MP3 player for running

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by [email protected], Sep 25, 2005.

  1. Hi,

    I want to buy an MP3 player for runnning which has an armband as I
    relly don't fancy putting it in my pocket. Does anyone have any
    recommendations?

    Thanks

    Tony

    Tags:

  2. Ben Gun

    Ben Gun Guest

    No, but I think it is even better to have it build in to your
    headphones. I once saw headphones that had an fm radio on one side and
    an mp3 player on the other. No cables.

    just an idea.
    Ben

    On 25 Sep 2005 23:00:16 -0700, [email protected] wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I want to buy an MP3 player for runnning which has an armband as I
    >relly don't fancy putting it in my pocket. Does anyone have any
    >recommendations?
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >Tony

  3. Penguin

    Penguin Guest

    I purchased the Creative Labs MuVo TX FM 256MB MP3 Player. It comes
    with an arm band and has been perfect. It is light and I use the FM
    radio often which is perfectly clear. It also has voice recording
    capabilities. It seems to be solid and of good quality.

  4. Dred

    Dred Guest

    i've had a few, and i like the iPod shuffle best. it's super light and
    i like the mix of tunes. i hate armbands, though. make me itch. i stick
    it in my belt.

  5. OceanLover

    OceanLover Guest

    I have an iRiver and I am quite happy with it. I don't use the armband but
    either hold it (it is tiny and easy to control) or put it on my waistband.
    It comes with an FM radio and also has recording capabilities.

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Hi,
    >
    > I want to buy an MP3 player for runnning which has an armband as I
    > relly don't fancy putting it in my pocket. Does anyone have any
    > recommendations?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Tony

  6. Ben Gun

    Ben Gun Guest

    Hi Tony,
    I had a quick look and found these links for headphone mp3 players:

    128MB mp3 for £25
    http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/81821/art/aiptek/headphone-mp3-player-smp3.html

    128MB mp3 plus fm radio for $189.95
    http://shopping.rednova.com/catalog/Mojo-1--Headphone-Mp3-Player-p-16829.html

    or how about
    256MB for only 48 quid
    http://www.aqsound.com/store/en/view_product/x/323/

    hth, Ben

    On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 11:03:29 +0100, Ben Gun <[email protected]> wrote:

    >No, but I think it is even better to have it build in to your
    >headphones. I once saw headphones that had an fm radio on one side and
    >an mp3 player on the other. No cables.
    >
    >just an idea.
    >Ben
    >
    >On 25 Sep 2005 23:00:16 -0700, [email protected] wrote:
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>I want to buy an MP3 player for runnning which has an armband as I
    >>relly don't fancy putting it in my pocket. Does anyone have any
    >>recommendations?
    >>
    >>Thanks
    >>
    >>Tony

  7. GAigner

    GAigner Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I want to buy an MP3 player for runnning which has an armband as I
    > relly don't fancy putting it in my pocket. Does anyone have any
    > recommendations?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Tony

    I have an iRiver and I'm very happy with it. The one thing I would tell
    you is to make sure you get something with flash memory and not a hard
    drive. A hard drive means you have a disk going round and round while
    you're running. Over time that will cause problems and they (systems
    with HD’s) are less likely to survive the inevitable fall that happens
    while exercising.

    Hope this helps,

    George