MS 150 Help

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 03:35:49 GMT, rst <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Hey everyone. If you haven't heard about the MS 150 you should really check it out at
>www.MS150.org. If you can make it down to Houston to ride, great, if not you can still help out by
>sponsoring me! If you would like to do so, please go to
>
>http://www.ms150.org/MS150/donate/donate.cfm?id=107497
>
>It is all benefiting Multiple Sclerosis Research. Any amount is appreciated!! Thanks, Sam

Spam is NOT appreciated.

-Luigi

rst <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hey everyone. If you haven't heard about the MS 150 you should really check it out at
> www.MS150.org. If you can make it down to Houston to ride, great, if not you can still help out by
> sponsoring me! If you would like to do so, please go to

> http://www.ms150.org/MS150/donate/donate.cfm?id=107497

> It is all benefiting Multiple Sclerosis Research. Any amount is appreciated!! Thanks, Sam

If you want to support MS Research, why don't you make a donation? Why should we pay for you to ride
your bike?

Art Harris

Originally posted by Harris
rst <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hey everyone. If you haven't heard about the MS 150 you should really check it out at
> www.MS150.org. If you can make it down to Houston to ride, great, if not you can still help out by
> sponsoring me! If you would like to do so, please go to

> http://www.ms150.org/MS150/donate/donate.cfm?id=107497

> It is all benefiting Multiple Sclerosis Research. Any amount is appreciated!! Thanks, Sam

If you want to support MS Research, why don't you make a donation? Why should we pay for you to ride
your bike?

Art Harris

I plan on it Art. I will be donating $150 myself, but the minimum donation to enter is $300.

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 23:37:16 GMT, rst <[email protected]> wrote:

>I plan on it Art. I will be donating $150 myself, but the minimum donation to enter is $300.

Then refrain from buying new shoes this year.

If I want to make a contribution, I'll contribute on my own, ride by myself, or contribute to
someone I know in flesh and blood who's riding.

All you want to do is ride your bike, which is an admirable thing, but I shouldn't have to cough
up for it.

Come to think of it, I could do with US$150, myself. You want to give me some?

-Luigi www.livejournal.com/users/ouij Photos, Rants, Raves

All you want to do is ride your bike, which is an admirable thing, but I shouldn't have to cough
up for it.

Nobody said you had to, just thought some people might want to help

"rst" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Nobody said you had to, just thought some people might want to help

Sam, it's like this: imagine there's members of a cycling club hanging out at the local bakery, or
the local pub, after a ride, drinking the appropriate beverages and having a snack. You burst into
the room, and say, "I'm doing the MS 150 ride -- want to donate?" We don't know you from a hole in
the ground. Now imagine that this happens several times a year, different people we really don't
know, doing various charity rides. Can you imagine that club members might razz you a bit?

Now, imagine the same scenario, only this time, the guy who is doing the asking is someone who we
all know, and is someone we've ridden a few thousand miles with. Can you imagine that we might
contribute a few dollars, if only because we like you?

So, this is what I suggest: go to the people who you have ridden a few miles with, and to your other
friends, and to people at your job, and people at your church, and people...well, you get the idea.
Ask them to pony up a few bucks -- they probably will.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky

Home of the meditative cyclist:

New CD coming out this month! See: http://www.tiferet.net

"To forgive is to set the prisoner free and then discover the prisoner
was you."