Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Mounting fenders on Klein mtb

Started by Jean · · Last activity · 1 post · 458 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
5 August 2004
Last activity
5 August 2004
Original author
Jean
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
458
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I've got an old Klein Pinnacle that I use as a utility bike and I want to
    get some full fenders (Planet Bike's Freddy Fenders) for it. I looked at
    the online mounting instructions for the rear fender and I anticipate that
    the Klein "chainstay bridge" and the resulting route of the front
    derailleur cable might make mounting a fender impossible: (1) The Klein
    "bridge" is actually a solid piece of aluminum running from the usual
    bridge position forward to the seat stay. (2) The derailleur cable comes up
    thru the "bridge" on the left side and then angles rightward to the
    derailleur. It seems to me that I won't be able to clip the fender to the
    seat stay without interfering with the cable. Has anyone tried mounting
    full fenders on an old Klein?

    Jean

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.