Mr. beanz: baddest bicycle man on the planet

Mr. Beanz

Aug 18, 2015
:D:p:D I was messing around trying to figure out some format for an interview of an artist friend. Disabled guy asked me to make a serious video of him and his art. Serious? Me? :eek:

We recorded a bunch of footage and it was cool but to hard to edit and piece together. So I had seen interviews done this way in the past and thought it would work to shorten the video time.

I made this as a sample to show him what I had planned. This is what came out not having any certain plan or material. Just goofing off and making a silly video. :p

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Cheswick
Can I borrow your $500 LeMond bike please?

I promise to return it to ye.

Nice video, Mr.B.

Ha ha ha! :D

Thanks! Actually my Lemond Chambery was the best smoothest softest ride I'v had in the last 20 years of my cycling. I miss the thing, but it snapped at the chainstay. Poor design I think. But I still miss the ride and Trek had to go and dump Lemond. :( So no more Lemond for me.:mad:

Ha ha ha! :D

Thanks! Actually my Lemond Chambery was the best smoothest softest ride I'v had in the last 20 years of my cycling. I miss the thing, but it snapped at the chainstay. Poor design I think. But I still miss the ride and Trek had to go and dump Lemond. :( So no more Lemond for me.:mad:

My pal has a Trek, and he swears by it.

The same pal has Stephen Roche-owned old Peugeot bike in his collection, and before he got his Trek he reckoned that out of all his bikes the Peugeot was the best of all (the same man has Bianchi's, Gios, Pinarello, in his collection).

So I wouldn't right off Trek bikes!

Reactions: Mr. Beanz
My pal has a Trek, and he swears by it.

The same pal has Stephen Roche-owned old Peugeot bike in his collection, and before he got his Trek he reckoned that out of all his bikes the Peugeot was the best of all (the same man has Bianchi's, Gios, Pinarello, in his collection).

So I wouldn't right off Trek bikes!

I had a Trek 1100 or 1200 back in 1996, $600 model, fit like a glove. Good ride.

Later I bought a Cannondale CAD3, I like it very responsive but not as comfy as the Trek so I was shopping for another Trek but came out with a Lemond Tourmalet. It was a nice ride but aluminum, the frame snapped on a climb. Nice ride and fit as well as my Trek.

It was replaced with a Lemond Chambery free replacement by Trek when they still had Lemond in storage. IT WAS A GREAT RIDE!!!!! Partial carbon and part aluminum. But it also snapped on a climb at the chainstay, poor design I think having cut outs in that area.

It was replaced once again free of charge by Trek with a full carbon Trek Madone. I have to say my first Trek was a really nice fit, the Lemond Chambery a GREAT fit. The Madone is a good fit but not as nice as the others and the ride quality of the Lemond Chambery though partial aluminum was a better ride than the full carbon Madone.

I'm guessing that was more due to the geometry of the Lemond, great ride I really miss it!

So I do like the Trek fit , just that the Lemond was better. :D

My current Trek and my past Lemond.

My wife rides a Trek Pilot. Great fit in her opinion!

DSCN0751_zpsdj1ewjkc.jpg

081810Q.jpg

Wife's Trek

GGbike1.jpg

So we are pretty much a Trek family. My MTB fits like a glove too! And of course Trek takes great care of their customers if you play by the book and are the ORIGINAL OWNER/PURCHASER!

I once had a Ridley Scandium bike that I swore by it...and swore at it! thanks to Ridley's outstanding warranty provisions after the head tube cracked at the top it was deemed failure by fatigue after an amazing fatigue inducing 8,000 miles! But it rode like a brick anyway, so while I was ****** that Ridley did that I was glad I didn't have to ride it anymore.

I've owned 3 Treks, but this was back in the day when they made bikes in the USA and made them right...out of steel! LOL!! I had their very first TX900 that I got as a frame and fork and had it decorated with Campy Super Record, which I sold it to buy a better car because girls thought it odd that my bike cost more than my car. Then later I got a 412 which I actually started my racing "career" on that bike if you can imagine, I had the cheapest costing bike on the team! when I crashed that bike and totaled it against a car I got a Trek 660 frame and fork and decorated it with the Suntour Superbe group and raced it till I quit in 87, I still have that 660 today and it has over 160,000 miles on it, and the components and the bike itself still runs fine though the paint and decals are really faded from the S. California sun. I just don't see much that Trek offers today. I was going to get it repainted and new decals but now I think it will be in the herd to sell maybe this spring.