Mounting Polar speed sensor on aero fork

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Giganews, Mar 20, 2003.

  1. Giganews

    Giganews Guest

    This thing appears to be sculpted such that it would fit very nicely on a standard, more-or-less
    round cross-sectioned fork leg. But the aero fork to which I would like to attach it is not such a
    good fit. Does polar make anything more accomodating that will install on, say, a flat surface? The
    radius at the leading edge of the fork is too tight for the sensor to hold in place without some
    sort of jury rig.

    It looks like they got too cute with the mount.

    Bill _/)_

    Tags:

  2. Jedharrison

    Jedharrison Guest

    I've mounted two of these, one to an "aero" LOOK HS3C, and the other to a fat straight-bladed
    aluminum fork (photos if need be).

    On the LOOK, I mounted the sensor on the rear of the left side fork blade. It actually is opposite a
    Ciclo sensor on the front side of the fork, and "shares" the same magnet.

    On my Peugeot Alu, I mounted it on the front side of the left side fork.

    The fit is good with the rubber pad, and the zip ties allow a bit of movement so that you can fine
    tune the clearance between sensor and magnet. As you may have already guessed, I mounted the Polar
    handlebar mount on the left side of the bar, and have experienced no problems getting a signal.

    Good luck-

    jed