Mountain Biking Is Inherently Dangerous

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Jd, Sep 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jd

    Jd Guest

    Especially when you go OTB onto a big slab-o-kayenta. The funniest part about it was the fact that
    body armor would not have protected me where I happened to hit hardest. If it's any consolation to
    the humpy doofs, I'll be riding before work tomorrow.

    JD down a bit, but never out
     
    Tags:


  2. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Especially when you go OTB onto a big slab-o-kayenta. The funniest part about it was the fact that
    > body armor would not have protected me where I happened to hit hardest. If it's any consolation to
    > the humpy doofs, I'll be riding before work tomorrow.
    >
    > JD down a bit, but never out

    Well look at it this way: you've had your crash for the decade now!

    Bill "much more frequent flier (OTB & elsewise)" S.
     
  3. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    On 3 Sep 2003 23:23:30 -0700, [email protected] (JD) wrote:

    >Especially when you go OTB onto a big slab-o-kayenta. The funniest part about it was the fact that
    >body armor would not have protected me where I happened to hit hardest. If it's any consolation to
    >the humpy doofs, I'll be riding before work tomorrow.
    >
    >JD down a bit, but never out

    and your point is?
     
  4. "Dave W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > On 3 Sep 2003 23:23:30 -0700, [email protected] (JD) wrote:
    >
    > >Especially when you go OTB onto a big slab-o-kayenta. The funniest part about it was the fact
    > >that body armor would not have protected me where I happened to hit hardest. If it's any
    > >consolation to the humpy doofs, I'll be riding before work tomorrow.
    > >
    > >JD down a bit, but never out
    >
    >
    > and your point is?
    >
    so jd spanked you too?
     
  5. Marty

    Marty Guest

    "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Especially when you go OTB onto a big slab-o-kayenta. The funniest part about it was the fact that
    > body armor would not have protected me where I happened to hit hardest. If it's any consolation to
    > the humpy doofs, I'll be riding before work tomorrow.
    >
    > JD down a bit, but never out

    JD,

    And here I thought the image me going OTB was funny but I have to admit I want to see your video!

    Seriously, glad it was not too bad and glad you'll be back in the saddle so soon.

    Marty
     
  6. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 13:18:26 GMT, "big purple dinosaur" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >
    >"Dave W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> On 3 Sep 2003 23:23:30 -0700, [email protected] (JD) wrote:
    >>
    >> >Especially when you go OTB onto a big slab-o-kayenta. The funniest part about it was the fact
    >> >that body armor would not have protected me where I happened to hit hardest. If it's any
    >> >consolation to the humpy doofs, I'll be riding before work tomorrow.
    >> >
    >> >JD down a bit, but never out
    >>
    >>
    >> and your point is?
    >>
    >so jd spanked you too?

    yes, it was very AUTHORITATIVE as well....
     
  7. "Dave W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 13:18:26 GMT, "big purple dinosaur" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >
    > >"Dave W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >> On 3 Sep 2003 23:23:30 -0700, [email protected] (JD) wrote:
    > >>
    > >> >Especially when you go OTB onto a big slab-o-kayenta. The funniest part about it was the fact
    > >> >that body armor would not have protected me where I happened to hit hardest. If it's any
    > >> >consolation to the humpy doofs, I'll be riding before work tomorrow.
    > >> >
    > >> >JD down a bit, but never out
    > >>
    > >>
    > >> and your point is?
    > >>
    > >so jd spanked you too?
    >
    >
    > yes, it was very AUTHORITATIVE as well....

    what really matters, is did you enjoy it?
     
  8. Klydesdale

    Klydesdale Guest

    "Dave W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > On 3 Sep 2003 23:23:30 -0700, [email protected] (JD) wrote:
    >
    > >Especially when you go OTB onto a big slab-o-kayenta. The funniest part about it was the fact
    > >that body armor would not have protected me where I happened to hit hardest. If it's any
    > >consolation to the humpy doofs, I'll be riding before work tomorrow.
    > >
    > >JD down a bit, but never out
    >
    >
    > and your point is?
    >

    I'd say it's that MTB'ing is inherently dangerous... Or something like that.
     
  9. Deluxe Model

    Deluxe Model Guest

    "KLydesdale" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >
    > "Dave W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > On 3 Sep 2003 23:23:30 -0700, [email protected] (JD) wrote:
    > >
    > > >Especially when you go OTB onto a big slab-o-kayenta. The funniest part about it was the fact
    > > >that body armor would not have protected me where I happened to hit hardest. If it's any
    > > >consolation to the humpy doofs, I'll be riding before work tomorrow.
    > > >
    > > >JD down a bit, but never out
    > >
    > >
    > > and your point is?
    > >
    >
    >
    > I'd say it's that MTB'ing is inherently dangerous... Or something like that.
    >
    I've got my "Save by the Bell" certificate to back that claim up from my worst endo.
     
  10. On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 23:23:30 -0700, JD did issue forth:

    > Especially when you go OTB onto a big slab-o-kayenta. The funniest part about it was the fact that
    > body armor would not have protected me where I happened to hit hardest. If it's any consolation to
    > the humpy doofs, I'll be riding before work tomorrow.

    Woohoo! Yes! JD is mortal!

    I always like it when other people fall off, reminds me that it's not just
    me. Glad you're not badly hurt, old chap.

    Huw "Anybody miss me?" Pritchard
     
  11. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 17:35:20 GMT, "big purple dinosaur" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >
    >"Dave W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 13:18:26 GMT, "big purple dinosaur" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >> >
    >> >"Dave W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> >> On 3 Sep 2003 23:23:30 -0700, [email protected] (JD) wrote:
    >> >>
    >> >> >Especially when you go OTB onto a big slab-o-kayenta. The funniest part about it was the fact
    >> >> >that body armor would not have protected me where I happened to hit hardest. If it's any
    >> >> >consolation to the humpy doofs, I'll be riding before work tomorrow.
    >> >> >
    >> >> >JD down a bit, but never out
    >> >>
    >> >>
    >> >> and your point is?
    >> >>
    >> >so jd spanked you too?
    >>
    >>
    >> yes, it was very AUTHORITATIVE as well....
    >
    >what really matters, is did you enjoy it?

    na, not really. There are those that appear to though, huh?
     
  12. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    On Thu, 4 Sep 2003 19:47:07 -0400, "KLydesdale" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >
    >"Dave W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> On 3 Sep 2003 23:23:30 -0700, [email protected] (JD) wrote:
    >>
    >> >Especially when you go OTB onto a big slab-o-kayenta. The funniest part about it was the fact
    >> >that body armor would not have protected me where I happened to hit hardest. If it's any
    >> >consolation to the humpy doofs, I'll be riding before work tomorrow.
    >> >
    >> >JD down a bit, but never out
    >>
    >>
    >> and your point is?
    >>
    >
    >
    >I'd say it's that MTB'ing is inherently dangerous... Or something like that.
    >

    we all get that part, it's the part about body armor that had no place...agree? disagree? And
    besides, what part CAN'T be armored these day's?
     
  13. Huw says:

    >Huw "Anybody miss me?" Pritchard

    Who are you?

    Steve "sorry, JD is obviously hurting today, and _someone_ had to feed him his lines"
     
  14. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    On 3 Sep 2003 23:23:30 -0700, [email protected] (JD) wrote:

    >Especially when you go OTB onto a big slab-o-kayenta. The funniest part about it was the fact that
    >body armor would not have protected me where I happened to hit hardest. If it's any consolation to
    >the humpy doofs, I'll be riding before work tomorrow.
    >
    >JD down a bit, but never out
    .

    so did you get that ride in?
     
  15. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Dave W <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > On Thu, 4 Sep 2003 19:47:07 -0400, "KLydesdale" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >
    > >"Dave W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >> On 3 Sep 2003 23:23:30 -0700, [email protected] (JD) wrote:
    > >>
    > >> >Especially when you go OTB onto a big slab-o-kayenta. The funniest part about it was the fact
    > >> >that body armor would not have protected me where I happened to hit hardest. If it's any
    > >> >consolation to the humpy doofs, I'll be riding before work tomorrow.
    > >> >
    > >> >JD down a bit, but never out
    > >>
    > >>
    > >> and your point is?
    > >>
    > >
    > >
    > >I'd say it's that MTB'ing is inherently dangerous... Or something like that.
    > >
    >
    > we all get that part, it's the part about body armor that had no place...agree? disagree? And
    > besides, what part CAN'T be armored these day's?

    _Your_ wits.

    Shaun aRe
     
  16. Jd

    Jd Guest

    Huw Pritchard <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<p[email protected]>...
    > On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 23:23:30 -0700, JD did issue forth:
    >
    > > Especially when you go OTB onto a big slab-o-kayenta. The funniest part about it was the fact
    > > that body armor would not have protected me where I happened to hit hardest. If it's any
    > > consolation to the humpy doofs, I'll be riding before work tomorrow.
    >
    > Woohoo! Yes! JD is mortal!

    No, no, no...I'm a Demigod still. After all, I *was* back on the bike within ten minutes and riding
    a technical singletrack.

    > I always like it when other people fall off, reminds me that it's not just
    > me. Glad you're not badly hurt, old chap.

    All of that repetitive training at Airborne school on how to fall comes in very handy, even twenty
    years later.

    > Huw "Anybody miss me?" Pritchard

    Who are you?

    JD
     
  17. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 12:04:23 +0100, "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >
    >Dave W <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> On Thu, 4 Sep 2003 19:47:07 -0400, "KLydesdale" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >> >
    >> >"Dave W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> >> On 3 Sep 2003 23:23:30 -0700, [email protected] (JD) wrote:
    >> >>
    >> >> >Especially when you go OTB onto a big slab-o-kayenta. The funniest part about it was the fact
    >> >> >that body armor would not have protected me where I happened to hit hardest. If it's any
    >> >> >consolation to the humpy doofs, I'll be riding before work tomorrow.
    >> >> >
    >> >> >JD down a bit, but never out
    >> >>
    >> >>
    >> >> and your point is?
    >> >>
    >> >
    >> >
    >> >I'd say it's that MTB'ing is inherently dangerous... Or something like that.
    >> >
    >>
    >> we all get that part, it's the part about body armor that had no place...agree? disagree? And
    >> besides, what part CAN'T be armored these day's?
    >
    >_Your_ wits.
    >
    >
    >
    >Shaun aRe
    >
    >
    >
    well, it's been said that you really don't need armor when riding sidewalks..which is akin to
    carrying on with you, so I guess I have to agree...

    there is no need for armour when dealling with Shauny!
     
  18. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Dave W <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 12:04:23 +0100, "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > >> we all get that part, it's the part about body armor that had no place...agree? disagree? And
    > >> besides, what part CAN'T be armored these day's?
    > >
    > >_Your_ wits.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >Shaun aRe
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > well, it's been said that you really don't need armor when riding sidewalks..which is akin to
    > carrying on with you, so I guess I have to agree...
    >
    > there is no need for armour when dealling with Shauny!

    Heh - you've never even started to deal with me, heheheheh - FFS, too funny! All you have ever done
    is waffle a bit of meaningless nonsense in my direction, making me look even better than I already
    do (and I know I look damned good, heheheheheh!)

    Shaun aRe
     
  19. Jd

    Jd Guest

    [email protected] (Stephen Baker) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > JD says:
    >
    > >Who are you?
    >
    > And is only a couple of days late... ;-)

    I've been out riding my bike, what's your excuse?

    The top quarter of my right leg is like a rainbow all the way around right now, though mostly Deep
    Purple and Mellow Yellow. It's still hurting a bit, though much less when I'm riding.

    JD
     
  20. Deluxe Model

    Deluxe Model Guest

    "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > All of that repetitive training at Airborne school on how to fall comes in very handy, even twenty
    > years later.
    >
    Years of football is handy well. You learn to roll with it, without sticking a limb out to break the
    fall......or the limb.
     
Loading...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Loading...