mounting fender on Rock Shox TT fork

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Bicyclette, Jan 28, 2004.

  1. Bicyclette

    Bicyclette Guest

    I got the Judy TT suspension fork for my ATB. However I can't seem to transfer my fender from my old
    non-suspension fork. The front fender has the 2 arms that connect to the eyelets on the side of the
    old fork. The Judy TT has one eyelet on one side??!! Is there such a thing as a bracket that can be
    used for the other side to create an eyelet. Or do I have to get a fender without arms.

    Tags:

  2. Bicyclette

    Bicyclette Guest

    bicyclette wrote:

    > I got the Judy TT suspension fork for my ATB. However I can't seem to transfer my fender from
    > my old non-suspension fork. The front fender has the 2 arms that connect to the eyelets on the
    > side of the old fork. The Judy TT has one eyelet on one side??!! Is there such a thing as a
    > bracket that can be used for the other side to create an eyelet. Or do I have to get a fender
    > without arms.

    OK, I found in an old thread " d-shaped metal clips with a black plastic coating that come in
    various sizes and are the best solution for mounting fenders to forkends (front or rear) w/o
    eyelets." also "zipties" local h/w store has them in electrical section.

  3. Naveed

    Naveed Guest

    On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 11:35:32 -0500, bicyclette wrote:

    > I got the Judy TT suspension fork for my ATB. However I can't seem to transfer my fender from
    > my old non-suspension fork. The front fender has the 2 arms that connect to the eyelets on the
    > side of the old fork. The Judy TT has one eyelet on one side??!! Is there such a thing as a
    > bracket that can be used for the other side to create an eyelet. Or do I have to get a fender
    > without arms.

    I had a similar issue on my forks, no eyelets. I tried various things and ended up using pipe clamps
    (the metal clamps that tighten as you screw them with a bolt placed through them ad rubber
    underneath. i then connected the fenders the the out facing bold and attatched a nut. They aren't
    the prettiest things, but have worked out fine for me.

  4. Pete Grey

    Pete Grey Guest

    You don't want to do this if you're going to attach the fender around the
    fork crown as well.
    The movement of shocks are going to cause some problems:-]

    There are some nifty fenders made that attach inside the fork steerer, I've used one for many years
    on my MTB without problems, and it was cheap!

    -pete