Mountain Biking Is DANGEROUS!

Mike Vandeman wrote:
> The definition of an addiction is a compulsion so strong that a mountain
biker
> is willing to risk EVERYTHING, including their own worthless life, to
pursue
> their selfish, destructive sport!
>
> Mike
>
> P.S. I wonder why they need an autopsy? It is obvious that the cause of
death is
> TERMINAL STUPIDITY!
>

> Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 Subject: Mountain biker dies on practice run
>
> Cyclist crashes, dies during practice

Dude, that is one of the most callous things I have ever seen here. Show some respect for the dead.
And note: Even if you really do feel so callous in your heart, stop and think. Open Schadenfreude is
not going to do your cause any good.

-Dave

I wasn't debating, I was letting the forums know that I felt pity for his soul. I can understand his
frustration, (not agree with him), when flamers like you post personal remarks instead of cognitive
arguments. Either agree or disagree, making personal attacks will only get you a PLONK!

Gary S. wrote:
>>Remember!
>>
>>A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. Sir Winston Churchill
>>

> Interesting quote, and oh so relevant.

Indeed although I was close to saying..

Never teach a pig to sing, it wastes your time and annoys the pig..

> Even the sock puppets will not support this bit of lunacy.

<Chuckle>

> The worst thing about Mikey is what a bad image he creates for real environmentalists.

One has to wonder what his bloke is trying to escape from, to be so obsesed with attempting to
remove humantiy from the world it must be something major. Should see a shrink before its too late..

Indeedy, I'm all for being evironmental but this bloke is clearly a crack pot..

Mike throws personal remarks in the face of congnitive arguments.

"GaryG" <gary_g@charter_NOSPAMX_.net> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> What an awful thing to say, Mike. Mocking another human's death in order
> promote your political cause is pretty pathetic.
>
> From this, and previous posts, you seem like a profoundly unhappy person, filled with
> self-loathing, and by extension, hatred for the rest of humanity. It looks like you've wrapped up
> your hate in an environmental "cause" which keeps you from looking at the true source of your
unhappiness
> (here's a clue...it's not mountain bikes).
>
> Do you have anyone close, emotionally, in your life? With your strident negativity, I doubt it. I
> really think you should look inside yourself,
and
> seek out professional help for you obvious emotional and mental issues.
>
> Posting stuff like this is a pretty awful way to live, don't you think?
>
> GG

It must be terrible to be Mike and GaryG!

Hawke

"Gyp" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Gary S. wrote:
> >>Remember!
> >>
> >>A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. Sir Winston Churchill
> >>

> > Interesting quote, and oh so relevant.
>
> Indeed although I was close to saying..
>
> Never teach a pig to sing, it wastes your time and annoys the pig..
>

> > Even the sock puppets will not support this bit of lunacy.
>
> <Chuckle>
>

> > The worst thing about Mikey is what a bad image he creates for real environmentalists.
>
> One has to wonder what his bloke is trying to escape from, to be so obsesed with attempting
> to remove humantiy from the world it must be something major. Should see a shrink before its
> too late..
>
> Indeedy, I'm all for being evironmental but this bloke is clearly a crack pot..

There ya have it Mike. Even the international participants of this newsgroup think you are an idiot.

TJ

Steve Petree <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I wasn't debating, I was letting the forums know that I felt pity for his soul. I can understand
> his frustration, (not agree with him), when flamers like you post personal remarks instead of
> cognitive arguments. Either agree or disagree, making personal attacks will only get you a PLONK!

Not only have you confirmed that you are indeed, retarded, you're a top posting retard. Thanks
mister pisstree.

JD

> JD wrote:
>
> >Steve Petree <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> >

> >>In all forums, and topics, it is always useful to have debates, about whether what we do is fun,
> >>or useful, or meaningful, or dangerous, etc. Mike, I don't agree with everything you say, but I
> >>do agree with a small part, and in any case debate is always interesting.
> >>

> >You're retarded, aren't you? There is no "debating" with a psycho, unless you are like-minded.
> >
> >JD

Are you saying that anyone and everyone that has an addiction is a mountain biker? If so, that would
make you one too... You seem to have this obsesive-compulsive addiction to harrassing folks here..

I mountain bike, but I'm not stupid.. I want to risk YOUR wothless life...
:)

That is my two cents... no doubt that you have some sharp and prophetic reparte to cast my way, but
save yourself the time.. It really makes no matter to me whatsoever what YOU think about anything,
(though I'm sure it wouldn't take long).

Danny

Danny wrote:
> That's OK.. I fart in his general direction...
>
> Danny

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries"...

"Now go away are I well taunt you a second time"...

<Chuckle>

Gyp

Mike only writes these insepid articles to cause the many of us on the pro side of this to argue.
You see, he is the minority opinion in this debate and like other debates where there is a line
drawn seperating the majority opinion holders from the minority opinion holders, the minority
opinion holders will do anything to divide the majority holders thereby creating dissention and
violating the cohesiveness of the bond that the majority opinion holders share.

When the majority of Americans voted Democratic in the Bush-Clinton and whatshisname race, the
losing parties tried to discredit the winning party by establishing doubt and creating dissention
among the majority opinion holders of the time, the same way that the losers of the last election
attemtped to discredit the winner of that one with silly attempts to change the outcome. And you can
bet that the next Presidential election will not escape insepid rancoring and attempts to win by any
means by either side of the political arena. However we see that the majority opinion holders always
win and that victory is only gauranteed when the majority opinion holders do not fall prey to the
minority opinion holders tactics.

That same logic applied here says that no one can document where mountain biking is any more
dangerous than any other activity that people partake. And for that matter, who can actually count
the little ameba and larvae of flies that MTB'ers supposedly kill when they ride. Most MTB'ers stick
to the well established trails. We gauge the technical difficulty of our rides based on hills and
deadfall crossing our trails. A few of us actually ride in places that have no beaten path, but then
again, no beaten path was made with out first beaten
it...right????

Let's not fight amongst ourselves and allow MV to rant. I share his "facts" with both my MTB'er
freinds and my non-MTB'er friends. Jeff Foxworthy, Jim Belushi or any other comic can hold a candle
to this freak of nature. He is a valuable source of humor and laughter. Ask him if he drives a car.
He will say no but his wife does. You see, that is only a small bit of the double standard he
applies to us. He refuses to drive a car because it is harmful to the environment yet he will allow
his wife to own a car and drive him back and forth to work...setting back womens rights no less....

Mike Vandeman wrote:

> The definition of an addiction is a compulsion so strong that a mountain biker is willing to risk
> EVERYTHING, including their own worthless life, to pursue their selfish, destructive sport!
>
> Mike
>
> P.S. I wonder why they need an autopsy? It is obvious that the cause of death is TERMINAL
> STUPIDITY!

I find you argumentative style and ranting endearing in a perverse way and I've often defended your
right to free speech and privacy in the face of those you wind up. However, to celebrate the death
of another human as a means to further your own agenda is disgraceful.

Karma is often mentioned round these parts. I hope you take that on board before ever posting
something as distasteful as this again.

Mike Vandeman wrote:

>The definition of an addiction is a compulsion so strong that a mountain biker is willing to risk
>EVERYTHING,

Therefore only mountain bikers are subject to addiction? Again, the logic (so-called) is tortured
beyond recognition.

>P.S. I wonder why they need an autopsy? It is obvious that the cause of death is TERMINAL
> STUPIDITY!

This is so insensitive & callous as to be beyond words. In addition to dysfunctional cognition and
obsessive-compulsive ranting and raving, you have no outward spark of humanity in you.

Pete H

--
The unspoken word is capital. We can invest it or we can squander it.
M. Twain

On Thu, 22 May 2003 06:47:54 +0000 (UTC), Gyp <[email protected]> wrote:

>Danny wrote:
>> That's OK.. I fart in his general direction...
>>
>> Danny
>
>"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries"...
>
>"Now go away are I well taunt you a second time"...

To prove you are an environmentalist, you must bring us a shrubbery.

Happy trails, Gary (net.yogi.bear)

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA Please reply to: garyDOTschwartzATpoboxDOTcom

On Thu, 22 May 2003 07:35:31 GMT, Jesse <[email protected]> wrote:

>Mike only writes these insepid articles to cause the many of us on the pro side of this to argue.
>You see, he is the minority opinion in this debate and like other debates where there is a line
>drawn seperating the majority opinion holders from the minority opinion holders, the minority
>opinion holders will do anything to divide the majority holders thereby creating dissention and
>violating the cohesiveness of the bond that the majority opinion holders share.

Mikey is a minority of one, unless you count sock puppets.

He is not part of the real debate on environmental issues, although he desperately wants to be
perceived as a leader on environmental issues.

Some have speculated that he is secretly working for the pro-development side by making
environmentalists look like lunatics. He is the one who keeps bringing up bulldozers, after all.

Responding to him, or acting in response to him, is basically pointless. His only value is
entertainment, and I have found that limited of late. Looks like we are in for another wave of
Mikey, so get the popcorn, sit back, and enjoy seeing if he has even a single new thought this time.
Unlikely, but theoretically possible.

Happy trails, Gary (net.yogi.bear)

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA Please reply to: garyDOTschwartzATpoboxDOTcom

lol at "terminal" stupidy. Ooooooo.....

Peter H <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Mike Vandeman wrote:
>
> >The definition of an addiction is a compulsion so strong that a mountain biker is willing to risk
> >EVERYTHING,
> >
> Therefore only mountain bikers are subject to addiction? Again, the logic (so-called) is tortured
> beyond recognition.
>

> >P.S. I wonder why they need an autopsy? It is obvious that the cause of death is TERMINAL
> > STUPIDITY!
> >

> This is so insensitive & callous as to be beyond words. In addition to dysfunctional cognition and
> obsessive-compulsive ranting and raving, you have no outward spark of humanity in you.
>
> Pete H

TJ <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Gyp" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > > The worst thing about Mikey is what a bad image he creates for real environmentalists.
> >
> > One has to wonder what his bloke is trying to escape from, to be so obsesed with attempting to
> > remove humantiy from the world it must be something major. Should see a shrink before its too
> > late..
> >
> > Indeedy, I'm all for being evironmental but this bloke is clearly a crack pot..
> >

> There ya have it Mike. Even the international participants of this newsgroup think you are
> an idiot.

'Even' ? - Prolly more like 'especially'.

Shaun aRe

Jesse <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Mike only writes these insepid articles to cause the many of us on the pro side of this to argue.

Guess again, dummy. All he wants is a reaction from you insipid clones and you're giving it to him.

JD