mounting fender on Rock Shox TT fork

Bicyclette

Guest
I got the Judy TT suspension fork for my ATB. However I can't seem to transfer my fender from my old
non-suspension fork. The front fender has the 2 arms that connect to the eyelets on the side of the
old fork. The Judy TT has one eyelet on one side??!! Is there such a thing as a bracket that can be
used for the other side to create an eyelet. Or do I have to get a fender without arms.

bicyclette wrote:

> I got the Judy TT suspension fork for my ATB. However I can't seem to transfer my fender from
> my old non-suspension fork. The front fender has the 2 arms that connect to the eyelets on the
> side of the old fork. The Judy TT has one eyelet on one side??!! Is there such a thing as a
> bracket that can be used for the other side to create an eyelet. Or do I have to get a fender
> without arms.

OK, I found in an old thread " d-shaped metal clips with a black plastic coating that come in
various sizes and are the best solution for mounting fenders to forkends (front or rear) w/o
eyelets." also "zipties" local h/w store has them in electrical section.

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 11:35:32 -0500, bicyclette wrote:

> I got the Judy TT suspension fork for my ATB. However I can't seem to transfer my fender from
> my old non-suspension fork. The front fender has the 2 arms that connect to the eyelets on the
> side of the old fork. The Judy TT has one eyelet on one side??!! Is there such a thing as a
> bracket that can be used for the other side to create an eyelet. Or do I have to get a fender
> without arms.

I had a similar issue on my forks, no eyelets. I tried various things and ended up using pipe clamps
(the metal clamps that tighten as you screw them with a bolt placed through them ad rubber
underneath. i then connected the fenders the the out facing bold and attatched a nut. They aren't
the prettiest things, but have worked out fine for me.

You don't want to do this if you're going to attach the fender around the
fork crown as well.
The movement of shocks are going to cause some problems:-]

There are some nifty fenders made that attach inside the fork steerer, I've used one for many years
on my MTB without problems, and it was cheap!

-pete