mp3 players

complience said:
riding while listening to an mp3 player

theres only two options really.

Oakley Thump or Oakley Razrwire.

THUMP are sunglasses with built in mp3 players.

Razrwire is a wireless bluetooth connector, so your mp3 player would to have to bluetooth.. but lance seems to like them.

http://www.gizmag.co.uk/watermark.php?p=4322_260705120905.jpg

THUMP

Razorwire
I've got a 30gB iPod and I've never bought any music from iTMS or elsewhere online. Lately I've been digitizing my lp collection(1700+ and growing). I save the data as uncompressed .aiff and just load that onto the iPod. I suppose when I fill it up I'll rip the .aiff to something smaller but I got a way's to go.

Middle pocket of my road jersey. No way would I take it on my mtb. I have a bad habit of crashing, falling over, hitting trees, etc.

I'd get a flash-based player like the Nano and a good case to keep it from getting scratched.

Does anyone have any suggestions on headphones to use with the iPod? The ones that came with it seem to fall out very easily when I ride or work out but I can't spend alot either.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Megan

bbattle said:
I've got a 30gB iPod and I've never bought any music from iTMS or elsewhere online. Lately I've been digitizing my lp collection(1700+ and growing). I save the data as uncompressed .aiff and just load that onto the iPod. I suppose when I fill it up I'll rip the .aiff to something smaller but I got a way's to go.

Middle pocket of my road jersey. No way would I take it on my mtb. I have a bad habit of crashing, falling over, hitting trees, etc.

I'd get a flash-based player like the Nano and a good case to keep it from getting scratched.
I've been digitizing a lot of vinyl lately myself - especially stuff I can't get anymore, online or otherwise.

Another tip - storage means - flash memory, like the Nano and the type that I have, is all solid-state and has no moving parts. Hard-drive-type units are vulnerable to vibration (MTB'ers like myself on occasion), impacts, and, since hard drives are a type of magnetic medium, they are especially vulnerable to stray magnetic fields, which can effectively wipe out your entire library in less than one second.