Mounting lights on V-Rex f-der post

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Rex Kerr, Apr 18, 2003.

  1. Rex Kerr

    Rex Kerr Guest

    I finally got around to mounting my headlights on the front derailler post on my V-Rex (after having
    asked about it almost a month ago).

    I thought the results might help another here, so I wrote up a summary with photos and put it at:

    http://www.twowheels.us/bicycles/vrex_headlight.html

    Thanks to everybody who gave suggestions and links to their setups when I sent my query.

    -Rex

    Tags:

  2. Ben Fox

    Ben Fox Guest

    Rex, Looks good,I've used Space Grips for mirror mounts,just use the clamp ,and the same way you
    did. I like the way you made up the expansion clamp from easily obtainable parts,good design. Also
    really good pictures and instructions,should be very helpful too others . Ben Fox "Rex Kerr"
    <[email protected]> wrote in message news:jj%[email protected]...
    > I finally got around to mounting my headlights on the front derailler post on my V-Rex (after
    > having asked about it almost a month ago).
    >
    > I thought the results might help another here, so I wrote up a summary with photos and put it at:
    >
    > http://www.twowheels.us/bicycles/vrex_headlight.html
    >
    > Thanks to everybody who gave suggestions and links to their setups when I sent my query.
    >
    > -Rex

  3. Morgan Jones

    Morgan Jones Guest

    Rex Kerr <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<jj%[email protected]>...
    > I finally got around to mounting my headlights on the front derailler post on my V-Rex (after
    > having asked about it almost a month ago).
    >
    > I thought the results might help another here, so I wrote up a summary with photos and put it at:
    >
    > http://www.twowheels.us/bicycles/vrex_headlight.html

    Great info page, but I've got a comment on the Space Grip.

    The Space Grip can be mounted directly to the front deraileur tube. Others have reported doing it
    directly, though I had to remove the front deraileur and slide the Space Grip down. The small
    size SG should fit between the cranks - I used the large one and used a pipe cutter to narrow the
    cross bar.

    Morgan.

  4. Rex Kerr

    Rex Kerr Guest

    Morgan Jones wrote:
    > Great info page, but I've got a comment on the Space Grip.
    >
    > The Space Grip can be mounted directly to the front deraileur tube. Others have reported doing it
    > directly, though I had to remove the front deraileur and slide the Space Grip down. The small
    > size SG should fit between the cranks - I used the large one and used a pipe cutter to narrow the
    > cross bar.

    Hmm... I wasn't offered two sizes, just took what was available. :)

    As for putting the SG on the front der post... I looked it over a few times, and it looked like it
    might fit, but it appeared that it would be a very tight fit that would probably scratch up the
    bike, so I decided to top mount it.

    I'll add a comment to my page later so that others will know that they might have other options.

    Thanks, -Rex