Mountain Biking In SWEDEN HElp Me

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Rift, Feb 4, 2003.

  1. Rift

    Rift Guest

    So we're off to Sweden ( southern bit ) in the Summer to visit the 'in-law' relatives.... I'm taking
    my mountain bike.

    Please someone tell me that there is some idylic self catering cottage/holiday site where we can
    base ourselves... idylic because it's got hills/mountains/trails.

    Please please....save me.

    Tags:

  2. Tony W

    Tony W Guest

    "Rift" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > So we're off to Sweden ( southern bit ) in the Summer to visit the
    'in-law'
    > relatives.... I'm taking my mountain bike.
    >
    > Please someone tell me that there is some idylic self catering cottage/holiday site where we can
    > base ourselves... idylic because it's
    got
    > hills/mountains/trails.

    From memory (i.e about 30 years) southern Sweden is not as lumpy as some parts of Norfolk. Plenty of
    lakes and forests though.

  3. "Rift" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > So we're off to Sweden ( southern bit ) in the Summer to visit the
    'in-law'
    > relatives.... I'm taking my mountain bike.
    >
    > Please someone tell me that there is some idylic self catering cottage/holiday site where we can
    > base ourselves... idylic because it's
    got
    > hills/mountains/trails. Please please....save me.
    Hi Why not try asking the swedes themselves on news:swenet.sport.cykel BR Kasper (Dk)

  4. Nick Kew

    Nick Kew Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, one of infinite monkeys
    at the keyboard of "Tony W" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >> Please someone tell me that there is some idylic self catering cottage/holiday site where we can
    >> base ourselves... idylic because it's

    No idea about self-catering. When in Sweden I'm either staying with the family or camping.

    > got
    >> hills/mountains/trails.
    >

    > From memory (i.e about 30 years) southern Sweden is not as lumpy as some parts of Norfolk.

    Southern Sweden has a range of terrain. Småland is somewhat lumpy for instance, though less so than
    further north.

    > Plenty of lakes and forests though.

    Yes! Take swimming gear - and take advantage of all those fantastic lakes.

    --
    Wear your paunch with pride!