Mountain Biking Is DANGEROUS!

And here the truth rears it's ugly, (and stupid) head.. Mike wants to SAVE OUR LIVES..

We bow to you oh great one! Thank you for our salvation.. You have saved us from ourselves and we
are eternally in your debt..

The Father, the Son, THe Holy ghost, and Mike.. it's kinda catchy... in a silly sorta way..

Hey, while you're at it.. want to give me the winning numbers to next weeks powerball?

Cool!

Danny, the humble mike-servant, preacher of Vandemanism, seer to the stars.

> On Thu, 22 May 2003 05:45:47 -0400, Peter H <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> .Mike Vandeman wrote: . .>The definition of an addiction is a compulsion so strong that a mountain
biker
> .>is willing to risk EVERYTHING, .> .Therefore only mountain bikers are subject to addiction?
> Again, the .logic (so-called) is tortured beyond recognition. . .> .>P.S. I wonder why they need
> an autopsy? It is obvious that the cause of
death is
> .>TERMINAL STUPIDITY! .> .> .> .> .> .This is so insensitive & callous as to be beyond words. In
> addition to .dysfunctional cognition and obsessive-compulsive ranting and raving, you .have no
> outward spark of humanity in you.
>
> I'm trying to save your worthless life, idiot! I know you'd rather that we
look
> the pther way, and pretend that mountain biking is a harmless activity.
> ===
> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
> help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Danny thoughtfully penned:
> No.. really we pretend that YOU did not happen.. and yes.. it is too bad.
>
> I guess even the gene pool can have scum floating on top of it...
>
> Danny
>

> "Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> I know mountain bikers would prefer that we pretend that this never happened. Too bad.

danny since you seem to be new here,,,, , please don't feed the troll. If you need more info just do
a search on this wacko. Replying to the posts is just waste of bandwidth.

penny

But it's FUN!!! LMAO... I just wanna jerk his chain ONE time.. Please? can I can I please? I promise
to shut up...

;-)

Danny

> Danny thoughtfully penned:
> > No.. really we pretend that YOU did not happen.. and yes.. it is too bad.
> >
> > I guess even the gene pool can have scum floating on top of it...
> >
> > Danny
> >

> > "Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >> I know mountain bikers would prefer that we pretend that this never happened. Too bad.
>
> danny since you seem to be new here,,,, , please don't feed the troll. If you need more info just
> do a search on this wacko. Replying to the posts
is
> just waste of bandwidth.
>

> penny

Danny thoughtfully penned:
> But it's FUN!!! LMAO... I just wanna jerk his chain ONE time.. Please? can I can I please? I
> promise to shut up...
>
> ;-)
>
> Danny

... if youi think that talking into a void is fun....

> On Wed, 21 May 2003 13:16:11 -0700, "GaryG" <gary_g@charter_NOSPAMX_.net>
wrote:

> .What an awful thing to say, Mike. Mocking another human's death in order
> .promote your political cause is pretty pathetic.
>
> Honesty is the best policy. I know you guys would rather that we look the
other
> way, when someone proves just how STUPID you are.

Mikie, you haven't proven any such thing. The only reason that story made the news is because
the death of a mt. biker is an unusual occurance. How many car drivers do you suppose died on
the same day?

Do you ride a bicycle on the road? Doesn't that carry a risk of death too? Does that then make you
stupid(er) too?

Life is full of risks, Mike. Nobody can control all of them...not even you.

> .From this, and previous posts, you seem like a profoundly unhappy person, .filled with
> self-loathing, and by extension, hatred for the rest of .humanity. It looks like you've wrapped up
> your hate in an environmental ."cause" which keeps you from looking at the true source of your
unhappiness
> .(here's a clue...it's not mountain bikes). . .Do you have anyone close, emotionally, in your
> life? With your strident .negativity, I doubt it. I really think you should look inside yourself,
and
> .seek out professional help for your obvious emotional and mental issues. . .Posting stuff like
> this is a pretty awful way to live, don't you think?
>
> No. It could save lives. I know you'd rather ignore it.
>
> .GG . ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> .news:[email protected]... .> The definition of an addiction is a
> compulsion so strong that a
mountain

.> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> .> (05-18) 00:12 PDT BIG BEAR LAKE, Calif. (AP) -- .> Japanese cyclist Haruko Fujinaka was killed
> in a crash Saturday morning .while .> practicing for an event at Snow Summit Mountain Resort. .>
> Fujinaka, 33, appeared to clear a jump but lost control in the air and .fell .> to the ground
> around 10 a.m. Fire Dept. Capt. Richard Flint said she
was
> .> breathing and had a pulse when he reached her minutes later. .> "But when I arrived, she was
> unconscious and not responsive to any .stimuli," .> Flint said. .> She was taken to a hospital,
> and then transported by helicopter to Loma .Linda .> University Medical Center in Riverside
> County. The Kyoto native was .> pronounced dead at 11:51 a.m. .> Deputy coroner Jim Sedgwick said
> Fujinaka died from multiple injuries,
and
> .> said an autopsy would be performed later this week. .> Flint said it was the first fatality he
> could recall in the history of
the
> .> National Championship Mountain Bike Series at Big Bear Lake. .> Fujinaka competed in
> professional mountain biking events on several .> continents, and finished in the top 10 in races
> in Australia, Japan and .the .> United States. .> Finals in most events remained scheduled for
> Sunday at Snow Summit,
about
> .100 .> miles east of Los Angeles. .> .> .> === .> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that
> is off-limits to .> humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8 .> years
> fighting auto dependence and road construction.) .> .> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande .
>
> ===
> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
> help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Elvis <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
news:<[email protected]>...
> > Elvis <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:<[email protected]>...

> > > Heya mike vanderdick:
> > >
> > > 1. You've been using this same sig for many years: did you stop at 8, or are you just dumber
> > > than a spoke and don't know how to change it?
> >
> > Look, stop making yourself look stupid - he said he was [currently]
working
> > on creating this habitat, and was for 8 years prior to that, fighting
auto
> > dependence etc. I can't belive how many of you suckers he gets with
those
> > lines, especially considering he's such a 10 watt bulb.
> >

> OK dipshitshaun
>
> Mike:
>
> 1. How successful was you "8 year" fight, and how succesful is the current one?
>
> > > 2. You state you are "working' to create "pure habitat": it sounds as if in "8" or so years
> > > you've failed miserably, and will continue to do so...
> >
> 2. IS the ONLY way you are really invovled in this bowel movement of yours is to post moronic
> messages on the internet?
>

> > Oh, FFS - learn to read properly before commenting on his trip,
otherwise
> > you'll only give the freak yet another orgasm.
> >

> There dipshitshaun: better?
>
> LSV

Your grammar is atrocious, your reading comprehension terrible, and that makes me a dipshit? Like
hell - there are other reasons that I'm a disphit.........

Good luck with your pathetic troll baiting.

Shaun aRe

Technician <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > bomba <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> > > "Nurse! Can I have more drugs please? I'm struggling to keep up with Shaun's mind"
> >
> > Try nitrous - it works for slow engines.
> >
> > Shaun aRe - VrrrrrrrmmmmmmMMMM! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
> >

> yeah, but you can only add so much nitrous to a Yugo ;-)

Says Travis, speaking from disastrous personal experience...........

Shaun aRe

> Technician <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > > Try nitrous - it works for slow engines.
> > >
> > > Shaun aRe - VrrrrrrrmmmmmmMMMM! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
> > >

> > yeah, but you can only add so much nitrous to a Yugo ;-)
>
> Says Travis, speaking from disastrous personal experience...........
>

> Shaun aRe

LOL, i wish. my car is in dire need of some NOS. get 4 people in there and try and go up a hill
(just a little one) and you practically need to get out and push. the thing is in first gear the
whole way. engine screaming at 5000 rpm, and cruising at a whopping 25 mph. and to think, this thing
has a trailer hitch on back. i can't imagine what for. you try and pull even just a snowmobile
trailer empty and it will drag the car down to 10 mph, on flats, with a hurricane tailwind.
--
~Travis

Mike Vandeman wrote:

>I'm trying to save your worthless life, idiot! I know you'd rather that we look the pther way, and
>pretend that mountain biking is a harmless activity.

How exceedingly nobleof you. I don't own, use, or know of any mountain bikes. I donb't know any
mountain bikers. I make no judgements on an activity, just pointing out the blathering stupidity of
an obsessive-compulsive monomaniacal troll.

If, given, that my life is worthless, why are you trying to save it? Isn't that just as
counterproductive as the rest of all your blather?

Pete H

--
The unspoken word is capital. We can invest it or we can squander it.
M. Twain

Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in message

> .Search Google for "Died while Hiking" returns 86,000 results. "Died .while Mountain Biking" only
> returns 11,000. Not exactally a .statistical analysis but it backs up what I recall: a lot more
> people .die while hiking than mountain biking.
>
> That's how one lies with statistics. The fact is that a much smalles PERCENTAGE of hikers die,
> than mountain bikers.

Now I never made any claims about those statistics, you are the one who is trying to make a point
about how dangerous mountain biking is by bringing up one case study. I was merely indicating that
there are plenty of counter examples.

> By your arguement hiking is .even more selfish and destructive than mountain biking. Why don't
> you .bring some statistics to the table Mike and we'll see exactally which .sport is more
> dangerous.

I just provided a counter example. You make a several specific claims, first that Mountain Biking is
dangerous and second that a higher PERCENTAGE of Mountain bikers get killed than hikers. Let's see
some statistics to back your ********.

> .The fact is that very few people get killed while mountain biking and .most of those who do get
> killed are on the extreme edge of the sport .(in this case downhill racing).
>
> Oh, so we should look the other way when it happens? Thanks for proving that mountain bikers are
> terminally stupid.

Just like we look the other way when some hiker saws his arm off because his own stupidity?

-- The Ogre

> LOL, i wish. my car is in dire need of some NOS. get 4 people in there and try and go up a hill
> (just a little one) and you practically need to get out and push. the thing is in first gear the
> whole way. engine screaming at 5000 rpm, and cruising at a whopping 25 mph. and to think, this
> thing has a trailer hitch on back. i can't imagine what for. you try and pull even just a
> snowmobile trailer empty and it will drag the car down to 10 mph, on flats, with a hurricane
> tailwind.

Never mind NOS, strikes me your car is in dire need of a new lump.

Or maybe you are in dire need of a new car.

Andy Chequer owns fiesty old motah.

In article <[email protected]>, "Andy Chequer"
<andy@(youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> says...

> > LOL, i wish. my car is in dire need of some NOS. get 4 people in there and try and go up a hill
> > (just a little one) and you practically need to get out and push. the thing is in first gear the
> > whole way. engine screaming at 5000 rpm, and cruising at a whopping 25 mph. and to think, this
> > thing has a trailer hitch on back. i can't imagine what for. you try and pull even just a
> > snowmobile trailer empty and it will drag the car down to 10 mph, on flats, with a hurricane
> > tailwind.
>
> Never mind NOS, strikes me your car is in dire need of a new lump.
>
> Or maybe you are in dire need of a new car.
>
> Andy Chequer owns fiesty old motah.

a new car would be great, but the likelihood is very slim at this point.
--
~Travis

In several articles spanning the 6 months JD has been roaming loose outside the woodshed,
[email protected] raved, variously:

You've got to pee higher on the tree there, Don. JD picks his trees more wisely ("more wisely?" You
should choose your words with more wisdom)

Somebody forgot to flush the toilet. There's a cross-posting fool trollbaiter still in the bowl.
(actually JD, your replies to this thread were cross-posted to several groups, which I've trimmed)

I only used insipid to point out the fact that the dummy who used it originally doesn't know how to
spell it. Virtual psuedointellectuals are a riot. (that would make a good sig line for you)

Not only have you confirmed that you are indeed, retarded, you're a top posting retard. Thanks
mister pisstree. (only children and complete imbeciles consider "retard" a noun)

You're retarded, aren't you? There is no "debating" with a psycho, unless you are like-minded. (if
you WERE retarded you'd have twice the personality and ten times the intellect you have now)

JD, you're a whole-grain loaf of stupidity, and you're still rising. Be careful not to get cookie
crumbs in that webtv keyboard or mommie will spank.

news:<[email protected]>...
> Elvis <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > > Elvis <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...
> news:<[email protected]>...

> > > Look, stop making yourself look stupid - he said he was [currently]
> working
> > > on creating this habitat, and was for 8 years prior to that, fighting
> auto
> > > dependence etc. I can't belive how many of you suckers he gets with
> those
> > > lines, especially considering he's such a 10 watt bulb.
> > >

> > OK dipshitshaun
> >
> > Mike:
> >
> > 1. How successful was you "8 year" fight, and how succesful is the current one?

> > 2. IS the ONLY way you are really invovled in this bowel movement of yours is to post
> > moronic messages on the internet?
> >

> > > Oh, FFS - learn to read properly before commenting on his trip,
> otherwise
> > > you'll only give the freak yet another orgasm.
> > >

> > There dipshitshaun: better?
> >
> > LSV
>
> Your grammar is atrocious, your reading comprehension terrible, and that makes me a dipshit? Like
> hell - there are other reasons that I'm a disphit.........
>

> Good luck with your pathetic troll baiting.
>

> Shaun aRe

Define my bad grammar dipshitshaun>?... or my interpretation on a newsgroup post as being
incomprensible>?

...my, my, dipshitshaun: you are big on yourself, aren't you? Typical of someone with "Small Man's
Syndrome", though....

LSV

On Tue, 27 May 2003 12:38:13 -0400, Peter H <[email protected]> wrote:

.Mike Vandeman wrote: . .> exposed for the dangerous, idiotic activity that it IS. It .>is evolution
.> .So, then: mountain biking actually causes alterations in the gametes?

Thanks for showing us that you haven't a clue what evolution is all about! Look up Darwin Award, and
then award it to yourself.

.Pete H

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Tue, 27 May 2003 12:38:13 -0400, Peter H <[email protected]> wrote:

.Mike Vandeman wrote: . .> exposed for the dangerous, idiotic activity that it IS. It .>is evolution
.> .So, then: mountain biking actually causes alterations in the gametes?

On second thought, yes, it is well known that it causes impotence. MENTAL impotence.
===

On 27 May 2003 12:00:14 -0700, [email protected] (The Ogre) wrote:

.Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in message . .> .Search Google for "Died while Hiking"
returns 86,000 results. "Died .> .while Mountain Biking" only returns 11,000. Not exactally a .>
.statistical analysis but it backs up what I recall: a lot more people .> .die while hiking than
mountain biking. .> .> That's how one lies with statistics. The fact is that a much smalles
PERCENTAGE .> of hikers die, than mountain bikers. . .Now I never made any claims about those
statistics, you are the one .who is trying to make a point about how dangerous mountain biking is
.by bringing up one case study. I was merely indicating that there are .plenty of counter examples.

But you didn't provide one.

.> By your arguement hiking is .> .even more selfish and destructive than mountain biking. Why don't
you .> .bring some statistics to the table Mike and we'll see exactally which .> .sport is more
dangerous. . .I just provided a counter example. You make a several specific .claims, first that
Mountain Biking is dangerous and second that a .higher PERCENTAGE of Mountain bikers get killed than
hikers. Let's .see some statistics to back your ********.

It's OBVIOUS. That you would deny it is ludicrous.

.> .The fact is that very few people get killed while mountain biking and .> .most of those who do
get killed are on the extreme edge of the sport .> .(in this case downhill racing). .> .> Oh, so we
should look the other way when it happens? Thanks for proving that .> mountain bikers are terminally
stupid. . .Just like we look the other way when some hiker saws his arm off .because his own
stupidity?

No, but that is a unique event. MANY mountain bikers have died as a result of mountain biking.

.-- The Ogre

===

On Mon, 26 May 2003 13:15:42 -0700, "GaryG" <gary_g@charter_NOSPAMX_.net> wrote:

."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
.news:[email protected]... .> On Wed, 21 May 2003 13:16:11 -0700, "GaryG"
<gary_g@charter_NOSPAMX_.net> .wrote: .> .> .What an awful thing to say, Mike. Mocking another
human's death in order .to .> .promote your political cause is pretty pathetic. .> .> Honesty is the
best policy. I know you guys would rather that we look the .other .> way, when someone proves just
how STUPID you are. . .Mikie, you haven't proven any such thing. The only reason that story made
.the news is because the death of a mt. biker is an unusual occurance.

Unusual, but not uncommon. Good news is always welcome.

Mike Vandeman wrote:

>On second thought, yes, it is well known that it causes impotence. MENTAL impotence.

Then we are led to speculate what caused yours.

--
When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there
is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson