MP5?

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Mike R, Feb 24, 2004.

  1. Mike R

    Mike R Guest

    Hi,

    I've decided to grasp the ever exanding belly and diet. However, rather than try and do it myself I
    though I would give the MP5 a try.

    Are there any blokes in this NG that have had any success?

    Thanks

    Mike

    Tags:

  2. Not a guy but there are some extremely successful ones here and you are most
    welcome to join and good luck, Lee
    Mike R <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've decided to grasp the ever exanding belly and diet. However, rather than try and do it myself
    > I though I would give the MP5 a try.
    >
    > Are there any blokes in this NG that have had any success?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Mike

  3. Marc Heimann

    Marc Heimann Guest

    Mike R wrote:

    > I've decided to grasp the ever exanding belly and diet. However, rather than try and do it myself
    > I though I would give the MP5 a try.

    Welcome to the wonderfull world of WW :)

    > Are there any blokes in this NG that have had any success?

    Yes, but not using the MP5 program but the "regular" one.

    From what I have read about the MP5 sounds great though.

    You're daily number of points are based on your weight and the level you choose.

    Level 1: You are very diciplined and want to lose 1kg per week Level 2: You want to be flexible and
    lose 0,5 to 1 kg per week Level 3: Freedom is very important to you. You are fine with a weekly
    weightloss of 0,5 kg and less.

    This is valid for the actual german version, ymmv depending on where you
    live.

    I'm using the standard WW program for Germany and went from 88 kg (194 lbs) and 32% bodyfat to 81 kg
    (178 lbs) and 24% bodyfat from mid December till now.

    Cheers Marc

  4. Mike R

    Mike R Guest

    "Marc Heimann" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Mike R wrote:
    >
    > > I've decided to grasp the ever exanding belly and diet. However, rather than try and do it
    > > myself I though I would give the MP5 a try.
    >
    > Welcome to the wonderfull world of WW :)
    >

    > > Are there any blokes in this NG that have had any success?
    >
    > Yes, but not using the MP5 program but the "regular" one.
    >
    > From what I have read about the MP5 sounds great though.
    >
    > You're daily number of points are based on your weight and the level you choose.
    >
    > Level 1: You are very diciplined and want to lose 1kg per week Level 2: You want to be flexible
    > and lose 0,5 to 1 kg per week Level 3: Freedom is very important to you. You are fine with a
    > weekly weightloss of 0,5 kg and less.
    >
    > This is valid for the actual german version, ymmv depending on where you
    > live.
    >
    > I'm using the standard WW program for Germany and went from 88 kg (194 lbs) and 32% bodyfat to 81
    > kg (178 lbs) and 24% bodyfat from mid December till now.
    >
    > Cheers Marc

    Thanks, Just ordered it and looking forward to its arrival. I think I will have a tough challenge -
    currently 140kgs - However I will do it.

    I have mentally set myself a target to drop about 2-3lb /week. Is this realistic?

    Anyway - I'll keep my progress posted - so watch this space..

    Kind Regards

    Mike (UK)

  5. On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 20:20:04 -0000, "Mike R" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >"Marc Heimann" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    >online.com...
    >> Mike R wrote:
    >>
    >> > I've decided to grasp the ever exanding belly and diet. However, rather than try and do it
    >> > myself I though I would give the MP5 a try.
    >>
    >> Welcome to the wonderfull world of WW :)
    >>

    >> > Are there any blokes in this NG that have had any success?
    >>
    >> Yes, but not using the MP5 program but the "regular" one.
    >>
    >> From what I have read about the MP5 sounds great though.
    >>
    >> You're daily number of points are based on your weight and the level you choose.
    >>
    >> Level 1: You are very diciplined and want to lose 1kg per week Level 2: You want to be flexible
    >> and lose 0,5 to 1 kg per week Level 3: Freedom is very important to you. You are fine with a
    >> weekly weightloss of 0,5 kg and less.
    >>
    >> This is valid for the actual german version, ymmv depending on where you
    >> live.
    >>
    >> I'm using the standard WW program for Germany and went from 88 kg (194 lbs) and 32% bodyfat to 81
    >> kg (178 lbs) and 24% bodyfat from mid December till now.
    >>
    >> Cheers Marc
    >>

    >Thanks, Just ordered it and looking forward to its arrival. I think I will have a tough challenge -
    >currently 140kgs - However I will do it.
    >
    >I have mentally set myself a target to drop about 2-3lb /week. Is this realistic?

    WW recommends losing not more than 1-2 lbs/ week, although this is an average. The more weight a
    person has to lose, the faster it will come off. So 2-3 lbs/week may not be at all unrealistic for
    you at first. Sounds like you'll be trying the Level 1 program. Good luck!! The secret is to stick
    with it. If you get off program, don't quit, just get back on program as soon as you can. No guilt,
    and move on. I'll look forward to reading about your progress.

    Prairie Roots
    232/161/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

    >Anyway - I'll keep my progress posted - so watch this space..
    >
    >Kind Regards
    >

    >Mike (UK)

  6. good for you, Lee
    Mike R <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Marc Heimann" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > online.com...
    > > Mike R wrote:
    > >
    > > > I've decided to grasp the ever exanding belly and diet. However,
    rather
    > > > than try and do it myself I though I would give the MP5 a try.
    > >
    > > Welcome to the wonderfull world of WW :)
    > >

    > > > Are there any blokes in this NG that have had any success?
    > >
    > > Yes, but not using the MP5 program but the "regular" one.
    > >
    > > From what I have read about the MP5 sounds great though.
    > >
    > > You're daily number of points are based on your weight and the level you choose.
    > >
    > > Level 1: You are very diciplined and want to lose 1kg per week Level 2: You want to be flexible
    > > and lose 0,5 to 1 kg per week Level 3: Freedom is very important to you. You are fine with a
    > > weekly weightloss of 0,5 kg and less.
    > >
    > > This is valid for the actual german version, ymmv depending on where you
    > > live.
    > >
    > > I'm using the standard WW program for Germany and went from 88 kg (194 lbs) and 32% bodyfat to
    > > 81 kg (178 lbs) and 24% bodyfat from mid December till now.
    > >
    > > Cheers Marc
    > >

    > Thanks, Just ordered it and looking forward to its arrival. I think I
    will
    > have a tough challenge - currently 140kgs - However I will do it.
    >
    > I have mentally set myself a target to drop about 2-3lb /week. Is this realistic?
    >
    > Anyway - I'll keep my progress posted - so watch this space..
    >
    > Kind Regards
    >

    > Mike (UK)

  7. What is MP5? Kristine Quilici "Mike R" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]... Hi,

    I've decided to grasp the ever exanding belly and diet. However, rather than try and do it myself I
    though I would give the MP5 a try.

    Are there any blokes in this NG that have had any success?

    Thanks

    Mike

  8. WW program for men. UK and maybe elsewhere in Europe only.

    On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 23:19:14 GMT, "Kristine Quilici" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >What is MP5? Kristine Quilici "Mike R" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]... Hi,
    >
    >I've decided to grasp the ever exanding belly and diet. However, rather than try and do it myself I
    >though I would give the MP5 a try.
    >
    >Are there any blokes in this NG that have had any success?
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >Mike

    Prairie Roots
    232/161/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

  9. Thanks. I wonder why WW just doesn't have one program for everyone? Kristine "Prairie Roots"
    <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]... WW program for
    men. UK and maybe elsewhere in Europe only.

    On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 23:19:14 GMT, "Kristine Quilici" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >What is MP5? Kristine Quilici "Mike R" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]... Hi,
    >
    >I've decided to grasp the ever exanding belly and diet. However, rather than try and do it myself I
    >though I would give the MP5 a try.
    >
    >Are there any blokes in this NG that have had any success?
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >Mike

    Prairie Roots
    232/161/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

  10. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Well, now that I've read (thanks, Prairie) what MP5 is.....

    USA here so I'm just doing, I guess, the slightly older Winning Points system and not the newer US
    Flex Points.

    If you follow the program it works altho, I do not know how strict, strict is on the program you
    talked about.

    As Prairie wrote, if you do blow it on an occasion, just start up the next hour, meal, day or week.
    You are also looking to change the behaviors so that it is not a diet but a new way of eating and
    looking at food. So if the strict meal plan seems to severe you might want to back off and find the
    one you can maintain after you've lost weight so that you can maintain that loss.

    Fred
    219.2/158.8/164. (Lifetime July 2003) Started WW: Oct 29, 2002

    On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 14:53:02 -0000, "Mike R" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I've decided to grasp the ever exanding belly and diet. However, rather than try and do it myself I
    >though I would give the MP5 a try.
    >
    >Are there any blokes in this NG that have had any success?
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >Mike

  11. Ray Miller

    Ray Miller Guest

    >Thanks, Just ordered it and looking forward to its arrival. I think I will have a tough challenge -
    >currently 140kgs - However I will do it.
    >
    >I have mentally set myself a target to drop about 2-3lb /week. Is this realistic?
    >
    >Anyway - I'll keep my progress posted - so watch this space..

    Losing more than 2 pounds a week isn't a great idea. You may be able to do it, especially at first,
    but you'll lose lean body mass as well as muscle. If you aim to do this make sure that you start
    exercising and preferably start doing weight lifting as well to preserve muscle mass. Losing at a
    more moderate 1-2 pounds a week is a better way to lose.

    Good luck, and keep posting

    Ray
    --
    rmnsuk