MS 150 Help

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by rst, Feb 19, 2004.

  1. rst

    rst New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2004
    Hey everyone. If you haven't heard about the MS 150 you should really check it out at www.MS150.org. If you can make it down to Houston to ride, great, if not you can still help out by sponsoring me! If you would like to do so, please go to

    http://www.ms150.org/MS150/donate/donate.cfm?id=107497

    It is all benefiting Multiple Sclerosis Research. Any amount is appreciated!!
    Thanks,
    Sam

    Tags:

  2. On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 03:35:49 GMT, rst <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Hey everyone. If you haven't heard about the MS 150 you should really check it out at
    >www.MS150.org. If you can make it down to Houston to ride, great, if not you can still help out by
    >sponsoring me! If you would like to do so, please go to
    >
    >http://www.ms150.org/MS150/donate/donate.cfm?id=107497
    >
    >It is all benefiting Multiple Sclerosis Research. Any amount is appreciated!! Thanks, Sam

    Spam is NOT appreciated.

    -Luigi

  3. Harris

    Harris Guest

    rst <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Hey everyone. If you haven't heard about the MS 150 you should really check it out at
    > www.MS150.org. If you can make it down to Houston to ride, great, if not you can still help out by
    > sponsoring me! If you would like to do so, please go to

    > http://www.ms150.org/MS150/donate/donate.cfm?id=107497

    > It is all benefiting Multiple Sclerosis Research. Any amount is appreciated!! Thanks, Sam

    If you want to support MS Research, why don't you make a donation? Why should we pay for you to ride
    your bike?

    Art Harris

  4. rst

    rst New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2004
    I plan on it Art. I will be donating $150 myself, but the minimum donation to enter is $300.

  5. On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 23:37:16 GMT, rst <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I plan on it Art. I will be donating $150 myself, but the minimum donation to enter is $300.

    Then refrain from buying new shoes this year.

    If I want to make a contribution, I'll contribute on my own, ride by myself, or contribute to
    someone I know in flesh and blood who's riding.

    All you want to do is ride your bike, which is an admirable thing, but I shouldn't have to cough
    up for it.

    Come to think of it, I could do with US$150, myself. You want to give me some?

    -Luigi www.livejournal.com/users/ouij Photos, Rants, Raves

  6. rst

    rst New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2004
    All you want to do is ride your bike, which is an admirable thing, but I shouldn't have to cough
    up for it.

    Nobody said you had to, just thought some people might want to help

  7. "rst" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Nobody said you had to, just thought some people might want to help

    Sam, it's like this: imagine there's members of a cycling club hanging out at the local bakery, or
    the local pub, after a ride, drinking the appropriate beverages and having a snack. You burst into
    the room, and say, "I'm doing the MS 150 ride -- want to donate?" We don't know you from a hole in
    the ground. Now imagine that this happens several times a year, different people we really don't
    know, doing various charity rides. Can you imagine that club members might razz you a bit?

    Now, imagine the same scenario, only this time, the guy who is doing the asking is someone who we
    all know, and is someone we've ridden a few thousand miles with. Can you imagine that we might
    contribute a few dollars, if only because we like you?

    So, this is what I suggest: go to the people who you have ridden a few miles with, and to your other
    friends, and to people at your job, and people at your church, and people...well, you get the idea.
    Ask them to pony up a few bucks -- they probably will.

    --
    Warm Regards,

    Claire Petersky

    Home of the meditative cyclist:

    New CD coming out this month! See: http://www.tiferet.net

    "To forgive is to set the prisoner free and then discover the prisoner
    was you."