Mrc

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Chris Friedmann, Sep 9, 2003.

1. Chris Friedmann

Chris Friedmann New Member

Any MRC riders out there? I have two McMahon bikes...wondering how many are out there and what good or bad comments you have about the frames...

Tags:

2. Chris Friedmann

Chris Friedmann New Member

I guess there are not that many of us out there...I have an MRC Ti road frame and it is sweet..fast smooth ride...I also have an MRC Boom Shaka MTB...great frame, rides good...my MRC suspension fork did bite the dust though...started bottoming out, while it lasted it was very stiff laterally...I switched it out w/a Manitou Super Black Air...great fork but not as stff laterally. I have had the Boom Shaka since late 97 and the Ti road bike since 98...My road bike has an MRC BB-Gun Ti bottom bracket and cool looking(and functional) MRC brakes...I surmise that McMahon Racing Cycles is out of business...it is a shame.

3. dhoffer

dhoffer New Member

i have an old MRC racing MTB and love it. just 1 bad thing... 1" steerer tube. i can't find any forks anymore.

4. BW205

BW205 New Member

Greetings ...I am new on the Forum but am also a McMahon bike owner. I always wanted to know more about my bike.

I don't know what model it is but it is a fully suspended. I got the bike in 1998 and even back then it was a second hand bike. I will try and dig up a photo of it

Cheers
    Billy

5. marinti

marinti New Member

I've got also an McMahon frame(MTB), with an 29.0 seatpostsize.

What are your MRC seatpostsizes out there?

6. Hypnospin

Hypnospin New Member

a friend of a team mate had one, a '92, road. i still remember the ti forks, an unusual mtl for forks, seldom seen (mrazek has 'em). htey were simular to fat city "yo eddy!" forks in design, large tubes with a multi angle tube crown, crafty.

nice riding by all evidence, as the guy could certainly hang...