Mountain Unicycling at age 60

Oh my lord. You are an inspiration man. I see myself in sports in your age but this is just awesome. I am speechless really. I like the unicycle and it is too expensive for a one wheeler but maybe I will buy it sometime in future. It looks like a lot of fun but I believe I would have some issues in learning how to balance on it. I saw a self balanced one though :)

Seeing videos like this certainly make you realise that just because you're getting older, it shouldn't stop you from being active.

I'm not saying that we should all take up mountain unicycling of course, the mountainside would be strewn with 60 year olds with broken limbs, so maybe just take up something a little less challenging!

Your skills are amazing. I can't even ride a unicycle, much less go mountain uni cycling. The descent looked pretty intense and scary at around 25 seconds. Does it take a lot of balance and practice to do that? I would think so. Also, how do you manage to hit those jumps and land without wrecking your balls. o_O

Balance is the key to riding any bike, and that's even more so when it comes to unicycling.

I can't say it's something I've tried, but I'd imagine to get to that level of skill and balance, it would take years to master, and even then you'd have to get used to falling off more often than not.

Okay now THAT is impressive. Mountain biking is challenging enough if you're a bit advanced in years, but to do it unicycling? You need balance and a lot of core strength just to be able to ride that normally, and usually you just do it on flat surfaces. To do it in an outside setting, you can really see the dedication that people do to do what they love, and this is not an exception to that.

Wow you're 60 and you seem to be in amazing shape to be able to do this. Although I don't really see the appeal on unicycle over a standard setup. Is it a matter of preference or just the access you have to certain areas that you wouldn't reach with a standard bicycle?