    Mike

    From: "loomisjc63" <[email protected]> Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 22:11:43 -0000 Subject: Mt.
    Bike Injuries

    This link is to an interesting study on injuries related to mt. biking and rock climbing. Its being
    done by 2 physicians in the Squamish area. Good points are made about potential causes of injuries
    associated with the sport of mt. biking.

    http://www.testofmetal.com/PDFs/Medical%20Post%20Article.pdf

    Lisa Parsons

    ===

    http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

    Tags:

  2. Nace

    Nace Guest

  3. On 15 Jun 2003 14:56:41 -0700, [email protected] (Nace) wrote:

    .Do you not have anything else to do, you self righteous witless jagoff?

    You are lucky SOMEONE cares about your safety, even if you don't.

    .> http://www.testofmetal.com/PDFs/Medical%20Post%20Article.pdf .> .> Lisa Parsons

    ===

    http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

  4. Dave Stocker

    Dave Stocker Guest

  5. Mike Vandeman wrote:

    <more crap>

    Mike, please do suck my ass until I feel refreshed and lithe.

    Regards,

    Everyone Else

  6. Andyc

    Andyc Guest

    "Nace" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Do you not have anything else to do, you self righteous witless jagoff?
    >

    > > http://www.testofmetal.com/PDFs/Medical%20Post%20Article.pdf
    > >
    > > Lisa Parsons
    > >
    > > ===
    > > I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
    > > help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
    > >
    > > http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

    Couldn't find the original, so posting a reply to you Nace, but not directed at you, cos you're
    correct in your assumption of this SRWJ person...

    Personally that's why I do it. If there was no risk in going fast down a track I probably wouldn't
    bother, might as well watch it on TV.

    And it's the risk takers that have shaped the world. You think that back in history Columbus
    thought, "hmm, better not take a risk by sailing out across the ocean" or maybe going to the moon
    might have been considered a little risky, there's loads of people who have taken good,
    calculated risks...

    If we didn't take risks we wouldn't be human, we'd be cows, possibly sheep.

    I do respect the fact personal injury hurts and that we should take steps to reduce the risk, but
    that's just plain common sense, or have I contradicted myself?

    AndyC

  7. "Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Notice that these doctors ride a mountain bike TANDEM, guaranteeing that
    they
    > will ride off-trail, when going around corners.
    >
    > Mike

    There is no guarantee, as you say, that a tandem bike will go off-trail. It _may_ go off trail, but
    there is no reason to report that it _will_ go off-trail.

  8. Cameron

    Cameron Guest

    "Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Notice that these doctors ride a mountain bike TANDEM, guaranteeing that
    > they
    > > will ride off-trail, when going around corners.
    > >
    > > Mike
    >
    > There is no guarantee, as you say, that a tandem bike will go off-trail. It _may_ go off trail,
    > but there is no reason to report that it _will_ go off-trail.

    Err, Jeff, you're forgetting that in Mike's world _all_ bikers ride off trail; _all_ bikers kill
    wildlife; _all_ bikers lie; _all_ bikers are stupid; _all_ bikers want to destroy the outdoors we
    love so much; _all_ bikers put radioactive waste in their hydration packs; _all_ bikers munch on
    fresh damsel nymphs while riding; _all_ bikers carry a mummified kitten in a Ziploc® bag in their
    pack as a good luck charm.

    Personally, I think Mike lives in an alternate universe, and his so-called "Ph.D." is in
    inter-dimensional cross posting.

    --
    Cameron

    --
    Cameron

  9. Kent

    Kent Guest

    I thought this cock was eaten by a bear! maybe the bear didn't like him.

    Kent "Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Notice that these doctors ride a mountain bike TANDEM, guaranteeing that
    they
    > will ride off-trail, when going around corners.
    >
    > Mike
    >

    > From: "loomisjc63" <[email protected]> Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 22:11:43 -0000 Subject: Mt. Bike
    > Injuries
    >
    > This link is to an interesting study on injuries related to mt. biking and rock climbing. Its
    > being done by 2 physicians in the Squamish area. Good points are made about potential causes of
    > injuries associated with the sport of mt. biking.
    >
    > http://www.testofmetal.com/PDFs/Medical%20Post%20Article.pdf
    >
    > Lisa Parsons
    >
    > ===
    > I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
    > help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
    >
    > http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

  10. "Cameron" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > > "Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > Notice that these doctors ride a mountain bike TANDEM, guaranteeing
    that
    > > they
    > > > will ride off-trail, when going around corners.
    > > >
    > > > Mike
    > >
    > > There is no guarantee, as you say, that a tandem bike will go off-trail.
    It
    > > _may_ go off trail, but there is no reason to report that it _will_ go off-trail.
    > >

    > Err, Jeff, you're forgetting that in Mike's world _all_ bikers ride off
    trail; _all_ bikers
    > kill wildlife; _all_ bikers lie; _all_ bikers are stupid; _all_ bikers
    want to destroy the
    > outdoors we love so much; _all_ bikers put radioactive waste in their
    hydration packs;
    > _all_ bikers munch on fresh damsel nymphs while riding; _all_ bikers carry
    a mummified
    > kitten in a Ziploc® bag in their pack as a good luck charm.
    >
    > Personally, I think Mike lives in an alternate universe, and his so-called
    "Ph.D." is in
    > inter-dimensional cross posting.

    Mike is clearly in a universe where he is the only occupant. Somebody keeps opening the door and
    giving us glimpses of his stupidity, PhD notwithstanding.

    BTW, If you lick the damsel nymphs instead of munch on them, they will last longer.

  11. Cameron

    Cameron Guest

    "Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "Cameron" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > >
    > > > "Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]...
    > that
    > > > they

    > > > There is no guarantee, as you say, that a tandem bike will go off-trail.
    > It
    > > > _may_ go off trail, but there is no reason to report that it _will_ go off-trail.
    > > >

    > > Err, Jeff, you're forgetting that in Mike's world _all_ bikers ride off
    > trail; _all_ bikers
    > > kill wildlife; _all_ bikers lie; _all_ bikers are stupid; _all_ bikers
    > want to destroy the
    > > outdoors we love so much; _all_ bikers put radioactive waste in their
    > hydration packs;
    > > _all_ bikers munch on fresh damsel nymphs while riding; _all_ bikers carry
    > a mummified
    > > kitten in a Ziploc® bag in their pack as a good luck charm.
    > >
    > > Personally, I think Mike lives in an alternate universe, and his so-called
    > "Ph.D." is in
    > > inter-dimensional cross posting.
    > >

    > Mike is clearly in a universe where he is the only occupant. Somebody keeps opening the door and
    > giving us glimpses of his stupidity, PhD notwithstanding.
    >
    > BTW, If you lick the damsel nymphs instead of munch on them, they will last longer.

    The only problem is getting the little darlings on a stick. Dragonfly nymphs are much easier. I like
    to let the damsels crawl around on my legs.

    --
    Cameron

  12. Vp

    Vp Guest

    Cameron,

    > _all_ bikers munch on fresh damsel nymphs while riding; _all_ bikers carry a mummified kitten in a
    > Ziploc® bag in their pack as a good luck charm.

    They are hard to find these days, even in bulk food stores.

    If there's anybody that reaches the depths of trails and such, it's mountain bikers. Trekking by
    foot is so bloody boring.

  13. Cameron

    Cameron Guest

    "VP" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:BB13E5C0.42252%[email protected]...
    > Cameron,
    >
    > > _all_ bikers munch on fresh damsel nymphs while riding; _all_ bikers carry a mummified kitten in
    > > a Ziploc® bag in their pack as a good luck charm.
    >
    > They are hard to find these days, even in bulk food stores.

    Production can't keep up with demand.

    > If there's anybody that reaches the depths of trails and such, it's mountain bikers. Trekking by
    > foot is so bloody boring.

    I used to go hiking almost every weekend. I ride now. But since the bulk of trails around here are
    off limits to bikes, I get stressed and have random spasms whenever I walk on a hiker only trail.
    Don't go hiking. It's bad for the heart.

    --
    Cameron

  14. On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 03:34:48 -0500, Ricardo Montalban <[email protected]> wrote:

    .Mike Vandeman wrote: . .<more crap> . .Mike, please do suck my ass until I feel refreshed and
    lithe. . .Regards, . .Everyone Else

    Typical mountain biker. Afraid to use his real name....
    ===

  15. On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 13:42:30 -0700, "Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]> wrote:

    . ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    .news:[email protected]... .> Notice that these doctors ride a mountain
    bike TANDEM, guaranteeing that .they .> will ride off-trail, when going around corners. .> .> Mike .
    .There is no guarantee, as you say, that a tandem bike will go off-trail. It ._may_ go off trail,
    but there is no reason to report that it _will_ go .off-trail.

    It's just simple geometry. Something that's beyond your understanding.
    ===

  16. On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 21:48:24 GMT, "Cameron" <[email protected]> wrote:

    . ."Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]... .>
    .> "Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message .>
    news:[email protected]... .> > Notice that these doctors ride a mountain
    bike TANDEM, guaranteeing that .> they .> > will ride off-trail, when going around corners. .> > .>
    > Mike .> .> There is no guarantee, as you say, that a tandem bike will go off-trail. It .> _may_ go
    off trail, but there is no reason to report that it _will_ go .> off-trail. .> . .Err, Jeff, you're
    forgetting that in Mike's world _all_ bikers ride off trail; _all_ bikers .kill wildlife; _all_
    bikers lie; _all_ bikers are stupid; _all_ bikers want to destroy the .outdoors we love so much;
    _all_ bikers put radioactive waste in their hydration packs; ._all_ bikers munch on fresh damsel
    nymphs while riding; _all_ bikers carry a mummified .kitten in a Ziploc® bag in their pack as a good
    luck charm.

    Thanks. I didn't know about the part about the kitten.

  17. On Sun, 15 Jun 2003 14:14:39 +0000, Mike Vandeman wrote:

    > Notice that these doctors ride a mountain bike TANDEM, guaranteeing that they will ride off-trail,
    > when going around corners.
    >
    > Mike

    Huh! Ohmygaaawwwdd! An "inherently dangerous" sport? Oh, let's all stay home and get fat and die of
    heart disease. Let's avoid all risk of outdoor activity, and stay home. After all, just moving can
    cause injury. I could fall down the stairs, or even sprain my wrist reaching for the remote
    control....

    Puhleeeese! What happened to our national spirit? Anyone remember the greatest line ever said by an
    American president?

    "We do these things not because they are easy, but because they are hard."

    And, oh, uhmmmm, what does riding a tandem mountain bike around corners have to do with injury?

    -Dondo

  18. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

  19. Cameron

    Cameron Guest

    > On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 21:48:24 GMT, "Cameron" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > . ."Jeff Strickland"

    > .Err, Jeff, you're forgetting that in Mike's world _all_ bikers ride off trail; _all_ bikers .kill
    > wildlife; _all_ bikers lie; _all_ bikers are stupid; _all_ bikers want to destroy the .outdoors we
    > love so much; _all_ bikers put radioactive waste in their hydration packs; ._all_ bikers munch on
    > fresh damsel nymphs while riding; _all_ bikers carry a mummified .kitten in a Ziploc® bag in their
    > pack as a good luck charm.
    >
    > Thanks. I didn't know about the part about the kitten.

    Works for hikers too. But I would recommend a newborn kitten. Weight, you know. ;-)

    --
    Cameron