Bruno

    Sorry, just going to see my grandmother and do some sightseeing. But thanks for the troll! /s

  15. Supabonbon

    Supabonbon Guest

    bomba <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > B a r r y B u r k e J r . wrote:
    >
    > >>Don't forget your "CamelBak"! LOL
    > >

    > > Or a flak jacket.
    >
    > We were supposed to play rugby against Israel last year when there were daily bombings and
    > shootings. To safeguard us, they were going to fly us in to a military base, give us an armed
    > escort to a ring-fenced ground with armed protection and no spectators and then fly us out again
    > after the game. We declined, and Israel came and played in Luxembourg instead.

    Eesh! I gotta say, that doesn't sound terribly pleasant. I can imagine the sounds of a scrummer's
    ear being torn off in an big empty stadium would be rather sobering. Is the Israeli team any good?
    Most of the people I see tend towards the smaller, Mediterranean set, but I'm sure there are some
    big Russians there lurking around too. /s /s

  16. supabonbon wrote:
    > Sorry, just going to see my grandmother and do some sightseeing. But thanks for the troll!

    What can I say. I hope you have a good ride I'm just a "little" pissed theese days seeing Bush claim
    he's doing something for peace when it's little more than gestures. So while I know this is OT it's
    not something that I will not comment on.

    From what I understand here in EU the news coverage in the US, at least from what I can pick up on
    CNN, is very biased towards making Palenstine s that are fighting to have their land look like pure
    evil and the Israeli soldiers using gunships and tanks on stone throwers like pure heroes.

    I don't think there is such a thing as black or white in the conflict, but I'm pretty sure people
    only become suicide bombers if the feel sure they have no future and that their sacrifice may help
    thoose that are left behind.

    Israel is litteraly importing people, from russia mostly, to live and establish settelments and I
    find it very ironic that they call the palestines terrorists when thinking about how they
    established Israel in the first place - back then they were the onces using terror tactics.

    Regards

    Bruno

  17. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On 17 Jun 2003 14:58:54 -0700, [email protected] (supabonbon) wrote:

    >No, I'm not kidding. Heading over June 28th for two weeks. I'll be in the Tel Aviv area, mostly.
    >I'll be in Eilat July 4th-6th, probably be heading north towards the Galilee sometime during the
    >trip too. If anybody has any information about rides, let me know. /s

    Very ballsy I must say.

    There's a road map out there. I think it WAS called "The Road Map To Peace"

    Stay safe, Bill The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the
    mind should give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
    :-]

  18. Dave Stocker

    Dave Stocker Guest

  19. Hriv

    Hriv Guest

    I live in Haifa and work in Tel Aviv. My riding buddies and I go on day trips once in 4-5
    weeks. There is a good chance we'll be ridding one at the time you will be here, probably to
    the north- Jordan river sources perhaps. We'll be glad if you join us. I'll email you with some
    details and photos.

    "supabonbon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Hriv" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > As an Israeli resident, I can assure you that taking some simple
    precautions
    > > will make your trip safe and fun here. For example, rule no 1: Never
    take a
    > > bus- take a taxi! Thers lots of great trails and bike trips here. Amasing moonlight and
    desert
    > > canyon trips. I can email you some videos, photos and maps of trips Ive allready made if you
    > > would like. Mostly day trips (4-6 hours), some downhills, desert day or night. I can allsow
    > > recomend good books but I
    dout
    > > if theve got an english version. As sugested by others, a camelback or
    any
    > > other hydration system is a must! Also sunscreen. So have a good time here and email me for any
    > > information you need.
    > >
    > > [email protected]
    >
    > Toda raba Haim! I rented a car last time and expect to do the same. Where are you? Where's most of
    > the riding you do? Like I wrote, I'm going to span a fair part of the country, so if we could meet
    > up somewhere for a ride that would be great.
    >
    > Scott

  20. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    supabonbon wrote:

    >>We were supposed to play rugby against Israel last year when there were daily bombings and
    >>shootings. To safeguard us, they were going to fly us in to a military base, give us an armed
    >>escort to a ring-fenced ground with armed protection and no spectators and then fly us out again
    >>after the game. We declined, and Israel came and played in Luxembourg instead.
    >

    > Eesh! I gotta say, that doesn't sound terribly pleasant. I can imagine the sounds of a scrummer's
    > ear being torn off in an big empty stadium would be rather sobering. Is the Israeli team any good?

    Not really. They got relegated from our division last year - they now play in Europe Division 3 Pool
    C: http://www.fira-aer-rugby.com/eng/compsenior3c.html.

    Most of the
    > people I see tend towards the smaller, Mediterranean set, but I'm sure there are some big Russians
    > there lurking around too.

    Yeah, there were a couple of Russians in the side we played. One of them thought he'd take some of
    us on at drinking vodka - he ended up passed out between a couple of parked cars by 10pm :)

    Incidentally, we're playing in a tournament with them this weekend:
    http://www.fira-aer-rugby.com/eng/comp7.html