Mountain Rides

steve_18798

Feb 15, 2007
Who here actually has any stories about riding on a mountain. If so please post here i'm really interested in the sport and would like to here some stories about the stuff. Is it tough and very difficult or is it easy once you start going and other stuff. Please post!!

One man's mountain is another man's molehill,do you mean mountain trails or are you looking at actually cycling up a mountain carring your bike where you can't ride?
I cycle halfway up a mountain nearlly daily,on adventurous days i get to the top.This is via a service road providing acsess to cellphone and satelight becons.

Nothing nicer than riding amongst nature away from cars and people. The regular changes in terrain make it interesting. I remember the first few rides I did, 2-5kms was difficult but now I enjoy the longer 20-30kms trail rides and it becomes easier and more fun. I would suggest start with easier trails first and gradually learn to climb steeper terrain. the fun thing about a long climb is that it is usually followed by a descent.

- That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do; not that the nature of the thing itself is changed, but that our power to do is increased.
Ralph Waldo Emerson