Mounting a computer / light on aero bars

Peter

Guest
Dear all,

I have recently put tri-bars on my Specialized Sirrus. There is now no room left on the handlebars
for my speedometer and light. I could put them on the tri bars but then they'd be 90 degrees off!
Does anyone have any solutions to my problem??

Thanks a million,

Peter

Peter wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have recently put tri-bars on my Specialized Sirrus. There is now no room left on the handlebars
> for my speedometer and light. I could put them on the tri bars but then they'd be 90 degrees off!
> Does anyone have any solutions to my problem??

Take the tribars off?

> Thanks a million,

Don't mention it ;-)

Tony

Well that's what I've done for the moment ... but you know what I mean! How can I get them onto the
tribars or stem or whatever.

Thanks again,

Peter

Peter wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have recently put tri-bars on my Specialized Sirrus. There is now no room left on the handlebars
> for my speedometer and light. I could put them on the tri bars but then they'd be 90 degrees off!
> Does anyone have any solutions to my problem??

I have a cheapo Tri-Pro computer which has an offset mount so it sits over the stem. Perhaps look
for something similar? Your light could go on a fork blade, or maybe you could lose some bar tape?

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 20:05:05 -0000, "Peter" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I have recently put tri-bars on my Specialized Sirrus. There is now no room left on the handlebars
>for my speedometer and light. I could put them on the tri bars but then they'd be 90 degrees off!
>Does anyone have any solutions to my problem??

I use a Profile Design computer mount.

http://www.profile-design.com/acc_computermount.html

It's basically a ridiculously overpriced stubby plastic tube that you can clamp to the tri-bar
extension. You then use your standard bracket to fit your computer to that. In my case it puts the
computer just in front of the stem, which is perfect. I doubt you'd be able to fit a light as well
though. Maybe if you fitted a second one to the other side?

Francis Thurmer's solution to this problem is to make a lighting bar from a length of PVC plumbing
pipe. This is then festooned with a dazzling array of lamps and fixed onto the drops using 2
re-usable zip ties. This can them be quickly moved from bike to bike.

--
Dave...

Peter wrote:
> I have recently put tri-bars on my Specialized Sirrus. There is now no room left on the handlebars
> for my speedometer and light. I could put them on the tri bars but then they'd be 90 degrees off!

Cateye make some stem and aero bar alternative brackets for their equipment.

~PB

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 20:50:00 -0000, "Peter" <[email protected]> wrote:

<space on handlebars>

>Well that's what I've done for the moment ... but you know what I mean! How can I get them onto the
>tribars or stem or whatever.

Minoura(sp?) Space Grip. A T shaped doofah that bolts onto your handle bars, sticks up a couple of
inches, and has space for gadgets on trhe top. Screws up the aerodynamics though.

Tim
--
In space no one can eat ice cream

Here's someone else's equivalent (Cronometro NOB) http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/accessories.asp