Mountain Biking

I are Babboon maybe we can convert all these roadies.

Here! Here!! I'm in!!

I ride a Gary Fisher MT Tam, that recently put a Manitou X-vert on. I ride everything. XC,DH, Freeride...I'm looking at getting a BMX too. I do a few road rides, but the trail is where my home is.

WHAT'S HAPPENING, FUBAR!?

;D

Gee, all these ridemonkey people joining....this place is just going right to hell. ;D

Here! Here!! I'm in!!

I think it's pretty safe to discuss methods of converting Roadies over to the dark side on this thread, but there are a few things to remember.

1.. Start the post with things like " Fat tyres" or "Dirt track" or "Mud " that should immediately lose their attention.

2.. Never mention things like "Bianchi" or "Armstrong" or "Grammes"(they seemed obsessed with how heavy their bike is ? :D) these words are like magnets to them.

OWNER OF A LONELY HEART!!!

(only YES song I remember)

::) If I could have a pound for every time that somebody has said that to me ,Boy would I have an Awesome bike ;D

I think it's pretty safe to discuss methods of converting Roadies over to the dark side on this thread, but there are a few things to remember.

1.. Start the post with things like " Fat tyres"  or "Dirt track" or "Mud " that should immediately lose their attention.

2.. Never mention things like "Bianchi" or "Armstrong" or "Grammes"(they seemed obsessed with how heavy their bike is ? :D) these words are like magnets to them.

Hey, I'm sure I heard someone say Bianchi? and Armstrong?

LOL

VO2 Maybe I should post some subliminal messages in the Road Race forum.

*SIGH*  These young people today.   ::)

Hehe!! I know LOTS of oldie type stuff just not YES. Dire Straits, The Steve Miller Band, The Doobie Brothers, Alabama.......I could go on and on!

Hi Colomtbikegirl.

I are Babboon maybe we can convert all these roadies.

NEVER! ;D

OTOH, I think us roadies will guide you all out of the Dark Side. ;D

NEVER!  ;D

OTOH, I think us roadies will guide you all out of the Dark Side.  ;D

lsvader.gif

Fat tyres
Plush Suspension
Freedom to go where ever you want.

Go on you know you want to go over to the dark side ;)

Dire Straits, Doobie Brothers, Steve Miller, ALABAMA ??? ;D

Would it impress the younger members (am I really the oldest here ?) if I honestly said that I also own CD's by Creed, Incubus, and believe it or not both SLIPKNOT albums.

Fat tyres
Plush Suspension
Freedom to go where ever you want.

Go on you know you want to go over to the dark side ;)

Dire Straits, Doobie Brothers, Steve Miller, ALABAMA  ??? ;D

Would it impress the younger members (am I really the oldest here ?) if I honestly said that I also own CD's by Creed, Incubus, and believe it or not both SLIPKNOT albums.

There is no place like the dark side!! ;D

See now I only own 1 Creed CD, the others you have well, I don't know who they are! Now if you said you had Leftover Salmon I'd be impressed..... ;)

I have a couple of Koos Kombuis, Brixton Moord and Roof and Beeskraal CD's ;D

btw, I do actually do own a mountain bike. A cheapie, but rideable.

We will not betray our kind...NEVER!

darthobi.gif

Sorry VO2, I'm starting to feel the pull toward wider tyres...with tread......straight handlebars......untarred surfaces.....MUD......disc brakes.......no pelotons......JUMPING.....AAAAAAARRRGHHHH!!!!

I'm even considering selling my trusty Road Bike to upgrade my not so Trusty MTB. :eek:

THE PULL TO THE DARK SIDE IS TOO STRONG!

Do not give in to the Dark Side, young grasshopper! You do not belong there. Stay with the fast ones! There is no other way!

Do not give in to the Dark Side, young grasshopper! You do not belong there. Stay with the fast ones! There is no other way!

But Master they have
SUSPENSION!

Yes, young grasshopper, that is true, but don't let the beauty of it cloud your vision.
They have the evil one on their side called

Yes, young grasshopper, that is true, but don't let the beauty of it cloud your vision.
They have the evil one on their side called [/quot]
yeah, they're able to leap tall buildings in a single bound with this one.