Mounting cateye on stem

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by B, Dec 14, 2003.

  1. B

    B Guest

    I hav a Cateye Mity3 mounted in the usual place on my handlebar. I have seen pictures of one mounted
    on a stem. Does anyone know how this is done? B

    (remove clothes to reply)

    Tags:

  2. Rosco

    Rosco Guest

    "B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I hav a Cateye Mity3 mounted in the usual place on my handlebar. I have
    seen
    > pictures of one mounted on a stem. Does anyone know how this is done? B

    I've often wondered how to do this as well. There is a accessory called the Cronometro NOB (see
    picture at http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/accessories.asp) that appears it might work (assuming the
    band is long enough to go around the stem). I've seen somewhere else that the mounting area on the
    NOB is 20 mm in length which is too short for my computer but may work with others. You would think
    some manufactuer would build an accessory mount point right into their stem design.

  3. MSeries

    MSeries Guest

    rosco" <reverse-the-following"ocsor_g wrote:
    > "B" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > m21.news.cs.com...
    >> I hav a Cateye Mity3 mounted in the usual place on my handlebar. I have seen pictures of one
    >> mounted on a stem. Does anyone know how this is done? B
    >
    > I've often wondered how to do this as well. There is a accessory called the Cronometro NOB (see
    > picture at http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/accessories.asp) that appears it might work (assuming
    > the band is long enough to go around the stem). I've seen somewhere else that the mounting area on
    > the NOB is 20 mm in length which is too short for my computer but may work with others. You would
    > think some manufactuer would build an accessory mount point right into their stem design.

    Cateye do a mount for stems. The instructions for my Tomo list it as an accessory. I have no idea
    where to get one from, I'd like one too.

  4. Chris

    Chris Guest

    I got a stem mount for my Cordless directly from Cateye, but their website now says you have to call
    them, 1-800-522-8393, to order any small parts. I think I only paid about $1.50 for it, but it took
    forever to get, because they were out of them.

  5. Paul Kopit

    Paul Kopit Guest

    Cateye makes a mount for their computer that is for the stem. I zip tie that mount to the stoker
    toptube on the tandem for the stoker cyclometer.

  6. Bill K.

    Bill K. Guest

    Check with your LBS. They might be able to order it from Quality. I'm pretty sure that Quality used
    to stock items for Cateye.

  7. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    B wrote:

    > I hav a Cateye Mity3 mounted in the usual place on my handlebar. I have seen pictures of one
    > mounted on a stem. Does anyone know how this is done? B
    >
    > (remove clothes to reply)
    With a product that adds a small protrusion on the stem or at the side of an aero bar. They are
    light and cheap at any shop which services triathlon bicycles ( we have 'em)

  8. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    MSeries wrote:
    > Cateye do a mount for stems. The instructions for my Tomo list it as an accessory. I have no idea
    > where to get one from, I'd like one too.

    Cateye stem mounts for those in the UK: www.settlecycles.co.uk/shop/list.asp?tid=343 (£10 min order)

    Cyclexpress and St John Street may also have some.

    I don't know if the Tomo is compatible with MT300/ED2 or CD100.

    ~PB

  9. MSeries

    MSeries Guest

    Pete Biggs wrote:
    > MSeries wrote:
    >> Cateye do a mount for stems. The instructions for my Tomo list it as an accessory. I have no idea
    >> where to get one from, I'd like one too.
    >
    > Cateye stem mounts for those in the UK: www.settlecycles.co.uk/shop/list.asp?tid=343 (£10
    > min order)
    >
    > Cyclexpress and St John Street may also have some.
    >
    > I don't know if the Tomo is compatible with MT300/ED2 or CD100.
    >
    > ~PB

    I'll check out the instructions to see what the spares number is. I could just about ride to Settle
    from my house, I estimate about a 120 mile round trip ! Do able on a fine day !

    --
    The Reply & From email addresses are checked rarely. http://www.mseries.freeserve.co.uk