Moving to New Mexico...

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Daniel Cooke, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Daniel Cooke

    Daniel Cooke Guest

    We are moving from the San Francisco Bay Area to the Santa Fe, NM Area within the next month or so.
    Although I am going to miss the trails here big time, I am looking forward to the great biking in
    NM. I have ridden some great trails up in the Sandia Mountains above Albuquerque, but I am not sure
    what is in Santa Fe and other parts of the state. Any suggestions on the best trails?

    DGC

    [email protected]

    Tags:

  2. like you said, there are good trails in the Sandia's. i assume you are talking of the ski-lift
    ones? anyway, on the west side foothills (above Tramway and north of Montgomery) there are some
    good ones too. check out Albuquerque Bike Center and ask them for some spots, they'll hook you up.
    the Archangel

    On Wed, 4 Dec 2002 19:19:43 -0800, "Daniel Cooke" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >We are moving from the San Francisco Bay Area to the Santa Fe, NM Area within the next month or so.
    >Although I am going to miss the trails here big time, I am looking forward to the great biking in
    >NM. I have ridden some great trails up in the Sandia Mountains above Albuquerque, but I am not sure
    >what is in Santa Fe and other parts of the state. Any suggestions on the best trails?
    >
    >DGC
    >
    >[email protected]

  3. Daniel Cooke

    Daniel Cooke Guest

    Thanks for the info. The trail that I have ridden up in the Sandia's was off the Tijeras exit
    somewhere off of 337. Great single-track trails. I'm sure there is something closer to Santa Fe that
    is notable. I have seen a lot of bikers in that area....

    DGC

    "the Archangel" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]x.com...
    > like you said, there are good trails in the Sandia's. i assume you are talking of the ski-lift
    > ones? anyway, on the west side foothills (above Tramway and north of Montgomery) there are some
    > good ones too. check out Albuquerque Bike Center and ask them for some spots, they'll hook you up.
    > the Archangel
    >
    > On Wed, 4 Dec 2002 19:19:43 -0800, "Daniel Cooke" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >We are moving from the San Francisco Bay Area to the Santa Fe, NM Area within the next month
    > >or so. Although I am going to miss the trails here big time, I am looking forward to the great
    > >biking in NM. I have ridden some great trails up in the Sandia Mountains above Albuquerque,
    > >but I am
    not
    > >sure what is in Santa Fe and other parts of the state. Any suggestions on the best trails?
    > >
    > >DGC
    > >
    > >[email protected]

  4. Reco Diver

    Reco Diver Guest

    "Daniel Cooke" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > We are moving from the San Francisco Bay Area to the Santa Fe, NM Area within the next month or
    > so. Although I am going to miss the trails here big time, I am looking forward to the great biking
    > in NM. I have ridden some great trails up in the Sandia Mountains above Albuquerque, but I am not
    > sure what is in Santa Fe and other parts of the state. Any suggestions on the best trails?
    >
    > DGC
    >
    > [email protected]

    You don't have to dive an hour plus for good trails.

    In Santa Fe

    Atalaya Trail Borrego Trail Dale Ball North, Central, and South.

    In Los Alamos Agua Piedra Trail Los Alamos charcoal Trail Pajarito Trail

    Farmington has some great riding also. Most of the high trails in the north are under snow, but
    there are a few groups going out on snowshoes this time of year.

    See http://www.swcp.com/nmcycling/ For New Mexico racing and riding. They have a very active
    email group.

    The low elevation (under 5,000 ft.) trails down south are still snow free.

    Reco