Mounting the $5 Planet Bike Cascadia fender flaps

landotter

Guest
These came today. Barely three business days as I ordered them in the
afternoon. Impressive! Opened the package. As expected, but even
rubberier feeling. Nice. They come with four sets of plastic rivets.

If you have Hardcore flaps, you've got to drill out the original metal
rivets and enlarge the hole in the fender by one size. I didn't see
what size it was because my workspace was dim this evening, but one
bit size up, be it yank or metric sizing so the rivets fit. They
should click twice when compressing together.

Took a good fifteen minutes with having to remove the wheels and
remove the originals. Recommended for anybody that has the Hardcores.
For $5 you upgrade to a fender that's about as top notch as ya'd ever
want.

Woo woo! Flaps!

landotter wrote:
> These came today. Barely three business days as I ordered them in the
> afternoon. Impressive! Opened the package. As expected, but even
> rubberier feeling. Nice. They come with four sets of plastic rivets.
>
> If you have Hardcore flaps, you've got to drill out the original metal
> rivets and enlarge the hole in the fender by one size. I didn't see
> what size it was because my workspace was dim this evening, but one
> bit size up, be it yank or metric sizing so the rivets fit. They
> should click twice when compressing together.
>
> Took a good fifteen minutes with having to remove the wheels and
> remove the originals. Recommended for anybody that has the Hardcores.
> For $5 you upgrade to a fender that's about as top notch as ya'd ever
> want.
> Woo woo! Flaps!

In a recent random survey, about 12.5% of riders choose mudflaps:
http://www.yellowjersey.org/nyd8.html

Maybe you can jumpstart a fashion trend.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

On Jan 1, 2:45 pm, A Muzi <[email protected]> wrote:
> landotter wrote:
> > These came today. Barely three business days as I ordered them in the
> > afternoon. Impressive! Opened the package. As expected, but even
> > rubberier feeling. Nice. They come with four sets of plastic rivets.

> > If you have Hardcore flaps, you've got to drill out the original metal
> > rivets and enlarge the hole in the fender by one size. I didn't see
> > what size it was because my workspace was dim this evening, but one
> > bit size up, be it yank or metric sizing so the rivets fit. They
> > should click twice when compressing together.

> > Took a good fifteen minutes with having to remove the wheels and
> > remove the originals. Recommended for anybody that has the Hardcores.
> > For $5 you upgrade to a fender that's about as top notch as ya'd ever
> > want.
> > Woo woo! Flaps!

> In a recent random survey, about 12.5% of riders choose mudflaps:http://www.yellowjersey.org/nyd8.html
>
> Maybe you can jumpstart a fashion trend.

Coincidence strikes: the fenders I mounted them to were pulled from a
Redline like the one in the first photo, which I see the rider has
blasphemed with drop bars!

My ride shall commence shortly, the fueling came first: shrimp,
mackerel, iced tea, potatoes, boiled eggs, matjes herring, and all the
other standard cycling cuisine you're no doubt familiar with.