Mounting Polar speed sensor on aero fork

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Giganews

This thing appears to be sculpted such that it would fit very nicely on a standard, more-or-less
round cross-sectioned fork leg. But the aero fork to which I would like to attach it is not such a
good fit. Does polar make anything more accomodating that will install on, say, a flat surface? The
radius at the leading edge of the fork is too tight for the sensor to hold in place without some
sort of jury rig.

It looks like they got too cute with the mount.

Bill _/)_

I've mounted two of these, one to an "aero" LOOK HS3C, and the other to a fat straight-bladed
aluminum fork (photos if need be).

On the LOOK, I mounted the sensor on the rear of the left side fork blade. It actually is opposite a
Ciclo sensor on the front side of the fork, and "shares" the same magnet.

On my Peugeot Alu, I mounted it on the front side of the left side fork.

The fit is good with the rubber pad, and the zip ties allow a bit of movement so that you can fine
tune the clearance between sensor and magnet. As you may have already guessed, I mounted the Polar
handlebar mount on the left side of the bar, and have experienced no problems getting a signal.

Good luck-

jed

GigaNews wrote:

> This thing appears to be sculpted such that it would fit very nicely on a standard, more-or-less
> round cross-sectioned fork leg. But the aero fork to which I would like to attach it is not such a
> good fit. Does polar make anything more accomodating that will install on, say, a flat surface?
> The radius at the leading edge of the fork is too tight for the sensor to hold in place without
> some sort of jury rig.
>
> It looks like they got too cute with the mount.
>
> Bill _/)_

Status
Not open for further replies.