Moving Average Power

jhuskey said:
Quote: Originally Posted by alienator .

You show an interesting bias in your forgiveness. You'll notice that the massive weight of your admonition to AOG changed nothing. Very effective.

No bias, I am guesiing I am just a hell of lot busier than you in my business life. I also try and not shoot from the hip , otherwise myself and others here owe you absolutely nothing. Deal with it!
What ever. Toss your threats and claims of forgiveness about. No one owes you, Steve, or any of the mods anything either, bub. Deal with it.

Originally Posted by An old Guy .

1) Perhaps you should read more carefully. I said you used the same names for power training zones as those used for heart rate training zones.

2) You have previously said that TSS predicts nothing. And that no papers have been published that test any of its predictions.

I gave a series of intervals that anyone can do that show that IF of 1.20 is easy to maintain for an hour or two. (I guess that deals with normalized power also. I guess that gets rid of that LT relationship.)

I gave an example ( low effort Long time) that showed that glycogen depletion can be 40% (if I recall correctly) different than what TSS "predicts." At that time you disavowed the relationship between TSS and glycogen usage. Simple ride anyone can do.

You made a claim that 1500TSS/week for extended periods of time is impossible. I guess that is one of those "impossible intervals." You made it without proof. I suggested that for $10K/month many people here would prove you wrong. (I don't get paid to prove you wrong, but I am doing ever 1500TSS/week.) I don't know what the other intervals are, but perhaps you could post one and do some "science" to show it is impossible.

3) I used the phrase "heart rate zones" where Dr. Banister and those who tested his theories used "heart rate." Unimportant slip of the tongue.

----

When you write your comments, you should make them consistent with your prior comments. Otherwise you paint yourself as a fraud.

What confounds you is that power can be coupled to or uncoupled from heart rate. While heart rate may be used to make the predictions, you make for power. Your claims are only true when power and heart rate are coupled and you misrepresent the causal factor as power rather than heart rate.

1. The fact that I gave approximate heart rate-based guidelines for my training levels so that people could better relate to them does not change the fact that any and all analysis using them should be based on power (meaning whatever your heart rate does is, as I said, irrelevant).

2a. Again, you're practicing revisionist history: I said that TSS was not designed to predict any one specific thing, but rather global physiological strain - not that it doesn't predict anything.

2b. As for your theoretical examples, they mean nothing in the absence of data - which you have yet to present.

2c. Again, more revisionist history: I have never claimed that sustaining a TSS of 1500/wk (CTL > 200 TSS/d) is impossible - just pointed out that empirical data indicate that few, if any, individuals have demonstrated the ability to do so, at least when training like a racing cyclist.

bubsy said:
Quote: Originally Posted by An old Guy . You made a claim that 1500TSS/week for extended periods of time is impossible. I guess that is one of those "impossible intervals." You made it without proof. I suggested that for $10K/month many people here would prove you wrong. (I don't get paid to prove you wrong, but I am doing ever 1500TSS/week.) I don't know what the other intervals are, but perhaps you could post one and do some "science" to show it is impossible..

1500TSS/week? me too, been doing this for months now and feeling ok so might start to wind things up a little before I taper off for the Tour,
what do you recommend 1600 - 1800 TSS/week for ~6wks then back off and start to peak?
I recommend 2500TSS a week for a few months because keeping up with Contador when he's back off suspension is gonna be a tad hard if you don't ;) Looking a Fletcha's power files from the Tour, where he was super aggressive and in the break on more than just a few days - including the monster stage in the Alps, I don't think he even went over 1500TSS a week in the second and third weeks. Given they're the best of the best and consequently recover better than we peons and that they're fcuked out their skulls come the third week (yes a mere 2.5 weeks and they can't take much more) kinda confirms that when your FTP is set correctly Old Guys claims are complete horsesh1t. That said, Old Guy is just a master baiter - he probably doesn't believe what he's saying, he just puts this stuff out there to get a bite.

Originally Posted by alienator .

What ever. Toss your threats and claims of forgiveness about. No one owes you, Steve, or any of the mods anything either, bub. Deal with it.
Please explain, what threat? Maybe you should pick up your toys pout and leave the forum for a year or so. Oh, you aleady did that once.

I like how OG claims to do all of these never ending rides adding up to a weekly TSS of 1500, yet somehow he still finds time to frequently visit this forum and post his BS. OG, your incoherent rants frequently attack others like Coggan for not providing more evidence in their theories, while we have no evidence that you as much own a bike, let alone a bike with a power meter. In fact the more **** you post that demonstrates your complete lack of understanding regarding training, let alone training with power, I for one doubt you even ride a bike. I personally think you are some mouth breather who never had and never will have the physical fitness to ride, and this forum just provides you a place to live vicariously as "Old Guy", an amazing cyclist knocking out 1500 TSS per week, shelling Cat 1 and 2 racers as your ride tempo.

So here is my challenge to you, post a photo of your bike with a PM on it, to prove that it is your bike and power meter write Old Guy and the date on a piece of paper to be included in the photo.