Moving On

Bro Deal

Jun 26, 2006
Maybe this counts as spam, but this site is now barely on life support. No new members have been given permission to post since the Great Spam Flood that occurred many months ago. The 'User CP' link does not work. You can still edit your account by taking a quick link, but if you change your e-mail address then your account becomes useless. The owner has abandoned the site, is too busy to maintain it, or is dead.

Forums like the Cafe and Tech that rely upon noobs have, of course, wilted. Other forums contain virtually nothing but old spam threads. Forums that still have activity are only being kept alive by long term members who are clinging to site, and even those members are slowly dwindling. In short this place will soon be dead.

Anyway a bunch of us in the GT forum have decided to move to the forum at http://www.thecyclepeople.com/forum/index.php It looks like a better choice than those over-moderated forums like RBR and BF. :D And the owner seems willing to add forums or features that the members request. Check it out.

I think that perhaps the only really active left on this entire site are the cycling training and power forums. Some quite interesting discussions taking place there most of the time, worth reading if you want to get fast.

Here here Bro. I've been a member there for a few months. It's only a new site... but it has software similar to here... and some added features. The more people that join there (TCP) from here... the better it will be. And they allow new members of course. In fact... some have joined at TCP complaining that they have been forced to lurk on CF because they haven't been given posting privileges here.

It will be sad to see the demise of this site if new members are continually prevented from joining... but it doesn't seem like the owner has any interest in communicating with the membership.

Note - BTW I have no connection or interest in the TCP forum site... other than wanting as many CFers to join as possible.

jhuskey said:
I'm scared of change! :eek:
Lol, I SO knew it. I was actually wondering what it would take to get jman to create an account there and actually check in . . . :rolleyes: :D

C'dale Girl said:
Lol, I SO knew it. I was actually wondering what it would take to get jman to create an account there and actually check in . . . :rolleyes: :D
You were wondering???

All the hot chicks are already over there, j...;)

nns1400 said:
You were wondering???

All the hot chicks are already over there, j...;)
Geez, why didn't I think of that?

Duh, just let him know that's where all the cheerleaders are hanging out. :p

C'dale Girl said:
Geez, why didn't I think of that?

Duh, just let him know that's where all the cheerleaders are hanging out. :p

What parts are actually hanging out?

Ava Marie said:
Can someone email House and tell him to sign up?
What a great idea. Now all we need is Flyer/Doctor.House joining and it will be like a class reunion...
confused0065.gif

Crankyfeet said:
What a great idea. Now all we need is Flyer/Doctor.House joining and it will be like a class reunion...
confused0065.gif
I'll bring the RAID....;)

How many months would it take me to get a bad reputation in a new forum?
I already have one established here.

jhuskey said:
How many months would it take me to get a bad reputation in a new forum?
I already have one established here.
Well, we can all start out by telling everyone what a very bbbaaaadddd boy you are j, if that will help . . . how the guys are all afraid of you and how your the ladies' man with your bad boy image and all . . . :rolleyes:

C'dale Girl said:
Well, we can all start out by telling everyone what a very bbbaaaadddd boy you are j, if that will help . . . how the guys are all afraid of you and how your the ladies' man with your bad boy image and all . . . :rolleyes:

C: You should probably think about taking some creative writing classes since you sort of sound sarcastic. I know you are trying to convey a serious tone so it must be a mistake in sentence structure. :rolleyes:

jhuskey said:
C: You should probably think about taking some creative writing classes since you sort of sound sarcastic. I know you are trying to convey a serious tone so it must be a mistake in sentence structure. :rolleyes:
Yeah... The guys being afraid of you is obviously 180 degree sarcasm... but that means following on that you aren't a ladies' man. Since C knows you pretty well... are you a mans' man?...
confused.gif
eek.gif