General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Mozzarella Pasta Salad Recipe

Started by Puester · · Last activity · 3 posts · 407 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
7 April 2004
Last activity
8 April 2004
Original author
Puester
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
407
Views / 30 days
2

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. This sounded delicious. I'm making it for dinner, with
    grilled salmon and a green salad. Recipe came from a tub of
    fresh mozzarellas.

    Mozzarella-Pasta Salad

    1 pkg. (16 oz.) rotellini, campanelle, or farflle pasta 1
    cup good olive oil 2 bunches of basil, stems removed, finely
    julienned 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped 2 Tbsp. parsley,
    finely chopped 2 fist-sized mozzarella balls, cubed 1 Tbsp.
    red wine vinegar
    1/2 c. chopped black or Kalamata olives or olive tapanade
    salt and pepper to taste

    Cook pasta following pkg. directions until al dente. Drain
    and mix with remaining ingredients. Serve at room
    temperature.

    Note: I think this would be good with strips of bottled
    roasted red pepper and canned or cooked cannelini or
    black beans added. The addition of diced ham or cooked
    chicken wouldn't hurt, either.

    gloria p

  2. "Puester" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    This sounded delicious. I'm making it for dinner, with
    grilled salmon and a green salad. Recipe came from a tub
    of fresh mozzarellas.

    Mozzarella-Pasta Salad

    1 pkg. (16 oz.) rotellini, campanelle, or farflle pasta 1
    cup good olive oil 2 bunches of basil, stems removed,
    finely julienned 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped 2 Tbsp.
    parsley, finely chopped 2 fist-sized mozzarella balls,
    cubed 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
    1/2 c. chopped black or Kalamata olives or olive tapanade
    salt and pepper to taste

    Cook pasta following pkg. directions until al dente. Drain
    and mix with remaining ingredients. Serve at room
    temperature.

    Note: I think this would be good with strips of bottled
    roasted red pepper and canned or cooked cannelini or
    black beans added. The addition of diced ham or
    cooked chicken wouldn't hurt, either.

    gloria p

    That's it? That's so simple and sounds delicious! I'd
    probably add salami.............

    kili

  3. kilikini said:


    "Puester" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    This sounded delicious. I'm making it for dinner, with
    grilled salmon and a green salad. Recipe came from a tub
    of fresh mozzarellas.

    Mozzarella-Pasta Salad


    (recipe snipped)

    Quoted message said:


    That's it? That's so simple and sounds delicious! I'd
    probably add salami.............

    kili


    ---

    It WAS delicious. I also added a few finely chopped green
    onions. Salami would be great, or thinly sliced pepperoni. I
    used a fairly mild, fruity olive oil (1/2 cup instead of a
    full cup) and it was perfect.

    gloria p

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.