"Mountain Days, Bothy Nights"

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Peewiglet, Jan 3, 2005.

  1. Peewiglet

    Peewiglet Guest

    On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 14:49:30 +0000, Chris Townsend
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    [...]
    >I fine abebooks very good - http://www.abebooks.com.

    Thanks very much for that - I've never heard of them before. They have
    3 copies of "Always a little further"... :)

    Best wishes,
    --
    ,,
    (**)PeeWiglet~~

  2. Judith

    Judith Guest

    On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 00:15:00 +0000, Rooney <[email protected]> wrote:

    >>Ooo yes! "La neige en deuil" by "Henri Troyat".
    >>

    >I did that one too!

    And did you do "Therese Desqueyroux", "La Gloire de mon pere" and, erm
    ...... what was the 4th one? Dunno, must've been a good 'un!

    Judith

  3. Nick Pedley

    Nick Pedley Guest

    "Peewiglet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 14:49:30 +0000, Chris Townsend
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > [...]
    > >I fine abebooks very good - http://www.abebooks.com.

    > Thanks very much for that - I've never heard of them before. They have
    > 3 copies of "Always a little further"... :)

    I like Abebooks too and Mum's used them successfully to fill out her Chalet
    School and Malcolm Savile collections! Be warned that the listings are
    dependent on the members keeping them up to date, one book I'm after was
    still listed there 2 months by one seller after I tried to order it online
    and visited their London branch shop and was told they didn't actually have
    it.

    Nick

  4. Nick Pedley

    Nick Pedley Guest

    "Peewiglet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 14:49:30 +0000, Chris Townsend
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > [...]
    > >I fine abebooks very good - http://www.abebooks.com.

    > Thanks very much for that - I've never heard of them before. They have
    > 3 copies of "Always a little further"... :)

    I like Abebooks too and Mum's used them successfully to fill out her Chalet
    School and Malcolm Savile collections! Be warned that the listings are
    dependent on the members keeping them up to date, one book I'm after was
    still listed there 2 months by one seller after I tried to order it online
    and visited their London branch shop and was told they didn't actually have
    it.

    Nick

  5. Peewiglet

    Peewiglet Guest

    On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 23:31:01 -0000, "Nick Pedley"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    [...]
    >I like Abebooks too and Mum's used them successfully to fill out her Chalet
    >School

    Chalet School! Brill! :)

    [...]
    >Be warned that the listings are
    >dependent on the members keeping them up to date, one book I'm after was
    >still listed there 2 months by one seller after I tried to order it online
    >and visited their London branch shop and was told they didn't actually have
    >it.

    Thanks for the warning - I'll bear that in mind.

    Best wishes,
    --
    ,,
    (**)PeeWiglet~~

  6. Rooney

    Rooney Guest

    On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 23:18:40 +0000, Judith
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 00:15:00 +0000, Rooney <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    >>>Ooo yes! "La neige en deuil" by "Henri Troyat".
    >>>

    >>I did that one too!

    >And did you do "Therese Desqueyroux", "La Gloire de mon pere" and, erm
    >..... what was the 4th one? Dunno, must've been a good 'un!
    >
    >Judith

    No, but I've read most of Pagnol's books - excellent. La Neige wasn't
    actually our set book, but we had to read it as extra. We had Le Grand
    Meaulnes, which I loved, some novel by Mauriac which bored me and is
    happily forgotten, Alceste, and something by Racine. Dim memories
    mostly. I still have La Gloire de mon Pere, and the sequel, which is a
    lovely book - Le chateau de ma mere.

  7. SteveO

    SteveO Guest

  8. Peewiglet

    Peewiglet Guest

    This has come - it looks great! Early night, I think :)

    <Trots away to fill hottle bottle>

    Best wishes,
    --
    ,,
    (**)PeeWiglet~~

  9. I just ordered it direct from the publishers Luath in Edinburgh. I
    hope it's good. It's in a race for first reading against "Hell of a
    Journey: On Foot Through the Scottish Mountains in Winter" which is on
    its way from Amazon.

  10. Peewiglet

    Peewiglet Guest

    On 10 Jan 2005 14:06:58 -0800, [email protected] wrote:

    >I just ordered it direct from the publishers Luath in Edinburgh. I
    >hope it's good. It's in a race for first reading against "Hell of a
    >Journey: On Foot Through the Scottish Mountains in Winter" which is on
    >its way from Amazon.

    Oooh! Another exciting one! :)

    Best wishes,
    --
    ,,
    (**)PeeWiglet~~

  11. Peewiglet

    Peewiglet Guest

    On 10 Jan 2005 14:06:58 -0800, [email protected]l.com wrote:

    >It's in a race for first reading against "Hell of a
    >Journey: On Foot Through the Scottish Mountains in Winter" [...]

    Catchy title, BTW :)

    Best wishes,
    --
    ,,