moutain tires & wheel size query

Status

Dilbert Firesto

Guest
hey all,

what do I need to look for in getting the right size wheel & tire?

I would like to get mountain tires for my bike, but it may not be possible. size may be an issue...

my bike is an Response F-S 12 speed. its an old bike I bought from sears.

the tires it currently uses are 27" X 1-1/4 or 1-1/8 (not sure which)

comments are welcome

Spademan O----L

Guest
"Dilbert Firestorm" <[email protected]*no_spam*I-55*no_spam*.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> hey all,
>
> what do I need to look for in getting the right size wheel & tire?
>
> I would like to get mountain tires for my bike, but it may not be
possible. size
> may be an issue...
>
> my bike is an Response F-S 12 speed. its an old bike I bought from sears.
>
> the tires it currently uses are 27" X 1-1/4 or 1-1/8 (not sure which)
>
> comments are welcome

Dilbert I have no idea what kinds of tyres you will be able to get, but who cares, I'd just like to
commend you on your most excellent name....

Steve E.

Mark Hickey

Guest
Dilbert Firestorm <[email protected]*no_spam*I-55*no_spam*.com> wrote:

>what do I need to look for in getting the right size wheel & tire?
>
>I would like to get mountain tires for my bike, but it may not be possible. size may be an issue...
>
>my bike is an Response F-S 12 speed. its an old bike I bought from sears.
>
>the tires it currently uses are 27" X 1-1/4 or 1-1/8 (not sure which)

Check out the Tioga Bloodhound (available in 27x1-3/8") or the slightly less knobby Kenda Kross
Cyclo (also 27" x 1-3/8").

Just make sure you have enough clearance to mount them on your bike before buying them.

Dilbert Firesto

Guest
Mark Hickey wrote:
> Dilbert Firestorm <[email protected]*no_spam*I-55*no_spam*.com> wrote:
>

>>what do I need to look for in getting the right size wheel & tire?
>>
>>I would like to get mountain tires for my bike, but it may not be possible. size may be an
>>issue...
>>
>>my bike is an Response F-S 12 speed. its an old bike I bought from sears.
>>
>>the tires it currently uses are 27" X 1-1/4 or 1-1/8 (not sure which)
>

> Check out the Tioga Bloodhound (available in 27x1-3/8") or the slightly less knobby Kenda Kross
> Cyclo (also 27" x 1-3/8").
>
> Just make sure you have enough clearance to mount them on your bike before buying them.
>

> Mark Hickey Habanero Cycles http://www.habcycles.com Home of the $695 ti frame

will it work with 26"?

Westie

Guest
"Dilbert Firestorm" <[email protected]*no_spam*I-55*no_spam*.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Mark Hickey wrote:
> > Dilbert Firestorm <[email protected]*no_spam*I-55*no_spam*.com> wrote:
> >

> >>what do I need to look for in getting the right size wheel & tire?
> >>
> >>I would like to get mountain tires for my bike, but it may not be
possible. size
> >>may be an issue...
> >>
> >>my bike is an Response F-S 12 speed. its an old bike I bought from
sears.

> >>the tires it currently uses are 27" X 1-1/4 or 1-1/8 (not sure which)
> >

> > Check out the Tioga Bloodhound (available in 27x1-3/8") or the slightly less knobby Kenda Kross
> > Cyclo (also 27" x 1-3/8").
> >
> > Just make sure you have enough clearance to mount them on your bike before buying them.
> >

> > Mark Hickey Habanero Cycles http://www.habcycles.com Home of the $695 ti frame
>

> will it work with 26"?

Ummm... didn't you say that it had >>>>27"<<<< x1-1/4" or 1-1/8" already? If so, Yes. 27" x 1-3/8"
will work just fine.
--
Westie

Status