Mounting of Rhode Gear Limo seat

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Craig Williams, Jun 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I just bought a used Rhode Gear Limo child seat. I have the Blackburn EX-1 rack installed on my
    bike. I can't figure out how to install the seat on the rack. The previous owner didn't have a clue
    how to get it off - he took it to a LBS for removal. I don't want to force something a break a
    critical piece of plastic!

Any help would be appreciated.

Craig

[to reply directly, change the VERB to a NUMERAL]

Tags:

2. Michael

Michael Guest

> I just bought a used Rhode Gear Limo child seat. I have the Blackburn EX-1 rack installed on my
    > bike. I can't figure out how to install the seat on the rack. The previous owner didn't have a
    > clue how to get it off - he took it to a LBS for removal. I don't want to force something a break
    > a critical piece of plastic!

I don't have the seat or bike in front of me, so this is from memory.

1) The seat slides over the rack from back to front. There are plastic channels on the bottom of the
    seat that grab around the top side bars of the rack as it slides on.
    2) Then there is a lever-type thing at the back bottom of the seat that you have to push down as you
    slide the seat so it (the lever) slides under and engages a crossbar on the top of the rack; this
    keeps the seat in place (keeps it from sliding back), and is what makes it difficult/impossible
    to take the seat off if you don't push it down. I think there's also a black plastic stick on a
    tether that you clip into openings on the top of this lever thing to lock it to the crossbar.
    3) There's a strap at the front of the seat (seatbelt-type webbing with a metal clip) that you have
    to wrap around the seatpost and clip back on itself.

Enjoy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.