Mounting cateye on stem

I hav a Cateye Mity3 mounted in the usual place on my handlebar. I have seen pictures of one mounted
on a stem. Does anyone know how this is done? B

(remove clothes to reply)

"B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I hav a Cateye Mity3 mounted in the usual place on my handlebar. I have
seen
> pictures of one mounted on a stem. Does anyone know how this is done? B

I've often wondered how to do this as well. There is a accessory called the Cronometro NOB (see
picture at http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/accessories.asp) that appears it might work (assuming the
band is long enough to go around the stem). I've seen somewhere else that the mounting area on the
NOB is 20 mm in length which is too short for my computer but may work with others. You would think
some manufactuer would build an accessory mount point right into their stem design.

rosco" <reverse-the-following"ocsor_g wrote:
> "B" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:20031214085143.15826.00000531@mb-
> m21.news.cs.com...
>> I hav a Cateye Mity3 mounted in the usual place on my handlebar. I have seen pictures of one
>> mounted on a stem. Does anyone know how this is done? B
>
> I've often wondered how to do this as well. There is a accessory called the Cronometro NOB (see
> picture at http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/accessories.asp) that appears it might work (assuming
> the band is long enough to go around the stem). I've seen somewhere else that the mounting area on
> the NOB is 20 mm in length which is too short for my computer but may work with others. You would
> think some manufactuer would build an accessory mount point right into their stem design.

Cateye do a mount for stems. The instructions for my Tomo list it as an accessory. I have no idea
where to get one from, I'd like one too.

I got a stem mount for my Cordless directly from Cateye, but their website now says you have to call
them, 1-800-522-8393, to order any small parts. I think I only paid about $1.50 for it, but it took
forever to get, because they were out of them.

Cateye makes a mount for their computer that is for the stem. I zip tie that mount to the stoker
toptube on the tandem for the stoker cyclometer.

Check with your LBS. They might be able to order it from Quality. I'm pretty sure that Quality used
to stock items for Cateye.

B wrote:

> I hav a Cateye Mity3 mounted in the usual place on my handlebar. I have seen pictures of one
> mounted on a stem. Does anyone know how this is done? B
>
> (remove clothes to reply)
With a product that adds a small protrusion on the stem or at the side of an aero bar. They are
light and cheap at any shop which services triathlon bicycles ( we have 'em)

MSeries wrote:
> Cateye do a mount for stems. The instructions for my Tomo list it as an accessory. I have no idea
> where to get one from, I'd like one too.

Cateye stem mounts for those in the UK: www.settlecycles.co.uk/shop/list.asp?tid=343 (£10 min order)

Cyclexpress and St John Street may also have some.

I don't know if the Tomo is compatible with MT300/ED2 or CD100.

~PB

Pete Biggs wrote:
> MSeries wrote:
>> Cateye do a mount for stems. The instructions for my Tomo list it as an accessory. I have no idea
>> where to get one from, I'd like one too.
>
> Cateye stem mounts for those in the UK: www.settlecycles.co.uk/shop/list.asp?tid=343 (£10
> min order)
>
> Cyclexpress and St John Street may also have some.
>
> I don't know if the Tomo is compatible with MT300/ED2 or CD100.
>
> ~PB

I'll check out the instructions to see what the spares number is. I could just about ride to Settle
from my house, I estimate about a 120 mile round trip ! Do able on a fine day !

--
The Reply & From email addresses are checked rarely. http://www.mseries.freeserve.co.uk