Mr. B...what Make & Model Tandem?

Primary drive side view. Note to self: Rotate those bars, dummy.

DSCF1321_zpsbgwmdtvj.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Beautiful bike, CampyBob! I like the color. I bet you'll be putting a lot of miles on it.

Bob

The captain's saddle is a Terry with Ti-Inox hollow rails. Stoker's saddle also hollow rails, but not Ti.

DSCF1313_zpspftytqex.jpg

Reactions: BobCochran
Nice bike CB. With a few personal mods I'm sure the bike will live beyond your expectations!

Bob, I doubt it sees all that many miles. I live in the sticks and that means loading that tank to take it out to pavement every time. I think when I take the wife out to the Rail-To-Trails bike paths like Mr. B. rides...that's when it will see service time.

I never cared for yellow and this thing shows every damned grease smear or black mark like a neon sign. Still, it's growing on me a little. Thanks for the compliment on the color.

The bike cleaned up pretty easily and I think I'll like how it rides when I get one of my training buds on the back. Tandems can be rocketships with two in-synch riders hammering away on the open straight stretches. Unfortunately, the climb like rocks. Actually, more like a box of rocks on the steep stuff. I'm going to be spending a lot of climbing time on my ass in a little gear unless I find a strong, coordinated stoker.

If you've ever seen and heard a captain bark out a, "One! Two! Hup!", and both riders jump up like they were one body and then sprint a tandem up a hill...rocking that 35-40 pounds of mass like it was a carbon single...well, you haven't lived. It's a sight to see. Really good tandem teams are one of cyclings most awesome things to watch race. It's thrilling to the max.

Hi CampyBob, It is interesting that you talk of tandem racing. The last few days, I've been addicted to watching Tour de France videos (there is an old one showing Miguel Indurian moving right up a mountain that really amazed me) and videos of the recent UCI races in Richmond, Virginia.

I'll have to search for videos of tandem racers.

Thanks a ton

Bob

CAMPYBOB said:
Anyone know what model levers these generic sitmaNO "Flite Deck" marked things are?

Are they 7 or 8 speed? They might be Tourney or some older Tiagra thing...

More shitmaNO generic ****.

Pedal sets ordered. And another rear tire for the Wilier.

Life is measured in worn out tires.