Mountain Biking routes in Costa Blanca?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pete

Hello Group,

Looking for routes in the Costa Blanca area. I'm looking to buy an holiday home in the area(another
story) and would like if you supply some websites or even some GPS waypoints or routes you may have.
I have only ever been driven from Alicante and Mucia airports to Torrevieja a few times so don't no
the area to well.

Thanks Pete.

[email protected]

Pete <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hello Group,
>
> Looking for routes in the Costa Blanca area. I'm looking to buy an holiday home in the
> area(another story) and would like if you supply some websites or even some GPS waypoints or
> routes you may have. I have only ever been driven from Alicante and Mucia airports to Torrevieja a
> few times so don't no the area to well.
>
> Thanks Pete.
>
> [email protected]
>

Perhaps these people can help.......

http://www.bikenbed.co.uk/

--
Mark

---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.476 / Virus Database: 273 - Release Date: 24/04/03

On Thu, 08 May 2003 09:34:43 +0000, Pete wrote:

> Hello Group,
>
> Looking for routes in the Costa Blanca area. I'm looking to buy an holiday home in the
> area(another story) and would like if you supply some websites or even some GPS waypoints or
> routes you may have. I have only ever been driven from Alicante and Mucia airports to Torrevieja a
> few times so don't no the area to well.
>
> Thanks Pete.
>
> [email protected]

I don't know whether you'll find marked official mountain biking routes. But the whole area between
Benidorm and Gandia is mountaineous, beautiful, and full of small winding roads with little traffic.
There is also a large amount of unpaved rural roads, but the problem is to know whether they will
lead you somewhere or just stop 1 km later. Starting from Calpe, the area between Benissa, Pinos,
Jalon, and the Bernia mountains is great. A longer ride is starting from Callosa to Guadalest,
Benilloba and going back down to Castell de Castells and Jalon. Well, this looks awfully long on the
map, but I think I've made it a few years ago. Or was there a shortcut somewhere ?

Spain is a great place for cycling if:
- you avoid the coast (too may cars)
- you avoid the suburbs of great cities. I've cycled around Valencia and been feeling like riding
through a bin. Countless dead dogs and worse.

Good luck

Jacques

Status
Not open for further replies.