Mountain Biking in Italy

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kevin Hasley

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0026_01C2D07E.653D7B60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hello, I will be traveling to Italy next week and wondering if someone = could help me. I am driving
to the Le Spezia, Liguria area in italy and = wanted to know if you could recommend good single
track trails (expert = level). Could anyone also recommend some good bike shops or websites = that
we help me?

Thank you.

Kevin Sposetti

------=_NextPart_000_0026_01C2D07E.653D7B60 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML
6.00.2800.1106" name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT size=3D2>
<P>Hello, I will be traveling to Italy next week and wondering if = someone could=20 help me. I am
driving to the Le Spezia, Liguria area in italy and wanted = to know=20 if you could recommend
good single track trails (expert level). = Could=20 anyone also recommend some good bike
shops or websites that we help = me?</P>
<Q>Thank you.</P>
<R>Kevin Sposetti</FONT></FONT><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></P></DIV>
<DIV></FONT> </DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0026_01C2D07E.653D7B60--

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
> Hello, I will be traveling to Italy next week and wondering if someone could help me. I am driving
> to the Le Spezia, Liguria area in italy and wanted to know if you could recommend good single
> track trails (expert level). Could anyone also recommend some good bike shops or websites that we
> help me?
>
>
Recommendations:

I'd done some research on that area as I've driven through it a few times. My Eyetalian bookmark
folder showed http://digilander.libero.it/gianmar48/e_beigua.html as page in English with some
trails. The links page at the same site leads to some local websites.

Get a map (Tobacco's the best down there) if your going it alone. It's pretty mountainous territory
and is just starting to recover from the forest fires of 2000.

But, if you don't know the language and you don't know the area, I'd find a bike shop and either beg
for info or hire a guide. You'll "probably" get the best biking that way.

nk

Status
Not open for further replies.