Mounting lights on V-Rex f-der post

Rex Kerr

Guest
I finally got around to mounting my headlights on the front derailler post on my V-Rex (after having
asked about it almost a month ago).

I thought the results might help another here, so I wrote up a summary with photos and put it at:

http://www.twowheels.us/bicycles/vrex_headlight.html

Thanks to everybody who gave suggestions and links to their setups when I sent my query.

-Rex

Rex, Looks good,I've used Space Grips for mirror mounts,just use the clamp ,and the same way you
did. I like the way you made up the expansion clamp from easily obtainable parts,good design. Also
really good pictures and instructions,should be very helpful too others . Ben Fox "Rex Kerr"
<[email protected]> wrote in message news:jj%[email protected]...
> I finally got around to mounting my headlights on the front derailler post on my V-Rex (after
> having asked about it almost a month ago).
>
> I thought the results might help another here, so I wrote up a summary with photos and put it at:
>
> http://www.twowheels.us/bicycles/vrex_headlight.html
>
> Thanks to everybody who gave suggestions and links to their setups when I sent my query.
>
> -Rex

Rex Kerr <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<jj%[email protected]>...
> I finally got around to mounting my headlights on the front derailler post on my V-Rex (after
> having asked about it almost a month ago).
>
> I thought the results might help another here, so I wrote up a summary with photos and put it at:
>
> http://www.twowheels.us/bicycles/vrex_headlight.html

Great info page, but I've got a comment on the Space Grip.

The Space Grip can be mounted directly to the front deraileur tube. Others have reported doing it
directly, though I had to remove the front deraileur and slide the Space Grip down. The small
size SG should fit between the cranks - I used the large one and used a pipe cutter to narrow the
cross bar.

Morgan.

Morgan Jones wrote:
> Great info page, but I've got a comment on the Space Grip.
>
> The Space Grip can be mounted directly to the front deraileur tube. Others have reported doing it
> directly, though I had to remove the front deraileur and slide the Space Grip down. The small
> size SG should fit between the cranks - I used the large one and used a pipe cutter to narrow the
> cross bar.

Hmm... I wasn't offered two sizes, just took what was available. :)

As for putting the SG on the front der post... I looked it over a few times, and it looked like it
might fit, but it appeared that it would be a very tight fit that would probably scratch up the
bike, so I decided to top mount it.

I'll add a comment to my page later so that others will know that they might have other options.

Thanks, -Rex