Mountain biking posture.

"Tetsuo Shima" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Pistof" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Tetsuo Shima" <[email protected]> wrote in
> > message news:[email protected]
> > berlin.de...
> > > What are the correct settings for the handlebars and
> > > seat, (as in how
> much
> > > higher the handlebars should be above the seat in
> > > relation to body
> length
> > > and arm length.)
> > >
> > > The reason i'm asking is that I seem to be leaning too
> > > far forward and putting a lot of strain on my wrists,
> > > (which can hurt a lot after long
> > haul
> > > rides.)
> > >
> > > Links to relevents site gratefully welcome.
> >
> > The idea behind that forward leaning stance is to
> > improve front wheel traction. It helps prevent washouts.
> > Try a hybrid. They're more
upright
> > for comfort yet can do some offroad.
> >
> > Dave
> >

> I don't need frontwheel traction atm. Setup is
> perfect now.

Well, that's good.

BTW, what does ATM mean? I just can not keep up with all of
these acronyms...

Dave

On 2004-04-29, Pistof penned:

> "Tetsuo Shima" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>

>> I don't need frontwheel traction atm. Setup is
>> perfect now.
>
> Well, that's good.
>
> BTW, what does ATM mean? I just can not keep up with all
> of these acronyms...

"At the moment"

--
monique

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
> On 2004-04-29, Pistof penned:
>>
>> "Tetsuo Shima" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>>

>>> I don't need frontwheel traction atm. Setup is
>>> perfect now.
>>
>> Well, that's good.
>>
>> BTW, what does ATM mean? I just can not keep up with all
>> of these acronyms...
>>

> "At the moment"

what ever happened to Automatic Teller Machine?

two hours to go, and I'm on the plane to Seattle to
catch the one to the Yucatan for two weeks or tropical
getaway with my sweetie. I'll try and rent a bike
somewhere along the way so I can post some on topic RR
content when I get back.

penny

On 2004-04-29, Penny S penned:
> Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
>> On 2004-04-29, Pistof penned:
>>>
>>> "Tetsuo Shima" <[email protected]> wrote in
>>> message news:[email protected]
>>> berlin.de...

>>> Well, that's good.
>>>
>>> BTW, what does ATM mean? I just can not keep up with all
>>> of these acronyms...
>>>

>> "At the moment"
>
> what ever happened to Automatic Teller Machine?

Context is everything. I imagine he *really* doesn't need
frontwheel traction on an ATM.

> two hours to go, and I'm on the plane to Seattle to
> catch the one to the Yucatan for two weeks or tropical
> getaway with my sweetie. I'll try and rent a bike
> somewhere along the way so I can post some on topic RR
> content when I get back.

Have fun!

--
monique

"Tetsuo Shima" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> What are the correct settings for the handlebars and seat,
> (as in how much higher the handlebars should be above the
> seat in relation to body length and arm length.)
>
> The reason i'm asking is that I seem to be leaning too far
> forward and putting a lot of strain on my wrists, (which
> can hurt a lot after long haul rides.)
>
> Links to relevents site gratefully welcome.

http://www.flying-scot.co.uk/individuals/graeme_obree.html

/s

supabonbon wrote:
> "Tetsuo Shima" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>> What are the correct settings for the handlebars and
>> seat, (as in how much higher the handlebars should be
>> above the seat in relation to body length and arm
>> length.)
>>
>> The reason i'm asking is that I seem to be leaning too
>> far forward and putting a lot of strain on my wrists,
>> (which can hurt a lot after long haul rides.)
>>
>> Links to relevents site gratefully welcome.
>
> http://www.flying-scot.co.uk/individuals/graeme_obree.html
>
> /s

Now that is one hell of a cyclist. What this article didn't
mention ( or I missed it ) was that he is actually having a
go at the hour record again at this very moment. He started
his trial runs a couple of weeks ago and is aiming for a
serious attempt in the middle of june or something. Nobody
really believes he's going to be succesful at the age he is.
I think around
38. However nobody believed in him the first time
around either.

http://www.legjoints.com/GraemeObree/

--
Perre

"Pistof" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Tetsuo Shima" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Pistof" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > >
> > > "Tetsuo Shima" <[email protected]> wrote in
> > > message news:[email protected]
> > > berlin.de...
how
> > much
> > length

and
long
> > > haul

> > > The idea behind that forward leaning stance is to
> > > improve front wheel traction. It helps prevent
> > > washouts. Try a hybrid. They're more
> upright
> > > for comfort yet can do some offroad.
> > >
> > > Dave
> > >

> > I don't need frontwheel traction atm. Setup is
> > perfect now.
>
> Well, that's good.
>
> BTW, what does ATM mean? I just can not keep up with all
> of these acronyms...
>
> Dave

At The Moment. :)