Mountain Biking Speed Record - Speed 110 mph - Downhill......Video Footage

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by [email protected], Apr 16, 2006.

  1. Check this out: Mountain Bikers, I think this clip show 2, trying do
    brake a Speed Record on a Volcano in Japan. They achieve up to 110 mph,
    according to this video, but the Bike it seems, can not handle the 110
    mph and breaks. Pretty hard core. I tried to find any information on
    the net about this stunt but was not able to.
    Greetings from Hans N.
    http://www.jumpingpixels.com/bicyclespeed.html

    Tags:

  2. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > Check this out: Mountain Bikers, I think this clip show 2, trying do
    > brake a Speed Record on a Volcano in Japan. They achieve up to 110 mph,
    > according to this video, but the Bike it seems, can not handle the 110
    > mph and breaks. Pretty hard core. I tried to find any information on
    > the net about this stunt but was not able to.
    > Greetings from Hans N.
    > http://www.jumpingpixels.com/bicyclespeed.html

    Nicaragua, not Japan. That was in 2002.
    See last item here:
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/index.php?id=2002/may02/may16news2

  3. Donald Munro

    Donald Munro Guest

    fufko wrote:
    > Check this out: Mountain Bikers, I think this clip show 2, trying do
    > brake a Speed Record ...

    Oxymoronic if not apalling.

  4. ST

    ST Guest

    On 4/16/06 11:57 AM, in article
    [email protected], "[email protected]"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Check this out: Mountain Bikers, I think this clip show 2, trying do
    > brake a Speed Record on a Volcano in Japan. They achieve up to 110 mph,
    > according to this video, but the Bike it seems, can not handle the 110
    > mph and breaks. Pretty hard core. I tried to find any information on
    > the net about this stunt but was not able to.
    > Greetings from Hans N.
    > http://www.jumpingpixels.com/bicyclespeed.html

    Was he using one of those P-R Trek forks??